Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
I really disliked Dead Money. They made the first part just overly long and dreary, with long streets that all looked the same with that awful purple/red hue, and the dlc would've been far better if that part was cut down to half the length. The second half was way better.

As for Honest Hearts, it's not bad. I certainly like how it's more open but I'm disappointed with the 1911 and all the .45 ACP weapons as they feel incredibly weak. Maybe it's because I'm level 35ish or whatever.

Haven't played OWB but I'm looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
So I'm looking to buy some .45 ACP and can't find it in the mojave. I have that reloading skill but do not have any .45 casings to make it. What to do?

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

Galewolf posted:

If you finished Honest Hearts almost every vendor sells .45 Auto/+P/HP. Check Gun Runners or the guy at Mc Carran if you didn't exposed him already or sided with him, they should've updated inventory by now. Since the .45 isn't used in Mojave you can't find on enemies sadly.

Edit: According to wiki Great Khans Armourer sells those aswell.

That's weird since I did beat it (I'm wearing joshua graham's armor) but the ammo did not appear at the gun runners and every other vendor. I'd spend 1000 caps to fill up on just that ammo. Oh well...

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

Exploding Poptart posted:

So, I'm a long-time RPG player who loved FO and FO2, thought Morrowind was kind of neat but had a terrible plot, thought Oblivion was a major disappointment of a game with terrible NPCs and a retarded leveling/scaling system, and generally is happy to look past Obsidian's shortcomings and enjoy their games.

I've hesitated on getting FONV because I tried several times to enjoy FO3 and just couldn't get into it. The FO3 levels and NPCs looked artificial, and I felt like I was playing a bad shooter instead of a Fallout game.

I know NV gets great reviews for its plot, but I've just consistently not enjoyed every one of Bethesda's games, mostly because of their game engines. Any suggestions from people who might have felt likewise as to whether I'll be able to enjoy an Obsidian game dressed up in a Bethesda engine?

I also didn't think Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 were that good. I am loving the poo poo out of New Vegas. Better writing and interesting. Guns are much better.

I guess the only thing I don't like is the New Vegas DLC. Sure they're beefy and good in terms of content, but whenever I play I just want to go back to the mojave and poo poo around.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
So I just finished Old World Blues but I have a problem. I finished talking to the think tank and when I leave their area for the sink or for the Big MT, my game crashes. Every single time. Any idea how to solve this?

edit:
figured it out. I was slightly hungry in HC mode.

GoldenNugget fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
I liked Lonesome Road the best out of all the DLC. The gimmicks weren't bad and forced on the player and the story was good. DM had dumb gimmicks, HH had really weak 0.45 ACP but then I was doing it at about level 35ish, OWB had robot scorpions and way too many of them...

Now I'm level 50 and just entered the strip after doing just about everything outside of it. How much do I have left?