Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haeleus
Jun 30, 2009

He made one fatal slip when he tried to match the ranger with the big iron on his hip.
If anything pisses me off about F3's ending it is how the narrator slams your character for basically being a worthless piece of poo poo unless you sacrifice yourself. Have a super mutant buddy who can do the task at no risk to himself? Well too bad, either kill yourself or gently caress you for not following "the father's selfless example". :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haeleus
Jun 30, 2009

He made one fatal slip when he tried to match the ranger with the big iron on his hip.
So I started a new playthrough with the Monsters Mod, and holy hell how are you supposed to stand against some of these new creeps if you're low level? Right after leaving Goodsprings I went to "rescue the guy's daughter/mom/whatever" in the hills by the water well and some kind of giant gecko attacked me. I emptied my entire clip only to scrape off like 3 bars of health.

Maybe I'll enable it again when I'm better equipped.

Haeleus
Jun 30, 2009

I'm starting a new playthrough, and I'm hovering over the Wild Wasteland trait. Do any of the "encounters" change your game in any significant way or are you just provided with amusing distractions here and there?

Either way I'm psyched, just installed PN, AWOP, WME, texture packs, and a bunch of other mods.

Haeleus
Jun 30, 2009

Does karma in NV have any effects a la FO3, such as with endings or companion interaction? I've always played as a good guy but perhaps this time I'll descend into pickpocketing and such.

Haeleus
Jun 30, 2009

I installed AWOP and all I've been doing is exploring the new areas. I didn't expect to spend hours upon hours in a sprawling network of underground sections that went on and on. Exploration was fun but I get the feeling that the drops from mobs are too bountiful. I just got to Novak along the main quest and I'm already breaking 150,000 caps and level 30.

Also, which mod contains all the regular weapons but with the "M" suffix? Not sure after installing so many mods this time around, but drat do they inflate my income from vendoring.

Haeleus
Jun 30, 2009

Two questions about OWB/DM. Since the think tank should have names referencing infinite loops, does Dala's name signify anything to that regard? Also, can someone explain the cause of the ghost people in DM? I know it's tied to Big MT but I missed the specifics.

Haeleus
Jun 30, 2009

Grr, I did an NCR run last time and now I want either an House or Independent ending, and drat is it tough deciding which is the better option. In the meantime I'm completing the DLCs, exploring, and doing all the side-quests (massacring Caesar with Boon in tow was great) since I keep putting off my choice. I'm driven towards letting Vegas get along without a 200+ year old dictator who may or may not sacrifice individual happiness in the face of realizing his grand vision for the city's prosperity. On the other hand, House has the means to mobilize and lead the city towards some sort of economic and technological growth in an organized manner, which to me seems more practical given the circumstances.

Haeleus
Jun 30, 2009

Looks like TTW is working good so far, but is there a way to reveal all the map points in the capital wasteland given that I have the perk for the mojave?

Haeleus
Jun 30, 2009

First time starting a game with jsawyer, is it recommended to play on hardest or is normal a good enough challenge? Also running Project Nevada at default setup.

Haeleus
Jun 30, 2009

I'm surprised A World of Pain added so many locations, I had a blast spending the last few hours exploring the massive network of caves and underground bases (though some of the encounters took me a few quick saves to get through without getting eviscerated). Do any of you recommend similar mods that add new locations to explore (already know about Project Brazil, going to install it later)?

Haeleus
Jun 30, 2009

I think jsawyer is decent enough at upping the challenge without the pesky aspects of hardcore like thirst and no insta-travel, just a word of warning about running with AWOP (atleast I think it's this mod): you can find several "4D storage devices" in several of the new locations which stupidly add like 100 pounds to your weight limit, and they stack. Combined with a backpack my last character was pushing a weight limit of 635.

Guess its a hoarder's wet dream but it breaks having to decide on what weapons/armor you can carry.

Haeleus
Jun 30, 2009

I'm afraid I messed up my save file...I had the Character Overhaul mod (the one with the hideous faces) installed and chose one of the custom races that came with the mod. However, after I uninstalled the mod my character is now stuck without a "race" (third person shows an invisible body with only clothing visible). The problem is that unless I enter console commands every time I load my game (PRID 1 and SetNPCHeight 1) I cannot play, and using any of the ingame console commands to go back to edit my appearance causes an immediate crash as the game doesn't recognize my race.

In short, is there a way to edit my race in another way (e.g. a file/save editor)? I've already put in 50 hours into this character and really don't want to start over unless absolute necessary. I should not I unfortunately do not have a save file just before the moment I uninstalled the mod.

Thank you kindly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haeleus
Jun 30, 2009

Klungar posted:

Any reason you can't just reinstall the mod?

That was the first thing I tried but it didn't change the issue, I think once I lost my race the first time my character is now stuck without one regardless if the original options come back..