Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Look at things like the Stanford prison experiments, "evil" isn't born into people.

I just want to point out that the Stanford Prison Experiment is pretty controversial because it involved some pretty lovely methodology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

achillesforever6 posted:

I would like Fallout 4 to be in the Great Lakes area ie Detroit where the radios play a lot of Motown.

This would be great. Of course my personal preference would be Fallout: Hawaii if only for the chance of seeing a Ghoul with Jack Lord hair.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Without FO3 there would have been no New Vegas, and that's really all I can say on the subject.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

thehumandignity posted:

Obviously a troll because he uses the Rosenbergs as an example of legit communist spies.

Like literally two thirds of the examples he gave of reasons why the Red Scare was not a witch hunt were two innocent people that the state murdered for no reason.

Actually, it's fairly certain the Rosenbergs were Russian spies.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

D34THROW posted:

Skryim has the option to use a 360 controller OR keyboard/mouse even if the controller is plugged in. FO3 and NV don't give you that option?

Not that I've noticed, and I've tried because Alpha Protocol sucks on a keyboard.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I can't understand why people use weapons that aren't A Light Shining in Darkness, This Machine, Medicine Stick, or That Gun.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Utgardaloki posted:

Because only the Mysterious Magnum has a loving theme song.

There's a mod that gives you not only the :clint: outfit from the Dollars Trilogy, but two guns that play Morricone when you draw them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Argali posted:

ALSID is fairly useless throughout much of Old World Blues.

I value awesomeness over function, and an Biblically-engraved 1911 given to me as a gift by Joshua Graham himself is pretty much The Most Awesome Thing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I still want Fallout Goes to Hawaii.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OldMemes posted:

So Desmond and Calvert have been fighting since the war? Who are they? What are thier motives? It's just "Help me stop Calvert" or "Betray Desmond", but why? Who are these people, and why should I care about them?

I really think that may have been deliberate. Desmond, if you ask him, more or less implies he was a sort of intelligence officer before the war (given that Desmond is British, he probably worked for whatever the Fallout version of MI6 was), and Calvert was one of his opponents. What about? They won't tell you because of a lifetime of training in secrecy, and in any casy from your perspective it doesn't matter at all, since whatever their bone of contention was, it ceased to be of any importance two centuries ago when the bombs fell.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Colgate posted:

On the flipside, letting a pack of feral ghouls into Tenpenny Tower to kill the residents counts as good karma, I believe. I do know that Three Dog calls you scumbag if you decide not to do that. :stare:

I like Fallout 3 a helluva lot, but I'm not gonna make any excuses that it makes sense. I vastly prefer New Vegas.

See this one makes sense because Three Dog is, if you haven't noticed, a moron.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't know whether this was ever thought about or not, but is Caesar's Legion facing the NCR all along the Colorado south from Lake Mead or is their entire invasion force concentrated around the Dam? I ask this because as a military historian and a general sperg I was just curious if there was any serious thought about what the overall borders of NCR or Legion territory would look like on a map.

Also did Caesar leave any sort of governors or officials back in Arizona and New Mexico or is pretty much his whole "government" with him at the Dam?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That DICK! posted:

I just found the Johnny Five Aces reference. loving marvelous.

I'm not going to lie, finding out about this was what finally convinced me to buy FNV.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Daionus the 23rd posted:

I'm suffering from a glitch. I'm at the point in "Come Fly with Me" where I have to get the Super Mutants out of the basement. Whenever I talk to Davinson a second time, he goes hostile. Do I just have to deal with it and kill all the mutants?

You touched Antler, didn't you?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wolfsheim posted:

Nothing, really. NCR path also lets you literally avoid ever meeting Benny again, letting him stew in the Tops wondering what the gently caress for the rest of the game, I guess. It has a lot of weird missteps like that.

That's actually a pretty funny outcome. I can just imagine him coming down one morning after the dust settles and and being all "Hey, what the hell?"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Honest Hearts is honestly the best DLC I've ever played.

Also I've been playing Fallout 3 again, and it's nowhere near as good as New Vegas, but I can't dislike a game where I can dress up as Abraham Lincoln and shoot a bunch of slaveowners.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If you don't sympathize with a tribe that wear old leather flying jackets and whose goal in this world is to build a B-29 so they can fly around bombing poo poo then I just don't understand you.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah, and New Vegas has loving Johnny Fiveaces in it. Fallout as a whole does silly a lot, and at worst Fallout 3 was the wrong kind of silly.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SplitSoul posted:

My games about green mutants, radioactive zombies, fusion-powered cars, rayguns, fart-based drugs and giant bipedal lizards are just too silly because :arghfist::spergin:

Exactly my point. If shooting bad guys while I'm dressed as Lincoln is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Scorchy posted:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/12/and-heres-obsidians-idea-for-fallout-new-vegas-2

RPS tries to talk to Feargus and Todd Howard about possibly a New Vegas 2 at DICE.

Oh please please please...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

toasterwarrior posted:

The important thing is they keep the "New" in the name as well as the focus on the fate of a city.

So that's Fallout 4, and Fallout: New Orleans :getin:

Wait, so you want Fallout: Central France?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

3Romeo posted:

Why have I never ever used the Battle Rifle before, this thing is loving awesome

It's honestly my go-to weapon.

Also I've played several hundred hours of Fallout without realizing I can throw grenades using VATS.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

de_dust posted:

I really thought it was going to be San Fran, seeing the Shi would be pretty cool and you could bring back some set pieces from F2.

I thought San Francisco got blown up (again) in some semi-canon piece of development backstory for either New Vegas or Van Buren?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Derek Dominoe posted:

Dr. Klein is much more entertaining when you remember that this is him:

(James Urbaniak does both voices.)

Nope, James Urbaniak only voiced Dr. 0. Jim Ward voiced Dr. Klein.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stanos posted:

Although A Light Shining In The Darkness never leaves my inventory.

Good man. It's my most prized possession in the game by far.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I always make sure Dean survives because the idea of him making a triumphant return to Vegas is amusing to me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I always take one or two gold bars as souvenirs and drag back a fortune in chips and machine guns.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pope Guilty posted:

Isn't Ulysses' flag the actual Fallout US flag?

Yeah it is.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Verisimilidude posted:

So despite being an otherwise lukewarm experience Fallout Shelter is one of the creepiest games I've ever played. Women are essentially relegated to being baby-making machines for my highest-statted male characters (I assume they transfer stats, but that might not be the case). They are on an endless cycle of flirt, get pregnant, give birth, repeat.

Sounds about right for a Vault-Tec project, honestly. I'm glad that Bethesda is observing the series canon with such fidelity.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

khy posted:

I'll admit it.

I laughed.

It's the pile of T-Rex toys that gets me, I think.

Something worthwhile on Tumblr? What the gently caress?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CobiWann posted:

Killing Dean Domino - feel good moment or just another victim of Sierra Madre’s capacity for greed?

Yes it is.

Dean is evil but he's an awesome kind of evil and unleashing him on the Mojave by letting him live feels awesome. I imagine my Courier meeting him later on when I'm running Vegas and telling him "OK Dean, gently caress with everyone else, but not me, understand?" And Dean would. Because game respects game. Or something.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eregos posted:

Yeah I spent like an entire hour trying to figure out how to get out of the vault with all the gold bars. I eventually managed to do it, but it was a bit silly because I had so much stuff from all the DLC that I barely even needed to sell any of the gold bars. By the time I'd reached level 50 and done absolutely everything in the entire game and all DLC, I'd only sold like 1/10th of all the gold bars I collected.

ninja edit: I remember the 'fast travel while overencumbered' perk proved its usefulness in this instance.

I usually just took hundreds of hundred automatic rifles, pistols, knives, and crafting components back to the Mojave. Plus a single gold bar as a souvenir. There was so much crap dumped on the floor of Elijah's vault it should've glitched out the game engine.