Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Man, they make it difficult to be evil in this game. I started up a new game intending to side with the Legion, but all of the good experience comes from NCR quests before you get anywhere near Caesar. So the only really evil deed I pulled was helping to wipe out Goodsprings (which incidentally, is a dumb thing to do on Hardcore since there goes the only doctor for miles). Eventually, I did get strong enough to start pulling stuff like wiping out Forlorn Hope, but my Karma still reads that I'm a drat hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also, Tabitha is awesome and I'm sad that every time I make it up Blackrock, I find some way to irrevocably piss her off. This latest time, it was opening Raul's door before talking to her. Whoops.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I've been at Wild Card standing with NCR, which resulted in the guards outside of Camp McCarran trying to kill me (I killed them), and then the guards inside the gates (I reloaded). Putting on an NCR disguise made them leave me alone until I could get into the building proper, at which point everyone left me alone even when I removed it.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, I installed that mod, picked up one of my old saves, and whoops, I had to drop everything I was carrying right in front of House. Which sucks, since you can't bring companions into that room to dump poo poo on.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I swear one of these days I'll actually get the endings where Caesar wins, but man, that guy's such a shithead that if I'm already that far along an evil route, I'd rather just kill him and let Lanius reign in anarchy. "Yeah, I don't even really believe half of what I'm spouting, but the peons like it. I'm really interested in some bastardized version of Hegelian dialectics. Also, keep mentioning Josh Graham and I'll throw a fit. Guards!"

Plus, he looks like an aging Tito Ortiz.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Jet was invented by Myron in Fallout 2, but then he got himself killed and no one remembers, because gently caress Myron.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They all have the same design problem of DC in Fallout 3, where someone thought it'd be a fun idea to make a bunch of paths that *look* like they can be traversed in a straight line, but there is always some file cabinet or fallen pillar or insurmountable trash can forcing you to take a loop around and become completely lost.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It's kind of fun how the NCR are probably the most likeable bunch in the Mohave while you're wandering it, because all you're really running into are the wayward platoons stuck fighting a losing battle with the Legion. Then you get to the Dam and start seeing all the bureaucratic fuckups people meant when they said "NCR sucks".

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That previously mentioned idea of a Science Melee guy hopped up on chems sounds like a blast. Just call him Mr. Hyde.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The gameplay didn't live up to it in Mothership Zeta, but the overall idea of leading an alien abductee jailbreak with a cowboy, an astronaut and a samurai who didn't speak any English was amazing.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Veronica should start a conversation with you as soon as the Formal Wear is in her stuff. Not sure what's going on there.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I believe that's it. If you complete a mission for an opposing side while Don't Tread on the Bear is up, NCR brands you a terrorist. Best to just delay doing Yes Man's stuff until the last possible moment.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

House actually returns the chip to you right after you give it to him and he uses it to upgrade the Securitrons. You never lose it, and you're free to go ahead and kill him afterward, though it's slightly harder due to the above spoiler.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I would too, just because every time I make it up to the Silver Rush, I wish I could actually make use of their incredible stockpile.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Not really. The stretch of road going to Novac is surprisingly empty. Although you can go north from the road a bit to see Hidden Valley and the Brotherhood.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The Kings are all the way north, just outside of Vegas. You won't be meeting them for awhile.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I more meant that I never put points in energy weapons, so all the stuff there is useless to me except to sell it.

I'm not sure if destroying the robots locks you out of Yes Man's stuff, since he wants you to activate them. But it does turn House hostile the next time you see him.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Sounds like why I could never get into Left 4 Dead. If I clear out a room full of zombies, I want to consider that room cleared out, not cleared out until the AI decides I'm playing too well and cheats by teleporting in some more.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Have you tried talking to the NCR diplomat in Vegas? That usually starts things for me.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It's the easiest place I've found to craft stuff, since it has storage lockers right next to a workbench. Plus food, water and beds while I'm there.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Admittedly, I found the one in Goodsprings, the one in Novac, and then never located or really looked for another. Since I had zero reasons to want to ship anything to or from Goodsprings, I never used it. Although I guess it could help raiding all of those random supplies Doc Mitchell keeps in his house.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Every time I power up the Archimedes laser, I'm underwhelmed by the weapon itself and wish I'd put the power into making the various lights in buildings brighter. It only works outdoors, once a day, and things tend to move away from it and towards you once you're close enough to see them.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

poo poo, it was awesome finding the pipe rifle in Fallout 2. One shot at a time, but man, it was a gun as opposed to your spear and knife.

Of course, then you can kill that rear end in a top hat in the next town running the kid thieves and steal his massive horde of guns, at which point the effect is gone. Still.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I liked it when I made a 1 Int character in Fallout 2. As soon as I left the village and made my way to the first town, I got what seemed like a random encounter. It was some guy mocking you, because you were the latest guy sent out by the village elder to save them, after everyone else had died trying. Soon as you tried talking, he just laughed at how desperate they must be.

The Elder's initial speech to a retarded Chosen is great. "Find the GECK. GECK. Go to Klamath. Kla-math. Oh we are doomed."

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 29, 2012

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

"Sure boss, I'll just put away my melee weapon and use my melee weapon."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I never do, but that's more because I don't think you can do that and get the Remnants to help you on a Legion route in the same game. Arcade permanently quits as soon as you try.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well, Benny *is* a prettied up tribal.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He seriously looks like Tito Ortiz got old and decided it was a good idea to conquer Nevada.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That reminds me, I was terribly amused by Point Lookout, just because I live around there and fighting rampaging hillbilly moonshiners around the lighthouse made me laugh and laugh.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Southern Maryland, on the border of Virginia.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I was more annoyed at Caesar *insisting* the BoS be wiped out, or he'd throw one of his trademark fits. You know dude, if you'd leave them be, they'd probably help out by picking on the NCR (at least after I replaced the elder). And furthermore, they'd get their asses kicked again doing it, but as far as our cause goes, this is a Good Thing.

Oh well, gently caress Caesar.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

If you could speech check Lanius, of all people...

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They seem better than they are since they're more or less on your side during Fallout 2 and 3. In the original though, they're a bunch of colossal douchebags who, first time meeting them, send you on a quest that's meant to have you die horribly in a gazillion rad hellhole because they think it's funny. And then there's Rhombus...

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

As I recall, Eden followed the same idea Richardson did in Fallout 2, that anyone slightly mutated (read: anyone who had ever set foot outside of a vault) would be FEVed to death.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Cass actually does react to Lady Killer, but only to point out what a Lady Killer you are and that it isn't going to work on her.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I think you need either Speech 50 or Barter 50 to even recruit Cass, so the game kind of punishes you for not dumping points there.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The change in his dialogue once you have Broken Steel is kind of funny. "Why yes, it would make sense for me to do it, for I am in fact immune to radiation! Be right back."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I would imagine a shot to the head would have all sorts of other complications, like whatever's left of the bullet pressing on the brain. But I'm no doctor either.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That completely goes against Benny insisting on finishing you off with a clean shot. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I would say that getting that stuff fixed at the clinic outside of Vegas is probably a bit pricier than most people can afford. But I think whatsherface at the Followers can just kind of go "Hey, have a shot" and fix it for nothing, if I remember correctly.