Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«981 »
UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Giga Gaia posted:

does it make a difference if i felt really guilty when i remembered they were there?

Well, that is what that resurrect command is for, although I am not sure if the small quest they are a part of fails if one/all of them die before the quest officially starts. Fixing that might take some more advanced console commands however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TigerXtrm
Feb 2, 2019

Old Boot posted:

Willow is cringey as gently caress, don't get the Willow mod.

EDIT: by which I mean she's a purestrain waifu mod.

I guess it can be, but it doesn't have to be. There is the option to make her nude and sex her and all that stuff, but you can just as easily turn it down when it comes to that.

IMO Willow is a great companion with a decent (be it not very deep) backstory and offers a whole bunch of side quests and fun content. I care very little for the whole romance branch in her quest line, and I still enjoyed running around the Mojave with her.

The same author also made a companion mod for Fallout 4 called Heather, which admittedly toned down the 'waifu' stuff quite a bit as far as I can tell.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014

Soiled Meat

megalodong posted:

willow reminds me of the saerileth mod for baldur's gate 2, which you all should look up if you've never seen it.

is that the mod with a romanceable 14 year old paladin

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I got Willow and basically just used her as a way to pad out my unlimited companions mod so I had a giant party blasting through everything and carrying thousands of pounds of loot. I completely ignored all of her friendship and romance options.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

drkeiscool posted:

is that the mod with a romanceable 14 year old paladin

IIRC, she is also from glorious not-Japan and if you cheat on her she dies of a broken heart.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Legion run is going great. I finally had an IC excuse to murder the Bright Brotherhood instead of doing a really long set of quests to advance.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

The only interesting NPC in 3 is Moria. Even the named NPCs who don't have a quest in New Vegas have at least an attempt at giving them a bit of personality. Rotface has more character than most of the Fallout 3 lot, and his side quest is literally broken.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I find it hilarious how generic East Coast Brotherhood actually is, down to most of them having the same voice actor.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

East Coast Brotherhood didn't get interesting until Fallout 4, when you see what an unfettered West Coast Brotherhood would look like without all their rules and regulations. Techno-fascist warrior monks all the way down.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Jesus saves, Gretzky scores! The workers slave, the rich get more. One wrong move - we risk the cup - so play the man, not the puck

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

Legion run is going great. I finally had an IC excuse to murder the Bright Brotherhood instead of doing a really long set of quests to advance.

why would a legionnaire want to help Novac?

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

SeanBeansShako posted:

I find it hilarious how generic East Coast Brotherhood actually is, down to most of them having the same voice actor.

STEEL BE WITH YOU

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Old Boot posted:

STEEL BE WITH YOU

I cannot for the life of me begin to describe how much contempt I have for that line alone.

Encountering East Coast BoS crystallized that moment that I was 1000% positive the one-note dipshits in the writers room looked blankly at each other and said 'uhh so we're out of ideas how about we just cut and paste lines from Elder Scrolls?'

'Sacred steel,' get the gently caress out of here.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

If it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure even Bethesda hates that line, because no one ever says it in Fallout 4.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

JawKnee posted:

why would a legionnaire want to help Novac?

The way I'm roleplaying it is a Frumentarius who was assigned to kill and replace Courier Six to get his hands on the platinum chip, but got intercepted by Benny by Goodsprings. So he still needs to track down Benny, which means doing what he needs to convince other people to give up info.

Since he's supposed to be undercover, he also doesn't just run around slaughtering everyone in the NCR. He's just manipulating events to put Caesar in power and eventually overtake the NCR at the dam, which sometimes means aiding the enemy to gain their trust or get something beneficial.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

chitoryu12 posted:

The way I'm roleplaying it is a Frumentarius who was assigned to kill and replace Courier Six to get his hands on the platinum chip, but got intercepted by Benny by Goodsprings. So he still needs to track down Benny, which means doing what he needs to convince other people to give up info.

Since he's supposed to be undercover, he also doesn't just run around slaughtering everyone in the NCR. He's just manipulating events to put Caesar in power and eventually overtake the NCR at the dam, which sometimes means aiding the enemy to gain their trust or get something beneficial.

Be sure to trick Boone into shooting Manny after you get the info you need out of him.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Be sure to trick Boone into shooting Manny after you get the info you need out of him.

I didnít even think of that!

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014

Soiled Meat

ah finally a nuclear winter

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Jesus saves, Gretzky scores! The workers slave, the rich get more. One wrong move - we risk the cup - so play the man, not the puck

Nap Ghost

TigerXtrm
Feb 2, 2019

Huh, don't see that every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I admit the deed! Tear up the planks, here! Here, the shining of his hideous teeth!

call on meeeeeee

«981 »