Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

drat this thread is a decade old

I'm going to play NV from scratch. I last played it when it came out, in 2010. Anything suggestions? Mods, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Ok cool

What's the opinion on playing on hardcore if I'm using the jsawyer ue mod?

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

ok

it wouldn't be a bethesda game if I didn't spend at least three hours setting up mods before I played, with a 50% chance that I'll have spent longer setting those up than I spend playing the game

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I can't turn off the mouse acceleration. I modified the Fallout New Vegas/fallout_default.ini as directed, but it didn't work. What do I need to do here?

[Controls]
bAlwaysRunByDefault=1
bBackground Mouse=0
bBackground Keyboard=1
fForegroundMouseAccelBase=0
fForegroundMouseAccelTop=0
fForegroundMouseBase=0
fForegroundMouseMult=0

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

How are you launching the game? If you launch the game through the menu launcher it resets your ini files.

Mod organizer

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

And you've set your ini file using the built in ini editor?

Ah no I didn't know that was a thing. I think that fixed it, thanks!

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Why would Vault-Tec want to launch the nukes; you can't sell more fallout shelters once the war has happened

Hey what's the recommend order/timing on all the DLC these days?

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

You guys gave me some setup help a few weeks ago (thanks again) and I've been trudging through a little at a time. I just made it into the Sierra Madre around level 28 and let me say that this DLC sucks

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Maybe I just haven't been in the right mood for it, but I've found that the atmosphere and ambience in DM has been completely off-putting. I don't feel like I needed another oppressive, depressing, grim environment. While other games manage to accomplish this setting while still having a sense of excitement and appeal, such as Dark Souls, DM just landed completely flat. Add to that that I use energy weapons and ran out of ammo for the holorifle quickly, leaving me to fight with a police pistol and a 20 guns skill, it's felt more like a slog than anything else. I don't begrudge others their enjoyment, but it's not working for me.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Some of those bigshot mod teams should just remake Van buren so they don’t feel tempted to come up with their own writing/ideas and ending up with sex lizards and dubiously aged slave girls talking describing how their feet smell

Wait, was this in an actual FO? Or just notes from Van Buren?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Reading this conversation makes it obvious that there's much more moral nuance in these conversations and decisions than is readily apparent when you're chugging through.