Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
My brother got pissed off at Dead Money long before he could actually get to the gold. Collar's beeping in a cloud of death and a bear trap you couldn't possibly have known existed given the duress of the situation gets you.

And then a forced stealth section with "go back to the start if caught" enforced by brutal death.

Or so he claimed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

redmercer posted:

Don't :geno: the only weapon capable of making Deathclaws flee in terror

If they run away then I can't cut them down with my Gatling Laser. :black101:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I got rid of all my Med-X to get Idolized by the Followers, and my only complaint with the Stealth Suit is that it is worse with Stimpaks than I am. :v:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Kharmakazy posted:

I say that because it sounded like she was loving that robot.

Mariposa Super Mutants don't have sexual organs. :ssh:

Also Arcade is my favorite companion because he's incredibly dry and sarcastic.

Also anything that means I use fewer stimpaks is a friend.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

quote:

Chief among them is sterility. The test subject would have been unable to reproduce with any creature, whether clean or mutated.

Well I guess I just didn't remember the autopsy report very well!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Stroth posted:

What? Yes they do. The reason you could talk down The Master was because he didn't realize they couldn't reproduce. I'm pretty sure he would have already realized that if they were all Ken dolls.

Yeah I found out I was bad at reading. It's me I'm the dum-dum. :smith:

Incidentally, does Demolition Expert affect .50 MG explosive rounds?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I actually had a big time on my machete-wielding crazy woman and her team of Lily Bowen and Rex. We descended on enemies in a whirlwind of melee chaos where we were all hitting, stabbing, and biting everything and sometimes each other.
(Don't do this on Hardcore)

GO TEAM CLUSTERFUCK.

I was punch buddies with Veronica for a bit. Fisting the Wasteland!

...Wait...

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

OldMemes posted:

I thought the implication with Loxley is that he was putting on the British accent, since it sounds so fake and silly. Apparently Tenpenny came over from Britian when he was younger...somehow. So I guess that there's someway to cross the ocean still? Somehow?

I don't think all boats and knowledge of boats and how to make them and the concept of boats was completely obliterated in atomic fire.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Well since we're talking about currency, wasn't the main currency in Fallout 2 NCR bills? What inspired bringing back caps for New Vegas? Caps felt more Fallout-y? Engine limitations? Thematic of the Mojave's lack of unification? So pre-war buildings could have money as loot? Some combination of the above?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Count Chocula posted:

Why does Ceaser pronounce 'centurion' with a hard c? Is that accurate?

Classical Latin. Caesar and his Legion are big on that.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Count Chocula posted:

How do the NCR and The Legion instantly know I'm working with Mr House after the Boomer quest? The game constantly tells me that I'm the only outsider allowed in Nellis and the only person allowed in the Lucky 38.

You know the Strip is kind of heavily populated and people see you walking in there, right?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

madeupfred posted:

Welp, I did it. Got all the way to level 11 and got 400k caps in gold. Now to crawl to a town to trade all this garbage out. :downs:

I think if you put it on a corpse it would be faster to carry the corpse than deal with being overencumbered.

At least the walking animation is slightly faster.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Raygereio posted:

Laser commander.

This adds a flat 10% critical rate to each hit with a laser weapon. Gatling Lasers hit 30 times a second. Laser Commander turns them into a meat grinder for all but the heaviest-armored enemies, and that's assuming the numerous criticals don't plow through them anyway.

Be sure to get Science high so you can make Max Charge ECPs.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Knuc If U Buck posted:

That bit pissed me off because I had no say in whether they survived or not.

The White Legs who ambush the caravan are indestructible until everyone is dead, and since I'm a hell of a shot with an AMR I noticed.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

CJacobs posted:

Technically you're both Courier Six. He was supposed to be #6 first, and then you were given the job when he gave it up. If he had taken it, he'd be the game's protagonist instead of you, which probably would have been more awesome, but like twice as wordy.

Only if I get his strangely gravelly voice, fetish for symbols, and his difficulty in using articles in sentences.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Falls Down Stairs posted:

At least FNV attaches recommended-level warnings to most of the DLC stuff (did LR have one though? hmmm).

Level 25+, it says. Doesn't stop you from poking in there at level 2 to grab some free stuff.

Did you know that Arc Welders are made of money?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Reveilled posted:

I think Rope Kid once said that part of the design document was that the game had to be possible to complete, even if you had a infinite ammo, always-on flamethrower sticking out of your chest.

Never have I wanted to mod a game so hard before.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Reveilled posted:

Yes, but of the three teddy bear missions, do you think the boomer one is likely to be the one that leaves you thinking "more justice is required"?

But what if you say Mr. Teddy is dead?

I should really set it up so that that's what pushes the Boomers into negative reputation, that telling a little girl her teddy bear died is what pushes the Boomers into unloading a few tons of explosive on a guy.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

OldMemes posted:

Wasn't Vault 15 deliberately overpopulated though?

With a mixed population of different ethnic groups, at that. Three of the groups became Raider tribes, and the 4th became Shady Sands.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Chronojam posted:

I don't think Johnny Five Aces is actually a canon character, you know?

I will angrily mail Bethesda executives nonstop until I die of exhaustion and hunger if Johnny Fiveaces isn't canon.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

OldMemes posted:

apparently the Brotherhood was both wiped out AND took Helios One at the same time.

One Brotherhood scout sits in the empty lobby and claims it as his territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

stratdax posted:

I just bought this game a week ago and I'm not sure I "get" it.

quote:

I'm basically trying to do everything possible in one playthrough.

You don't get it. :v:

While it's not bad to hold off pissing off major factions, eventually you'll have to commit. There are a few mutually exlcusive quests. In fact, you've already done one: Ghost Town Gunfight is the opposite of Run Goodsprings Run, where you help the Powder Gangers take over the town. And by saving the town you've cut yourself off from Powder Gangers quests.

stratdax posted:

As I understand it SPECIAL basically affects your starting points in the skills, right? Aside from obvious stuff like hit points.

Each SPECIAL stat has an effect besides skills. Strength affects carrying and melee damage. Perception determines how close you need to be an NPC for a mark on the compass to appear. Endurance affects HP growth, base radiation/poison resistance, and implants. Charisma gives combat bonuses to companions. Intelligence is a half a skill point each level per INT. Agility gives 3 AP each. Luck is your base % critical rate and determines how well you gamble.

All tagging is is just a 15 point boost to a skill at the start. It's so your key skills start good, else your Guns character with maxed Agility and Luck has only a piddly 25 in Guns.

In Fallout 1 and 2 it also doubled the rate it advanced, and it seems like its current incarnation feels like a holdover at times.