Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

Pope Guilty posted:

I played Fallout 3 again and was, after New Vegas, absolutely shocked at how stupidly cheap (as in, like 35 caps) Fallout 3's stimpacks are.

What really gets me is thinking about the vending machines in Dead Money. Sinclair was building a wonderful place to live, and yet the primary currency is something you have to carry around in enormous sacks and insert, one at a time, into the slot. Imagine people standing around in DM's plazas, lined up, waiting in turn to use the vending machines, Santa Claus-style sacks bulging with chips.

Pretty sure there would have been denominations rather than just single chips but that gets hard to program, just look at how useless legion coins and NCR cash are overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

OldMemes posted:

If you open his pod and tell him you're siding with Ceasar, he becomes horrified by the idea of slavery coming to Vegas.

If anything, his aims are similar to the Kings - personal freedom, heavily influenced by the style of the old world Vegas, but House has the know how, resources and power to actually fix the area.

And he programmed Mr. New Vegas, so he's a pretty chill guy, I guess.

Yeah slavery would be horrible. New Vegas sure is a Mecca of equality and fairness.

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

D34THROW posted:

I think that's it. Mostly gender only comes into play with the Legion if I remember correctly. I haven't run across anything other than the Arena where being a man or woman matters.

What DOES matter is the...sexuality perks, I guess you'd call 'em. Those provide access to unique dialogue choices and ways to finish quests.

Yeah every playthrough I've done has been with a Confirmed Bachelor character and Arcade at his side :swoon:

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

mesokilo posted:

Is the achievement progress counted across different playthroughs? Like if I win 10 caravan games with one character and 20 with another, do I get the Caravan Master?

No.

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

Yechezkel posted:

All Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas items are on sale again on Steam. This time it will last until 10pm PDT Friday.

Fallout New Vegas $4.99, Ultimate Edition $9.99
GRA $0.99, Courier's Stash $0.49
all other DLC $2.49 each

Fallout 3 $4.99, GOTY edition $4.99
all FO3 DLC $1.24 each

gently caress I JUST PAYED TWICE THAT

edit: enjoy it rope kid you robber-baron

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

Eiba posted:

Huh. That's really far away. So... how did it block NCR reinforcements in the first Battle of Hover Dam, like Joshua Graham claimed?

It's a video game

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

So years after last playing New Vegas, I have a gaming PC that should be able to run it like it's nothing. Have to figure out all my old mod orders though, the list did not survive jumping from my old laptop.

Gonna have my 5900/3080 next week... time to reinstall new vegas babey

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit
Yeah fo4 did a kind of cool thing with the terminals, but that's bethesda's handicap, using terminals to convey story 5 percent of the time and having terminals be blank or unlock safe 95 percent of the time.

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit
Fallout 76 is a midwest fallout game

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'll come out with a grand and entirely impractical vision, constantly push to expand the scope without doing any kind of revision or review, get extremely angry every time someone offers even minor feedback, and then quit in a huff leaving everyone else to deal with my half-implemented garbage

radium is that you

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

TheLoneStar posted:

I think Liberty Prime is the height of what technology should have been for the Fallout world. Clones, Synths, teleportation...it just doesn't feel right.

This is a good point. Fallout is almost steampunk in it's sci-fi. Big hunking mechanical machines powered by fusion reactors and extremely bad computers. The robots are far more mechanically advanced than the ai, with some exceptions.
The institute's science is too smooth to fit the overall setting.

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

Gaius Marius posted:

The institute is good because it's so different. It's alien to the wider wasteland, they're a bunch of geniuses stuck in a hole for two centuries, they should have their own unique technology and aesthetic, you can criticize a hell of a lot about the institute and F4 but at least it was trying something different with them. Would you have rather just had the brotherhood, super mutants, and enclave again.

Fallout needs new ideas, and the institute was at least an attempt.

This is taking the institute as a given. The entire concept doesn't fit in with the fallout aesthetic.

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

Lt. Danger posted:

Fallout doesn't have an aesthetic, it's half 50s pulp scifi half 80s Mad Max apocalyptica

is this a joke?

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit

MariusLecter posted:

Getting Harlan out alive and the Nightkin to leave is a bit tricky when Harlan just runs up through the hallway where one of the nightkin patrols.

never leave harlan alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit
Just set them essential in the console yourself manually?