Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

How good is lonesome road? I remember I loved dead money but couldn't even stand to play more than 5 minutes of that lovely Zion National Park one.

It's quite good. So is OWB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

All you bros who've used shotguns in the game: which do you consider best? Riot Shotgun? I've been a 45-70 and 308 man for too long...

Also rope kid why no top tier GRA shotguns????

The riot shotgun is pretty superior stats-wise, but it's just not as cool as the lever action or the sawed-off.

Also Naky has some really great shotguns in TA.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

rope kid posted:

Yeah, the Bozar is not an automatic Anti-Materiel Rifle. It's a scoped LMG. It doesn't do a lot of DAM, but its DPS is high and its accuracy is *~ pretty good ~*. Because it uses 5.56mm, there are a lot of ammo choices, and that gives it a great deal of flexibility.

Plus it looks pretty rad, and that poo poo matters as much as anything.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Boogaleeboo posted:

Lever action with Cowboy and Shotgun Surgeon is pretty choice. You do drat near as much damage as the Riot Shotgun, and you are firing faster.

And of course you look much, much cooler.

This guy knows his poo poo. Also, 20ga ammo is usually quite plentiful compared to 12ga.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

The devices in The Sink are not sentient or AIs, you can find that out in a conversation with the butler program. Mobius apparently deliberately designed them with quirky pre-programmed conversational options.

I'm thinking about modifying my actual toaster with some kind of small speaker and loading a device with sound files from the game sometime when I have a day off work. I'm not telling my girlfriend anything about it.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

SpaceMost posted:

For my next run I think I'll do a high luck character with speech and survival, but I can't decide between energy weapons and melee.

Energy weapons would be more useful but I'm worried about ammo.
Melee weapons would be badass but I'm worried about dealing/receiving damage.

Early on, energy weapon ammo (and repair items) can be a little scarce, but just as with guns it quickly becomes trivial. Vigilant Recycler helps a bunch too.

If you take the right perks, dealing/taking damage on a melee run is a complete non-issue. Crits get entirely overpowered by mid-game. Plus it's great fun.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
If you do an unarmed/melee runthrough, be sure to take the Sneering Imperialist perk, so you can chuckle to yourself as you kill gun/ energy weapon-wielding "savages" in VATS with a beartrap attached to your hand or a sledgehammer or whatever.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Ddraig posted:

The obvious solution for people who use the low-health weapons is to take Raul as he's the best companion next to Boone, and ED-E with his LR upgrades.

Raul also has the best backstory, outfits, and voice actor. Plus he doesn't judge you for making GBS threads up the entire Mojave and eating everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Zorak posted:

Where's the best place to sell my gold?

You don't sell your gold, you put it in a bathtub along with all of your pre-war money.