Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Octavian posted:

Fallout: Kansas

Far too flat. Gonna be Fallout: Maine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Actually, Bethesda did hint at a Fallout-ized Toronto in the Pitt, so that may be a more likely setting for 4 than you think.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Naky posted:

Annexed is not the same as 'wiped the gently caress out'. They would have zero reason to raze the resources and taking over a country doesn't relocate all of its cities so... question still stands.

But China still nuked the entire U.S. Commonwealth, which included Canada due to the annexation. Besides, if Bethesda did set 4 in Canada, it'd most likely be in Ronto.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yes, because there were never any kind of distinguished and unique towns based on pre-war cities in the first two games. Also, New Reno doesn't exist, and certainly wasn't a place you could go in 2.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ze Pollack posted:

The Knights who say Ni make an appearance and give you the Holy Frag Grenade of Antioch.

Oh and don't forget a time portal that makes you go back and break the Vault 13 water chip, thus starting the events of 1.

Or the bridgekeeper that makes you answer his questions, and if you try to attack him he kills you with exploding cows.

Or the *insert silly random encounter here*

Basically what I am saying is that guy has never actually played Fallout 2.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

Redding, Modoc and Klamath are all modern towns as well.

I was mentioning New Reno more as an example of "goofy, silly city full of stereotypes" but that works too.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gohuskies posted:

I always thought Gobi Campaign Sniper Rifle was my favorite of the sniper rifles. What did the others have that Gobi was missing?

An optional silencer, mostly. Unless you are running a mod that lets you silence the Gobi, in that case it's probably because the Gobi is a bit of a pain to get.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rope kid posted:

There are people who still think that EWs suck compared to Guns. :psyduck:

Either they haven't patched the game since release or they're way too impatient to wait for the higher level stuff. Hell, mid-level even. The RCW alone makes the Energy Weapon group worthwhile.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Niggard of Oz posted:

Oh sorry, I forgot not everyone can read minds over the internet. I can't zoom it out and have it stay there. If I hold down the button and zoom it out far enough to say, see my character's rear end, when I let go of the button it snaps back up close to my character model, denying me all that buttocky goodness.

Yeah, but if I had played this game before skyrim, like I had intended to, instead of being a cheap bastard who waited for the Ultimate Edition to get released (then waited an aditional month for it to drop $10), I wouldn't have had to trade-off anything. Because I'm pretty sure this looks just as good as F03 did, but after 100+ hours of dumb-but-gorgeous skyrim, this is pretty jarring.

vvvvvvv

I played F03's outdoor areas solely in 3rd person, zoomed out so I could see my character's feet, and I'm talking guns and no vats. Is there a reason that NV doesn't allow this? Something technical?

That's actually what's supposed to happen with the 3rd person camera. Or at least originally. I'm not sure if they patched it out or something, because it stopped happening for me after a while.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Niggard of Oz posted:

So far everywhere I've been has been a ghost town. This is something they added in a patch?

Primm is like the second town you're directed to. :psyduck:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Merry Magpie posted:

VVV Why are the Regulators in Washington?

Despite sharing a name, the Regulators in Fallout 1 and 3 are completely different organizations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tycho was basically a reference to Wasteland. He was a Desert Ranger out in Vegas before moving to Junktown.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AND ANOTHER THING, radiation doesn't really turn people into zombies, you can't hack computers by playing Mastermind, and the vaults would be way too cost-inefficient to run!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fintilgin posted:

Why do you hate America, ropekid? :smith:

Also, I am certainly am not foolish enough to think that bottle caps don't exist.Orange Crush and Pepsi cola caps are two of my favs.But your comparing a rusty bottle cap to a paper currency.Why are bottle caps so relevant and front 'n center.It seems unnecessary to me

For fucks sake, why do you care so much? Ropekid has explained it several times in this thread. Also, use your spacebar after full-stops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

Yeah, I really don't understand why people bother arguing about who'd gently caress things up worse between House, NCR and the Legion when they can just take over themselves and not gently caress everything up.

Because then the endings imply not everything is absolutely perfect under my clearly flawless leadership! Also a robot says some things that could be interpreted as bad (despite the project lead clearly pointing out that is not the case).