Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

trailer should be footage of the player stealing an apple, a whole town freaking out and trying to kill him for this heinous deed, and then failing once he gets stuck in a fence or glitches on a rock or some poo poo

FALLOUT 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

all my enthusiasm will evaporate if this is really crossgen. games looked ugly as poo poo and ran like it too on the old hardware, being confined to Skyrim PS3 era tangents again will be terrible.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FillInTheBlank posted:

We are going to Boston.

http://www.fallout4.com is up early.

site down for now, too slow.

kotaku did get pix of the boxart and CURRENT GEN ONLY CONFIRMED.
That Boston pic looks too sweet, though. Neo-noir Fallout in Boston!? PLEASE

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Cant wait to explore irradiated Fenway Park.

holy poo poo I really hope they turn Fenway into some superfortress.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Serperoth posted:

:agreed:
The dog looks photoshopped in, and the wood texture feels low-res. The entire thing, also kinda looks blurry, but it might just be me, my main issue is the dog, which looks terrible in both pictures.

did I just step into loving neogaf because lol at this much weeping over a single leaked low-res screenshot

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nothing on earth could ever look at bad as fallout 3 did ever again so it's all uphill from here, even if it's brown poopnoob garbageland it will be a huge step up going from Junkworld for X360 > Junkworld PS4

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

sout posted:

Is Fenway an especially impressive stadium or something? Or just conveniently close to MIT?

yes it has the largest wall in beisbol called Green Monster and is a haven for nuclear waste, both before and after the apocalypse

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

p. much what I expected, still looks like dollhouse poo poo which is lol but I'm guessing the interesting bits will be for their hourlong presentation in a week or so

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

what I expected, this and doom "4"

Michaellaneous posted:

Guys can you remember when games looked better than this 8 years ago?

gently caress off already

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Michaellaneous posted:

You are mad because I am right. Go on.

you are a mewling retard

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

individual865 posted:

Fenway is in, fortified, at 1:50, btw.

this is all that matters

david ortiz supermutant

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

sassassin posted:

That trailer does not make me want to purchase a videogame.

it shouldn't tho because it's just a thing to show off dog physics and confirm yes you are correct, this is Boston and we have learned not to put shitfilters on everything.

I'm still amused that people look like clay but I suppose this is now "an aesthetic." I did notice they avoided showing what faces looked like at every step, bad sign unless the game is like mid 2016 or something. they have a fuckload to live up to after Witcher 3 pushed many noses to the dirt with how great the open world is

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I said come in! posted:

The reaction elsewhere on the internet has been overwhelmingly positive.

I have to admit the Kotaku headline "the fallout 4 trailer is excellent" made me laugh though. I mean they deliberately avoided showing the face of any character which was troubling as gently caress so I'm cautious

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

To be honest I expected them to still be using that ridiculous engine. While it's fair to criticize that, my only real personal disappointment is that the art direction could be better.

You can make relatively basic models and textures look great on a character or object with a bold, expressive design. I don't expect the game to be as stylized as Dishonored, but as it is it's a little plain so graphical shortcomings and quirks really stand out. That said, the use of color is nice and the environments definitely look dense.

thanks for reminding me we could have gotten dishonored 2 instead

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Megazver posted:

Different studio. It did well, actually. The odds are good they're working on a sequel.

Isn't that still Bethesda owned? I thought someone saw a picture of it for the Bethesda invite portrait. It's Arkane, granted, but still.

I'm gonna be curious how the other Bethesda poo poo scales up to this. I know Doom is gonna get shown too but again that's got id software on it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

reagan posted:

The XCOM2 trailer was generic bullshit, there was nothing great about it.

people bringing up xcom2 as this glorious trailer is hilarious revisionism and it ain't even a week old yet, im sure xcom2 will be grand but lol that trailer did not show you loving poo poo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Russian Fallout already exists it's called living in Russia

or like, idk, Metro

which has been around for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Yaos posted:

Everybody in this picture has the same skeleton; men, women, and children. It will be weird to see little kids walking with the same gait as elderly women.

lol im laughing thinking of how every character had the same running animation from FO3, just sprinting everywhere