Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

That DICK! posted:

It really pisses me off how lackadaisical people are when I tell them I killed Caesar or House. If you tell Hanlon/Joshua Graham/Ulysses about Caesar's death all three of them are literally like "ah, cool" and move on with what they were saying.

and Ulysses is over here accusing me of working with Mr. House and calling me his lapdog, when all i did was power up his robots so i could take them for myself. I murdered him with a golf club no less than 2 minutes later.

Well in Caesar's case, it's pretty much established that you changed nothing because Caesar was smart enough to set up a clear line of succession beforehand. Like, House tells you when you're infiltrating the fort not to hurt Caesar, as doing so wouldn't affect the Legion all that badly. On the other hand, if the Legion wins with Lanius in charge, there a significantly greater amount of slaughter in the Mojave after their take-over. According to his SPECIAL stats on the game's wiki, Lanius is actually the smartest person in The Legion.

I have no justification for Ulysses, though, sad to say. There seemed to have been some issues with him recognizing your faction for me, too.

EDIT: I always killed Caesar anyways, because I keep wanting to hear Boone say "Thumbs down you son of a bitch."

Bedlamdan fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

That DICK! posted:

I actually really hated that part of the ending. You can talk Lanius down, but that really solves nothing, and Lanius is the bigger monster than Caesar is. There's no advantage to letting him escape alive if you can kill him right then and there. It's not like he's somehow going to learn the error of his ways, no matter how high your speech is.

I always let Lanius go simply because while they felt like a worse alternative to the NCR, House, and/or me, from what I could get from my conversations with Raul Arizona is still better off with the Legion than it was before. So I think that sending them back home would be better than destroying the closest thing to civilization for what's left of Arizona.

IIRC, I believe it was hinted in a few places that Lanius would not be able to hold the Legion together on his own, but I'm not entirely certain.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Haeleus posted:

Grr, I did an NCR run last time and now I want either an House or Independent ending, and drat is it tough deciding which is the better option. In the meantime I'm completing the DLCs, exploring, and doing all the side-quests (massacring Caesar with Boon in tow was great) since I keep putting off my choice. I'm driven towards letting Vegas get along without a 200+ year old dictator who may or may not sacrifice individual happiness in the face of realizing his grand vision for the city's prosperity. On the other hand, House has the means to mobilize and lead the city towards some sort of economic and technological growth in an organized manner, which to me seems more practical given the circumstances.

Just give your character INT 10, obviously you'll do a better job. But honestly the Independent ending seems to be less about taking over yourself and more about letting the Mojave do its own thing.