Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012
I replaced the opening theme with this. It's a bit gloomy, so it would probably fit FO3 better, but I have yet to play that one. The original is really.. cheery sounding.. in spite of the lyrics.

The vocals match the cut-off point. Just not the redone instrumentation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012
I run to Vegas to play blackjack until I break the bank at the Atomic Wrangler.. get an intelligence implant, then run to Novac (both ways making sure I get involved in as few fights as possible, and find as few landmarks as possible) and pick up a book in the Motel lobby. Then I'll have 10 INT and do whatever. Usually I head back to Vegas and start the Freeside quests though. And pick up Arcade Gannon.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012
Wait, there's survivors in Vault 34? I thought it was all Ghouls.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Blackray Jack posted:

So where's a good place to store your poo poo? I got this yesterday and aside from my brief playthrough on the console version where I got an apartment at the dinosaur town I have no idea where any good places to store my gear would be at until I get there again.

There's also a small room at the Atomic Wrangler you get as part of a quest. You'll have to go to the strip to finish that though, so you may as well stick with the Lucky 38. Also the Ultra Lux, and the Tops both have rooms you can win if you're lucky at gambling. The Tops one you can get as part of the main quest too. Finally, the best base is The Sink, which you gain access to with the Old World Blues DLC.

But honestly, you really just need to learn to use these things if you're having hoarding problems.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Blackray Jack posted:

I have a question for people who use ED-E. Which upgrade do you choose and why? I'm looking at the wiki and both sound pretty great on paper, but I'm really wondering which one I should do. More armor is obviously good as weapons get stronger and creatures become harder hitting. But then again a weapon upgrade seems good too because I'm running into more assholes who have armor and all I have is a fire axe and a thermic lance for that end. I guess I'm just looking for recommendations. Also, are there any mods related to the wandering traders, or commands rather like to reset them or some such?

I always take ED-E to the Followers, for story reasons, and also because offense is the best defense. Also since ED-E is ranged anyway he won't be tanking for you, so is unlikely to need the extra armor.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012
I think Lake Mead Cave is one of the most beautiful places I've explored in any game.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012
I'd like OWB and Dead Money more if I could leave whenever I wanted to. HH has this issue too, but it's shorter, so it's not as bad. But I don't really like Lonesome Road at all, because all the loot is useless to me, I hate deathclaws, I hate tunnelers and then I'm that crazy person who maxes out charisma and wanders around with 1 endurance, so it really, really doesn't work well for my playstyle. I kinda like the crazy man's ramblings. The only thing that irritates me about all that is that I want more dialogue to respond to him. I loved ED-E's plot in that though.

Dead Money has the best rewards and the best plot, even if some of the gameplay is irritating.. I'd like to explore it more... but that's a little hard when your companions are nagging you to rush, the cloud of death is saying no, you can't explore, and then there's the stupid traps Dean left all over the place, and the speakers... Not a fan of the holograms either. Ghost people are easy when you know their gimmick.

OWB is interesting to explore, and has lots of fun things to find. Like I love how the Toaster's holotape is part of this weird shrine. But I'd like the option to leave early because I tend to get burned out on that area pretty fast.. But I still want to find all the Sink upgrades so there's a happy ending. *sigh*

I do really like Honest Hearts. Sure, the quests are not quite as 'compelling' as some of the other stuff, but I really like the characters who are not Daniel. Pity I rarely use guns so all of that loot is prettymuch worthless to me as well.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Gynovore posted:

Fun Fact: the actor who voiced Ulysses also voiced the Biological Research Station.

"I have walked the length and breadth of the Divide... just waitin' for yawwww seeeeeed."

Now I'll never be able to take him seriously.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012
I could use some help. I'm trying to do 'You'll know it when it happens' but Ranger Grant is kinda off by the Enclave bunker, and doesn't show any signs of moving to the dam. If I fast travel to him, he'll end up in Red Rock Canyon, so I'll have to fast travel again. When I catch up to him there, he'll initiate dialogue mention timing ect, then there will be a fadeout, and immediately after that quest failed.

If I try placeatme, he doesn't have anything to say. Waiting around at Hoover Dam does nothing, because he's stuck on his side of the map until I travel over that way.

Help. I've never done this quest before either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Garrand posted:

I've never had this problem so I can't say for sure, but usually during this quest Grant is waiting for you inside the lobby of the dam, so maybe try placing him inside there? There's a list of bugs for this quest here, although I'm not sure if I'm finding anything that matches up to your problem

I read through them. There seems to be a couple that match up with my issue on the notes page as well, but no one seems to have any fixes. Maybe I'll just delete my saves and shelve New Vegas for a while. :/