Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

gohuskies posted:

Play Far Cry 2 before you go around thinking this is a good idea. It can be a massive pain in the rear end.

Ideally they wouldn't be checkpoints that refill with goons as soon as you turn your back, more like random encounters. Or, like the roads in New Vegas, there would be actual traffic on them that you could run into and interact with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

And a Wild Wasteland random encounter with a cloud of dust speeding by you, leaving behind nothing but a faint, dopplered "Meep-meep!".

Oh god that would be the best :allears:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

eating only apples posted:

I just had that automatic "ooh!" reaction to seeing a pile of sweet loot. :ughh:

I groaned, thinking of how many times I'd have to hit E to pick them all up.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

TheJukku posted:

Pretty sure you can find and wear the same stupid goggles.

Right, by murdering him and his gang in Nipton and taking their poo poo.