Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Clutter in lived in areas isn't that bad yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

To me that falls in the 'man the strip currently blows' which is fixed by mods. Still kind of sucks though, at least in the context of the strip.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I was going to post that Equal Rites fantasy racism quote but double nine beat me to it.

I do love how ropekid shrugs off the questions if events in the Fallout universe were inspired by *hilariously detailed to the point event* in our world and he justs shrugs it off with a chuckle. I do hope some of the designers of Fallout 4 read that blog.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh hey, It's the Atomic Wrangler greeter in that picture!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

rydiafan posted:

After the success of Skyrim Remastered I know Bethesda is planning to do another remastering. If they do New Vegas I'll never play anything else again.

You know, the thought about this never crossed my mine. If they and Obidian are working on a remaster of NV I'd be a very very happy man too.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Thinking about a high resolution better animated version of the New Vegas armoury is making me giddy, need to lie down.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah, Vault 11 is my favourite too. Discovering the holotape amongst the skeletons and slowly but surely working your way through that mess and finding out what happened was great.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Honestly you should have just set up A Tale Of Two Wastelands as even with mods Fallout 3 will still fall flat to you.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It's not as bad as some goon makes it sound. You will find some oddities but most of the minor stuff is fixed with mods anyway.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Roobanguy posted:

ttw is more stable than base fallout 3 for reasons unknown to man, so if you have both games and want to play fo3 you should use it.

I actually stumbled on and gave A Tale Of Two Wastelands a go back when I was with Windows 7 because apparently getting Fallout 3 GOTY edition on STEAM to actually work with that OS is frankly impossible. Not sure if they fixed it these days. If I ever just want to spend around 100 hours tooling around on the older Fallout games I'll install both and roll with that mod.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I had fun doing unarmed AND melee at the same time.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I think Josh up there pretty much is the ultimate reply to any weird Fallout produced thing from now on.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I leave him alive.

So Boone can headshot him in my customary 'storm the Legion fort' at my usual about to end game excercise.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

AfricanBootyShine posted:

rape camps and slavery

i still have to unlock all the legion achievements but when i see the slaves and realise i'm allying myself with rapey slave owners i just murder everyone

Yeah they are bit too evil, even if they are only a few shades of grey deeper than the other factions. Basically rocking with the Legion, doing some of the GRA star challenges and the Caravan cheevs are the only ones I haven't unlocked.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We remember Zion indeed.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Any of you actually played it yet. Waiting for feedback still :(.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well gently caress.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I am pretty let down that despite all those years in production they apparently couldn't be bothered to do a rewrite then.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah it's sadly funny goon LP bait for me at this point.

I really hope the Frontier won't be as bad. It's set the bar for something.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Randarkman posted:

Ball-lover Richie Marcus, I assume.

It's got to be in block capitals and end in exclamation points to capture the true booming passive aggression of that brain in a jar.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So if a goon does LP this, can they please reduce this vault to radioactive ashes?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

They've had closed feedback for at least half a decade. That is what is a wee bit disconcerting.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Man, Al seems mostly just kinda depressed during his playthrough.

I mean I'm depressed too because if the Frontier flops it's going to be a looooong time for something new, no matter how good the F4 New Vegas mod will be.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

A Sometimes Food posted:

There any bad signs for Cascadia pr whatever that FO4 Pacific NW nod was.

Not heard from them since the Summer.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh my god yes. Yes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well, this sucks.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Allegedly the dudes who do Forza are making the next Fable game.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I mean they just need to keep the best of those games and whack it in the open world and that pretty much is that. The first three Fable games are weird silly comfort food to me.

Also refrain from hiring a bucket load of celebrities for voice acting.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

2house2fly posted:

I loved the guy's final line though. "Thanks for the help. Time to die loser." And then you chop him to pieces with a fire axe

I shot him his stupid face with my Survivalist rifle the other day. Still, way better than a lot of the Fallout 3 stuff. Almost done with my second (and last) Two Wastelands play through because goddamn F3 stuff has aged terribly/loving BULLET SPONGES.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I mean it is pretty neat (and hilarious) you can tilt the narrative to one really over the top case of Mistaken Identity. When I go that way the Courier murdered by the escaped NCR convicts at Prim was that guy.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Still better than most characters you'll encounter in Fallout 3. Goddamn.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

"So yeah like we're like totally vampires."

"HEY I AM FROM A GOOD FALLOUT GAME BOY HOWDY! REFERENCES! KILL ME HAHA"

"Welp, you own my contract now time to murder everything!"

"I CAN'T DO THAT, IT IS YOUR DESTINY!"

"gently caress the president but I am still going to murder you because I don't like you!"

Man, Fallout 3 is really not worth going back for anything more than murdering and eating the whole cast these days.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I miss fighting those scrubs, with FNV's weapons you could at least experiment but sadly thanks to Broken Steel you get to meet three bullet spongy NPC's constantly that suck the fun out the room.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Balance is still arse in the F3 side of things. They refuse to do anything to tone down bullet spongers but took the time to ensure the Hunting Rifles in both games are both different. They claim it can be solved by using the hardier ammo which is sold in small handfuls through the capital wasteland.

And half the mods that add some visual variety to the F3 side are still broken too.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Get CASM, the stutter remover and the anti-crash one before you start with the mods seriously for the love of god.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

That OP hasn't been updated in a while though.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh yeah, I don't use CASM I use another mod like it instead.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh and another issue with the current ATTW build is that the new station they set up in the capital ruins for some reason always has constantly spawning muties. That scale to your level. And a scripted enclave vertibird team also scaling to your level. That spawn in both the exterior and interior station lobby.

Enjoy fighting those guys going back and forth between games. Every. loving. Time.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I find it hilarious how generic East Coast Brotherhood actually is, down to most of them having the same voice actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I love the quest with the bitter NCR guy and the dude scamming broke folks.

The Coyotes though, :gonk: