Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Wasn't there a quote from a Bethesda dev that said something like 'Wasn't the Mojave fun - seems like there might be more to do there...'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Could someone tell me what that energy weapon is which uses up half a clip with each shot and can pretty much kill a gaggle (that's their official collective noun by the way) of Deathclaws with one shot? I want to pick it up with this current run but can't remember for the life of me what it's called.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Gaggle of Deathclaws, good song/band title.

It's either that or Cabaret.

Carthag posted:

Tesla-Beaton prototype? That one uses a ton of ammo, but I don't recall it being worth it really.

It was totally worth it to melt an entire platoon of Legionaires in one shot. Extra effective with that perk that passes on damage after a vaporisation.

Oh, and yes, I believe that is the name, thanks!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Zorak posted:

I think New Vegas is overall a much better game than FO3, but I can't say I care for how the ammo system works. Having multiple ammo types is cool, but I have like something like 8-billion useless ammo components I either accidentally got off people or generated by shooting things, a lot of which are for guns I'll never, ever use. It's tedious and just creates a giant mess, especially since you don't NEED the stuff.

This.
The biggest turn off for HC mode for me is that I'd have to spend even more time squinting at my vast collection of ammunition and then back at my guns to try and put which goes with which. Is there a mod anywhere that let's me play HC mode (so the hunger, thirst, sleep etc) without the ammo weight restriction?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

HoveringCheesecake posted:

That being said, I used to be Fallout 3's biggest fan, but after finishing New Vegas it is pretty clear that NV>FO3. I'm replaying 3 now and I'll be damned if I don't miss the iron sights. My character can't hit poo poo outside of VATS in Fallout 3. And since I'm a retarded babby, it didn't even occur to me until now to ask why the gently caress Radscorpions are in the Capital Wasteland.

This sounds up your street. It let's you play FO3 from within NV, with all the features etc that you'd expect.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Burning Mustache posted:

Incidentally I found that those were much more apparent and annoying in F:NV :I
I've heard most people say that they haven't even noticed those at all in F:NV but I ran into them all the goddamn time during my first run when I actually went to explore every goddamn nook and cranny in the Mojave Wasteland.

I don't remember encountering them in any Gamebryo game, yet in NV they are everywhere. I speak as a habitual mountain climber.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Wolfsheim posted:

You want someone dead? I mean really dead?

I only hear that once or twice through every run. No one asks me to kill Cass. No one.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I'm a fair bit into Bounties and have enjoyed it so far. The writing/dialogue is actually fairly well done and I'm especially enjoying the small glimpses into your employer's past that you're granted as things progress.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Zombie Samurai posted:

Apologies for not reading the whole thread, but I JUST started NV for the first time today, and I'm terrified of spoilers. I'm running into a bug that I'm sure someone here must know something about, and it's really ruining the experience for me.

Sounds keep failing to play, at least until I bring up the escape menu. That means NPC voices get wildly out of sync, sound effects fail to play (like the flip-flip-flip noise on the stat machine at the beginning), and I'm missing a lot of ambient talking and sounds.

The only help I could find online about this was disabling some kind of sound codec that I don't even have installed. Anyone have any ideas that might help?

Have you tried right clicking on New Vegas and going to the Local Files tab and selecting Verify Cache?
NV seems to be one of those games on Steam that frequently leaves out files on the initial download. The only other title I can think of where it happened was Stalker.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
edit; nevermind, late to the party

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I'm looking forward to my next run when I get back to my proper gaming system; first time with a Legion loyal character and melee and explosves expert with 1 intelligence. The descriptions of heads exploding off with single hits is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

robot roll call posted:

Is there a good place to get Turbo? I think I need to cheese the hell out of this. Or 5 magazines so I can pick the train tunnel lock.

I always use Turbo for this bit and as far as I can remember you should only need one dose. Remember, you don't need to be at the gate for the shelling to stop, just near the gate itself.