Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Cass just feels kind of underpowered when put up against the raging killbots that are Boone and Veronica (also she's harder to recruit than any companion besides Raul). I got nothing on Annah, I always kept her around because I didn't feel like making Nameless One a thief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

In the grim cyberpunk future of Shadowrun, everyone consumes soy and everyone is a woman

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I always found it weird that post Dead Money you can tell Veronica about Elijah, but you can't tell her about Christine

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, the trick is you can't open the door to Tabitha or free Raul without having fixed Rhonda or it's an unavoidable fight. You have to repair Rhonda first, then Tabitha will come find you for another resolution.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Tabitha's radio channel is the best one in the game and it's unfortunate you have to kill it to pick up Raul

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That's honestly where my cooperating with House always comes to an end.

House: Go kill the Brotherhood in the bunker.

Me: The *entire* Brotherhood, that's kind of sus.

House: GET HIM MY ROBOTS

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

You have to kill Tabitha's radio station forever to get Raul and that's always one of those "Ehhhh must I" things

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The line between NCR during Tandi's life and NCR after Tandi dies seems to be a Wile E. Coyote cliff straight down. Although the foreshadowing was definitely there even as of Fallout 2

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The bigger thing is you have to kill Doc Mitchell if you side with Cobb and there goes your only source of healing broken limbs in the early going

You'd think the equivalent doctor hanging around the Powder Gangers could do it but nope

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It's that thing I gobbled to cheese the Boomer gauntlet and rarely ever thought about otherwise

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Vargatron posted:

My favorite part of playing FO1 and 2 was randomly taking 300 damage and dying to a crit that bypassed my Power Armor.

Alternately getting up to Lou in FO1, watching his big villain speech, then exploding him with one pistol crit to the head

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They make you kill Doc Mitchell for that quest and there goes your easiest way of recovering all the bones you'll be shattering by land mine in the early going

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Dean is so over the top a shithead it's honestly great. I don't think I've seen a character who will secretly hold a grudge against you forever like that since Alpha Protocol

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

"Aw, not crucifixion! All those people pointing and laughing at me!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Only one that comes close is Alpha Protocol, where characters would remember eight hours down the line whether they hated you for being obnoxious

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I mean Elijah says outright the holograms and poo poo were extraneous, he wanted the infinite vending machines (and also the death gas but mostly the vending machines)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also the crew distracting Jason with holograms of horny teenagers. "We love drugs and sex!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Planescape was the most memorable one I can recall for having an evil route consisting of nothing but completely vile choices with nothing fun about any of it. I don't think I ever finished the thing, it was a straight road of "Ew"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They do plop an NPC at the entrance to Quarry Junction just to say "Going this way will definitely get you killed"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Vault Dweller literally killed all of them in Fallout 1 except for the leader's son, who recruited enough dudes to have a second Khans gang going in Fallout 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Honest Hearts is odd in that the main story of it is really short, but there is a great big and interesting sidequest to do that's much longer (and you are not steered into recognizing its existence at all)