Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Giggily posted:

How the gently caress did he know that I was picking up those star bottle caps?

:tinfoil:

Haha, that guy broke my immersion so hard when I first met him.

I just arrived in Nipton, murder and desolation everywhere, I barely finished speaking with the Legion guy when that old guy comes to me and tells me about his bottle caps.

"Man, you're standing in the middle of destroyed town, the legion is still here and they murdered everybody,surely those bottle caps can't be that important."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kharmakazy posted:

I have no idea who cannibal johnson is.

He's one of the Enclave Remnant.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

razamataza posted:

https://fallout.bethsoft.com/ announcement in 2 hours 22mins

Please Stand By?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Blockhouse posted:

with all the crazy city stuff and the fact that the logo looks way less like a rusted piece of poo poo than 3/NV I wonder if part of the theme of the game is going to be the world actually getting its poo poo back together

Looks to me this is a prequel, why'd they have all those flashback scenes otherwise?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

closeted republican posted:

I think that's more of a gaming forum thing. Most people that don't post on gaming forums love the poo poo out of Bethesda games and will be creaming their pants whenever new info is released about them instead of :goonsay:ing how the gameplay is horrific, how Bethesda has completely ruined the lore for Fallout/Elder Scrolls, and comparing the newest game to extremely rose-tinted memories of playing Morrowind or Fallout 1 as a kid or teenager.

One fatal flaw in your argument: New Vegas.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Yeah, never went to Boulder City before I finished the game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I wish they'd rename it, they bought the brand and now fallout apparently means "wacky post nuclear sandbox woohoo" to most people.

I laughed when they talk about reconstructing the wastes and turned that into some sort of Animal Crossing mode.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pope Guilty posted:

I've got a friend who got married to a woman and had a couple of kids and several years later came out of the closet and got divorced. Apparently he's not real? I dunno.

Just saying but that's a lot of contrived backstory that could be avoided by not forcing a marriage and child on the character.

without even mentionning gay people, making my character be married and have children by default is a huge thing that I don't necessarilly want for all my characters.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

King Vidiot posted:

For me it's more the whole "I had a spouse and baby, but now they're both dead along with everybody I know but oh well it's a gigantic post-nuclear playground! Wheeee!" thing. The spouse and baby will probably barely be an afterthought once the game begins, it's just there for flavor and cheap unearned emotional connection.

It's kind of like the Mass effect 3 starchild.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Timeless Appeal posted:

There is cut content that you can restore with a mod that ends with you having a final showdown with Victor if you killed/disconnected House

Speaking of which, I wonder if House will be brought up at all. He went to the Institute and founded RobCo. Considering the AI focus, I'd be bummed if we didn't get a name drop or at least some audio logs.

They didn't even acknowledge New Vegas in their conference, Howard said they started working on this right after Fallout 3 was released. I wouldn't expect anything related to New Vegas.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

sout posted:

"Yes it's true. I was the evil one all along. And now that you know that I'm going to have to kill you."

e: also Kurtofan does anybody besides us still have this av?

Yeah, I think, a couple here and there. Not sure about the usernames though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Effectronica posted:

Don't take the wind out of his sails by pointing out killing you will kill him too in your first conversation (Barter check) and you'll be fine. Resonates really well with his backstory.

Really, why would anyone put point in Barter anyway.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mierenneuker posted:

The quote that repeatedly came to mind when playing Lonesome Road and hearing Ulysses talk was this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhOUyy4wbs

"For you... the day that the Courier graced your Divide was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

Nitpicking but it's grazed.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

CaptainCaveman posted:

No, it isn't.

I mixed up grazed and razed :downs:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I doing a new playthrough and I'm going for a bit of an rear end in a top hat run. I want Manny Vargas to take the fall for Boone's initial quest, can I still take boone as a companion even if I don't offer evidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
shouldn't it be newer orleans.