Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

Whatever they do in the next Fallout I honestly hope a different engine is used and if not for the love of God get rid of all of the invisible walls. Fallout 3 didn't have that problem but it's loving ridiculous how many invisible walls there are in New Vegas.

I'm pretty sure the next Fallout game (hopefully developed by Obsidian) will use the Skyrim engine. If so, we could be seeing some very pretty wastelands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

AMR (or the modded-in .50 weapon of your choice) with explosive rounds, while in sneak mode. Don't even bother with VATS, their heads are big enough that you can blow them up from a mile away.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

If you let him make it to the Fort you get to machete-fight him in the arena, that's good enough reason for me.

I crucify the bastard. Every single time. Let's see how you like being left to die slowly and painfully, you snake. :smug:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Xik posted:

Price:

Xbox 360 & PS3: $49.99
PC: $39.99

BETHESDA.

The entire thing for less than half what I initially paid+DLC? Just... :argh:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 7, 2011

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Don't forget the dumb guy you can kill by fake-shooting him with your fingers, if you have a low INT character.

Playing Fallout 2 with low INT was awesome. :downs:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

So I just combined Greased Lightning with all the melee perks, slayer included, as well as the modkits from WMX that boost its attack speed and damage.

Holy poo poo. I literally punch as fast as I can click the mouse. It's so hilariously broken. :black101:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Sam. posted:

On the other hand, New Vegas doesn't have the Railway Rifle.

Fixed that for you.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

2house2fly posted:

Is there an instrumental of the music from the intro available anywhere? Looking at just the titles on the official soundtrack it seems like it's not on there.
Do you mean the main theme? If so, it's in the Data/Sound folder in the game directory. If you mean the song in the intro cutscene, A: It's licensed, and B: it's baked into the video file for the cutscene. I think the song itself (with lyrics) is in the game files though.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 9, 2013

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

New Let's Play idea spotted. :unsmigghh:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Stiggs posted:

Bought all the DLC for this at 99p each during the steam sale so I'm playing through it again. Forgot how much drat fun this game is!

Is there a decent place to find a scoped rifle early in the game? I fancy being a sneaky jerk and this Cowboy Repeater isn't quite cutting it.
If your Lockpick is high enough you can get the Gobi Campaign Sniper Rifle from a sniper nest near Cottonwood Cove. Not silenced by default, but if you use WMX you can attach one to it.

Just make sure you give Searchlight a wide berth, those ghouls are nasty.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 25, 2013

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Dodecalypse posted:

I doubt he'd be able to get that since the footlocker it's in needs 100 lockpicking to open. Plus I think by the time most people level up lockpicking that high, the Gun Runners are selling an Anti Material Rifle which is better in every way.
You mean some people don't min-max like crazy after beating the game ten twenty fifty times? :psyduck:

Joking aside, Ratslayer or a hunting rifle are your best bets, yeah. If you hoard caps like a madman you can even get Paciencia in Novac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Stroth posted:

Well, from a Miami perspective, I don't want it in my hometown. After Point Lookout I shudder to think what they'd do with the Everglades.

Isn't most of the wildlife in the Everglades giant murder-reptiles now?

Radigators. :gonk: