Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I think I hate respawning enemies in general. I'm like, I just made the effort to clear this room, stop springing more rear end in a top hat ghouls right in my face :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

After he got that whole "I will have my impractically slow moving orbital laser even if I have to kill all of my own soldiers to get it" out of his system.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I vaguely recall someone in-game saying Nephi was a New Canaanite who made it all the way to Vegas and became a crazy person. Or maybe I invented that in my head.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

What. Where is that guy during the day? I usually stand there waiting for ages just for night to fall so he'll wander by.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Weird, I've never had any particular issue with Vampire. Just installed whatever version of the Wesp patch was out at the time (it's possible it's been altered and broken since then. Wesp does that) and off we went

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Ha, doing yet another run and was enjoying the novelty of keeping the Legion at least neutral so I didn't have assassins on my rear end every waking hour. Boone ended that one in a hurry as soon as I recruited him. Whoops.

Also talking to the cloaked Nightkin at Novac is pretty great. I assume he has commentary for all of the party members? Got him to say stuff about Boone and ED-E.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Kind of annoying since you can certainly do it the other way, like killing Caesar and then telling Joshua about it. Or killing House and then telling Dr. 0 about it (he is happy).

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, NVSR made my game crash like a bat out of hell.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, I admittedly never quite got the logic of Caesar rolling with Lanius as a successor, unless it was just a thing where no one else in the Legion was possibly going to beat that guy in an inevitable duel to the death for the throne. And he was probably too useful as a killbot for Caesar to chuck him off of a cliff.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That guy had an attitude, gently caress him too :colbert:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Even with the content restore mod I was always so confused by KOTOR2. Like, Kreia would make some veiled threat and fry Bao-Dur. I'd go to the ship, Bao-Dur would be fine. I'd get a cutscene where HK got annoyed with T3 and shot him. T3 would have no ill effects. Never knew if this was the mod putting in lost scenes at random or what.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Right I got that part, but these scenes came out of nowhere and then were never acknowledged again. You'd think your party members being electrocuted and shot would have ramification, but as soon as you returned to the ship it was like nothing had happened.

It would be like if you were playing New Vegas and suddenly got a cutscene at the Lucky 38 where Veronica beat the gently caress out of Cass. So you fast travel back there and both of them are giving their little quips, everything is fine.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 1, 2018

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It is odd since as said, she does the doctor in Novac too and that's a pretty decent job of a quack who barely knows what she's doing.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, even when I've seen the dialogue already, I want to hear Graham speak it. That's pretty rare.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Man, I forgot that I really don't like the vaults with screwy layouts like Vault 22 (although at least that doesn't constantly radiate you like a certain other screwy layout vault). I don't appreciate knowing where the exit is and having to backtrack all the way across the vault because I ran into a cave in :bahgawd:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I liked how he had all of these hoops you had to jump through to recruit him, unless your Intelligence was really low, then he's just like "Well you clearly need the help"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also put your Intelligence just low enough that getting sloshed dips you into the "Durr me brain damaged" speech options

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

You take Old World Gourmet with it, cart around a bunch of Scotch and suddenly you're a drunken rear end in a top hat regenerating like Wolverine

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

In a perfect world, you run the Boomer gauntlet and there's Hunter sitting around with a rocket launcher and surrounded by empty whiskey bottles

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Dead Money is so much less annoying if you have Light Step so you don't have to look for bear traps every two seconds.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

On a different note, I recently took my Hammerhead/Flattop mafia character up to the point where you can side with the Omertas, since it seemed narratively fitting and I don't think I've done it before. They...uh, really didn't think this plan through, did they? "Yeah, let's gas everyone on the Strip to death at Caesar's behest! Then we can take over...uh, the city in which we just murdered all of our gambling profits. And we just betrayed our employer for a guy with a psychotic fixation on wiping out tribes just like us. Good call!"

I'm thinking the best option is to just get House to send in his robbits to kill Sal and Nero, since even if I want to keep the Omertas around, they're doomed with those two at the helm

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The woman at the beginning of Honest Hearts who says New Reno is still exactly like it was in Fallout 2 was interesting. Apparently NCR couldn't pacify that one in the, what...40 years that passed between games?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Which makes it funnier when you inform him that he's chip out of luck and he starts throwing a virtual temper tantrum, yelling at you to do what you're told, dammit

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The delivery on House's line about why he didn't put guards around the Chip still makes me laugh. "Please, rob *this*!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

You can also literally knock them down with anything (like guns) and then cut off a limb with a knife. They are just as dead.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Ron Perlman: Chicken chaser. Do you chase chickens?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It's the one Barter check he gives you when you're negotiating over his booby trapped chair that decides everything. If you call him out on that, he will decide from then out that he hates you (his dialogue actually changes *just* based on this, like when you're wandering around with him, he makes snide comments about you). Not calling him out on the trap means he'll cheerfully decide you're his best friend and he'd be happy to elaborate on what a scumbag he is.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Cass has so much more dialogue in general than everyone else that there are patches to have her dial it down.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Now I'm just remembering the first time that Star Cap guy came trotting up to me to say his thing, it happened to be right in a minefield and he promptly blew himself up

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

There were a lot of things to complain about in Dead Money, but the Ghost People could be dealt with by just knocking them down and then hacking them with a Cosmic Knife. Even if your Melee sucked it still worked

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Now I'm curious about the Jet thing. I thought it was established that Myron accidentally cooked that up during Fallout 2 by noticing that people were getting high while working around cow dung.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Khans were basically Tutorial Raider Assholes in the first game. Then they made the mistake of kidnapping the future president of NCR and it turns out she'd hold a grudge for all 110 years of her life. Whoops.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm usually willing to roll along with House until he demands I go massacre the Brotherhood and reacts to "No thanks" with a screaming fit. The Brotherhood being a mixed bag of people ranging from assholes who deserve it to folks who are just kind of there. Go commit your own mass murder, dickhead :colbert:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

You can also gobble a bunch of Turbos and just run for it.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It's just so terribly inconvenient killing him when Doc is the only guy within 100 miles capable of fixing all the limbs I destroy stepping on land mines

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, the upshot of all of it was Courier never blew the place up on purpose, he just happened to be carrying a box on his mailman route that turned out to be a bomb. Whoops.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It's an incredibly easy payday, can't see why he wouldn't

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Fallout was almost always gory slapstick, except the rare times during New Vegas when it tried not to be

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Fallout 2 did everything Fallout 1 did and made it much less archaic (except the tutorial area, who thought that was a good idea)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I tried playing a route once where I sided with the Powder Gangers, but then you have to kill Doc Mitchell and he's the only person in 500 miles who can heal a broken leg. Whoops