Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

2house2fly posted:

"this place sucks and I really want to leave"

This was all I got out of Dead Money, I didn't find it very fun or interesting. I finished it once and on every subsequent playthrough just skipped it. Killing and then stabbing the ghosts so they wouldn't get back up every time got really old really fast and the beeping collar was just annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Hra Mormo posted:

Fallout 3 by comparison always felt stable, wholesome, polished and open.

Did you play it on release? It had a nasty habit of crashing on most cell transitions for me, it got so bad I wouldn't even look at a door without quicksaving.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

XyrlocShammypants posted:

The 4k poster, so determine for yourself how it looks: http://content.bethsoft.com/bsw_cms_asset/46910_2_0.jpg

Looks like a bunch of Fallout 3/New Vegas assets around a new lift and modified power armor model.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

chitoryu12 posted:

Which would kill literally everyone in the wasteland except for members of the Enclave and the residents of Vault 101.

So yes, the villain's plot was to give the wasteland clean water. In the same sense that Hitler really wanted to give Jews a shower.

So, Fallout 2's villainous plot all over again, got it.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

chitoryu12 posted:

Just keep in mind that Fallout 1 and 2 are old RPGs. You get very little in the way of direction and combat can be absolutely brutal even after you manage to parse the controls.

Parse the controls? I don't understand how point and click is a thing you have to manage.

Also, I just realized that I played both of these games in middle and high school, and am actually an old man.

:corsair:

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Absent some kind of Skyrim-esque special edition nonsense, I don't see them porting gamebryo to a modern console.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

chitoryu12 posted:

They’re large enough to hire decent writers?

Writing isn't the whole of Bethesda's problems, they also suck at design and integrating their writing into their design. But they also lack the foresight to realize that both are already bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

I remember I found out about fallout when Interplay sent me a promo vhs tape because I had mailed in a warranty card from the Descent manual.

It was still a gurps game back then.