Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Because I have the biggest gun and the goofiest hat and I'll shoot lasers at anyone who thinks that doesn't make me king of the shitpile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Energy pods or whatever aren't super rare if you know where to look. Honestly FO4's power armour system was one of the things I feel it did really right. Once you stepped into power armour, you became a straight up poo poo wrecker and you feel like it too.

Honestly the power armour system and the weapon/armour/everything mod crafting keep making me want to give FO4 another shot, but then I remember the rest of the game and just ughh. :( I feel like even just making it so you can dump your scavenged crap into the settlement storage and it would autodismantle everything rather than using one part of an object and vapourizing the rest would immediately make the game so much more playable. Unless they fixed that without me hearing about it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm torn between the Industrial Hand basically being the gauntlet from Quake 3, and Fist of the North Rawr for having the best name :ohdear:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I liked Ulysses up until the ending because I legit thought he'd been preaching and lecturing the wrong guy, and I was a different courier than the one he was thinking of

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I... vaguely remember Caesar talking about how the cruelty and brute force was a necessary evil in his mind, and his plan was to crush the wastelands with force, and then slowly abolish slavery and all the other lovely stuff and guide the legion into a civilized world. I've also been awake for nearly 24 hours so I could be mistaking Caesar for literally anyone right now

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Dead Money was a lot of interesting ideas that just crash together into the least fun thing ever. The neck bomb could have been clever if you didn't also have to avoid the death clouds, which could have been fun if you weren't also dodging zombies, which could have been fun if you weren't, again, avoiding invisible neck bomb areas.

Don't even get me started on the drat all seeing holo-guards. :mad: And then when it's finally over you get to live with the notifications telling you about every single item being added back into your inventory again for ten minutes. I usually noclip out of there with the gold purely out of spite. I EARNED this :argh:

Old World Blues was good enough for me to make up for it at least. God drat I love OWB

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
...I don't remember a vending machine :saddowns:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Seriously though what vending machine

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

"finished" yes, "good" nope, but that's an argument for the TES thread

hopefully fo4 in nv has higher standards

I mean it's sorta realistic since if I were the arbiter of a coming age of pestilence, immortal through the stolen heart of a dead god and about to wreck poo poo with a big rear end fantasy Metal Gear, you better believe I'd be swinging dong too.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I miss Levitation :smith: one of my most memorable moments of Morrowind was going into a Telvanni tower as a big dumb axe swinger, realizing they never bothered to build stairs because they all know levitation, and immediately I knew everything I needed to know about the Tevanni without a word being said.

Smug pricks :mad:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The only good form of government is me with a gently caress ton of killbots

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I learned today that you can beat the game without ever confronting Benny or even going inside the Tops. It blew my mind.

Popping Benny in the face is usually my second stop after getting my player home from House, so I've legitimately never even considered that

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's really disappointing that they didn't at least make an FO3-style post-game DLC, but I guess all the endings are wildly different enough that it'd be a massive pain to make :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

chitoryu12 posted:

Why the gently caress did I not know Veronica can get a perk after beating Dead Money and that you can tell her Elijah is dead?

Wait you can? I remember it being a big annoyance that there was no way to tell Veronica about Elijah or Christine. Did they add that later or did I just miss it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The line after the big huge introduction dump where Klein says something like "okay, now that introductions are over, we can all move again!" Referencing how everyone freezes during conversations kills me too

God drat old world blues is the best