Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

So, I took Cass with me to Benny. I took his suit for the charisma bonus, but didn't really want to lug it around when I didn't need it. So I gave it to Cass to hold on to. This is what happens immediately after.

She does have a convincing argument.

Also, I recently beat Lonesome Road...anyone else really disappointed by it? I was expecting something really profound, and instead got some philosophy 101 lectures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Dead Man Posting posted:

Great screenshot!

It was a little anticlimatic for me, because I took dialogue options to make Ulysses not fight me/die. I bet if I choose the other option and have an epic showdown, maybe.

All in all I am glad I didn't kill him. Now he just chills on a cliff.

Well, I ended up killing him straight up after a short conversation. I never understood what the hell he was talking about with all the "you brought life here and then killed it" stuff. I guess the fact that the "consequences" you're facing are for something that's never actually shown or even adequately explained bothered me.

Maybe I just got my hopes up too much, though. With all the building up to Ulysses, I was expecting some amazing lines that brought everything you did into question, some kind of amazing reveal like Planescape or something.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

I'm starting to feel a bit guilty about brutally murdering every faction in the game that didn't have something tangible to offer my utopian New Vegas. Basically not offering something tangible has gone from originally being hostile or morally offensive to being vaguely threatening to having a heart beat.

This thousand year robot reich had better be worth all the heart ache.

I just saved the president and as his vertibird left I killed all the NCR present. They were cowering, I shot them in the back with A Light Shining in the Darkness one by one. What have I become, I just wanted to make a little money in the beginning. How did it come to this!?

I do this in most of my saves. I think it's easier to do it because all the factions are pretty gray (besides the legion), and since everyone pretty much just uses you to do all the dirty work, it's really tempting to just tell them to shove off and murder your way to an independent paradise.

I've never been able to bring myself to try and side with one of the factions, honestly. I tried on my recent playthrough to side with House... then people started calling me a puppet and House got all snooty, and that was the end of that. Yes Man is just so irresistibly chipper.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Dush posted:

Right, does anyone know for sure yet who you're meant to have rep with to get the Yes Man path/duster in LR?

I think it's based on who you have progressed the farthest with, quest-wise, the moment you enter Lonesome Road.

I was on House's side when I first entered LR, but ended up leaving, and killing him, everyone important in the NCR, and Caesar. It still gave me mostly NCR dialogue throughout, and at the end I got the Mr. House duster.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I like to kill people and sit on their things.

Is there anyone else whom I could kill so that I can sit on their things? I don't think the NCR president or Oliver tend to sit on things, and most other important people you talk to through screens or they stand around.

Also, any suggestions on how to make my screenshots look a little higher res and how to remove the HUD would be appreciated.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Dead Man Posting posted:

Be sure to check the OP's FAQ. I added a "how to remove HUD" in the "How do I get my image in the OP" section.

Basically the way I do it is make it fully transparent in display settings. Well, before I got HUD mods that automatically hide them when not in use.

Ahhh. Thanks. I shall try that immediately.

I have a date with The King.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

My character doesn't really have a story. He got shot in the head, so he decided to shoot that guy in the head. Then he found a bunch of people wanted to make him do things, so he didn't take that poo poo and killed them.

Vilified with nearly every faction and lovin' it. Yes Man is my only true friend.

(I shall visit Lady Gibson next. I already killed her a while ago for spare parts, but didn't recognize her chair.)

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

First, I stopped at the bar. Can't sit on an empty liver, can I? Of course not.

After drinking some empty glass for a while, I made my way to another seat. After a short fight with an NCR patrol and some dogs, I sat victorious, taking my rightful place in the wasteland hierarchy.

Then, the great khans. I had already killed them long ago because someone wanted me to get to know them. I didn't really want to bother, so I got to know them from about 20 yards away with an assault rifle.

Finally, I stopped at my old pal Benny's for a quick chat and a well-deserved sit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

This is cool, thanks *spits out a hundred wonderglues*

Time to loot so many you can't move once you pick up one more gun, and then forget why the hell you've got so much weight and have to sort through your entire inventory dropping things to make room until you realize you have 100 pounds of wonderglue.