Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Should I play through all the DLC with my high level guy I haven't touched in months or just completely restart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

9 int 9 luck nothing else matters.

Sorting inventory can get tedious if you don't have a decent amount of STR.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I have some sort of weird obsession with Ratslayer. I think it's because this is the first playthrough I found it on. I haven't quite figured out why some things die so quickly to it and others are so resilient.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

thehumandignity posted:

The least cynical explanation I can think of for Oblivion and Fallout 3 is that, after Morrowind, Bethesda realized that hiring like six people to read cliche RPG dialogue would be just as appealing as Morrowind's rich walls of text to different, but more numerous, people. I can't really fault them for that; if you can achieve similar amounts of success with less work, it would be bad business not to do that.

Though, I'll admit, there were quests in Oblivion I legitimately liked. The "house" mission in the Dark Brotherhood line. The painting thing. Uh. That's all I can think of, but I don't think I've played the game since 2007 or 2008.

I liked the final thieves guild quest. Just don't miss with that arrow.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

rope kid posted:

As far as familiarity with old world terms/names/ideas goes, regular folks in the Mojave Wasteland are Rhodes Scholars compared to the tribals Caesar encountered when he went east. Even if wastelanders don't know anything about Julius Caesar, the name "Caesar" or "Cesar" could be passed along pretty easily in some form. People today use plenty of names and phrases without actually understanding where they came from or what they mean.

Cesarian sections come to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

CJacobs posted:

Basically what I'm saying is that I want to see Fallout 4 built on an engine that's not loving Gamebryo because Gamebryo is awful and every game that runs on it suffers because of it. Unfortunately, Gamebryo's main engine owner is Bethesda, so if they make the next game then I'm sure it'll run on it too.

I was just thinking this weekend that Fallout in Far Cy 3's engine would be pretty drat fun.