Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'm not supposed to be able to stand up to the nastier deathclaws in the quarry at level 20, am I?

I'm getting one-shot and embarrassed trying to tango with Mother Deathclaw in Gun Runners armor and some explosives. I can't get in close enough for a snipe without attracting her ire either.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Are there any 'don't miss' sidequests or areas I should hit up in an NCR - good karma playthrough? I'm at 100 Lockpicking, Speech and Science, and looking to do as many cool/fun sidequests as possible before moving the main storyline on (this is my first playthrough).

Even though I haven't finished the game yet, I already have a second playthrough character waiting in the wings (cannibal melee legion-friendly brute) waiting to cause havoc with the super sledge, but it seems like most of the companions aren't legion or evil friendly (Boone, Cass, Veronica in particular). Who (if anyone) would be worth recruiting (besides the obvious ED-E who doesn't judge my cannibalistic habits :) ).

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Avocadoes posted:

It's nitpicky but by the time I finished playing, the NPR seemed like huge dicks. Still though, compared to running with Legion, they're alright. But but NPR doesn't play around. Even though its kidna know, it just surprised me in a sense. They were kinda alright to begin with. I think next run, i'll do the lone wolf approach.

^^^^ Kudos to you for showing this thread the glory that is Lily. :allears:

To be honest, i'm really pumped about doing the Legion quests. I did the first part of 'Render Unto Caesar' for shits and giggles, and Caeser is loving Rawls from the Wire. I just HAVE to do quests for that gaping rear end in a top hat.

I've gone far enough into the NCR's quests though where i'm gonna knock off the Legion quests until my next playthrough so I don't risk their good graces, i'm OCD about either going full good or full evil. Though I did murder a lot of NCR folks accidentally with the Helios 1 :(

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Node posted:

That vault was superbly presented. I love how that first holotape presents you with a dialog between four/five people, but the conversation doesn't make sense to you since you don't have any context. Then as you progress through the vault and find out what has been going on, you realize they were the last four/five people alive. At first, reading the computers with candidates saying "Don't vote for me! I have a family." was really odd until you figure out the story. Obsidian did such an awesome job with that one.

I just played through Vault 11 a few days ago, and it was incredible. I went in with no companions, and after piecing the story together expected the ending to be anticlimactic. As I sat in the chair with the slideshow, my guess was that the twist was each overseer/sacrifice was allowed to leave the vault. Instead, i'm fighting for my life against hordes of robots and turrets, and barely survived, thanks to a few well thrown pulse grenades. The final tape is just... wow.

I even enjoyed Vault 34, due to the adrenaline rush of barely making it out before my radiation gauge got completely full, despite making liberal use of Rad-X and RadAway What a fantastic game.

So i've checked off Vault 11, 22 and 34. Any other ones worth checking out?