Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I encountered a problem and I'm wondering if anyone could help.

In my game, Boone completely disappeared, I know he's not dead since I'm not playing hardcore mode, I tried the Vault 22 elevator trick (use the elevator to go to the fifth floor, which supposedly makes disappeared companions reappear).

I used the console to spawn him, but the Boone clone would follow me everywhere when I fast travel when he's not a current companion, and when I dismiss him, rather than teleporting to Novac/Lucky 38, he just walks there.

Is there anything else I can do to, or am I SOL and loading an earlier save is the only solution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Roobanguy posted:

Have you tried using the Companion computer at the Gun Runners?

Yep. Nothing happened.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Zeron posted:

I don't know about that, whenever I played vanilla with Boone he would end pretty much every fight himself before I even saw the enemy.

Makes you wonder if he even needed a spotter back in his 1st Recon day.

Speaking of Boone, I tried the prid console command but it didn't work. I think making a Boone clone messed something up. I just loaded an old save to begin again (pun intended) and Boone is functioning fine on the old save, and I did Dead Money again since I wanted to get the achievement for locking Elijah in the Sierra Madre vault. (Not sure if it's OK to have that last bit spoilered?)

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

popewiles posted:

"Rosebud..."

*a dozen snow globes fall from House's hand*

New Vegas is truly the Citizen Kane of video games.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I've always wanted to see a Fallout game set in China, but considering how China loses it whenever the country is depicted in a bad light in media, it's a no go.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

pun pundit posted:

So what you're saying is you want lots of underwater gameplay when you get to the bottom-most (and most dangerous) layers?

And lurking in those underwater areas are giant albino, blind sewer alligators the size of school buses. :getin:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I think you meant :stonk: there at the end. Jesus christ I hate water in video games.

Looks like someone doesn't appreciate a challenge.

(Actually, it sounds terrifying when you think about it.)

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

gently caress horses, let me repair one of those wasted motorcycles! So many parts lying around that I collected the first time through, expecting to be able to jerryrig one together, like maybe the one in Bruce Isaac's room. :negative:

While there's a mod for that, I wish drivable motorbikes were an official thing.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

No, they had to cut it because of how the new ammo system works. There's probably a mod putting it back in though.
There's a mod that implements the Rock-It Launcher:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40007/

It also includes other FO3 weapons like the Railway Rifle (in case you feel like decorating the walls with Fiend heads).

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

Did anyone ever try the Brazil total conversion that someone made? I can't imagine it being good, but there's always a bit of hope with something like that.

You mean Project Brazil? The first part was released back in June and I played through it a couple weeks ago, I like it. It's relatively light on combat until the end and you can the ruins of San Bernardino afterwards as sort of a preview (there's people to fight but no quests yet). You can do some dicking around in the Vault like flirting with a chick in a chat room and playing a text-based cyberpunk adventure game.

A lot of effort is going into it and I have high hopes.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

I thind Dead Money was the best part of the whole FNV experience, but there are obvious problems:

- Collars. Extra annoying if you don't have the mod that allows sprinting. And they don't add anything to the gameplay most of the time.
- Traps. Basically the same issue, one more source of frustration. Though I felt the traps were mostly placed quite well, in a way to make you paranoid but to give you quite a bit of leeway.
- Enemies. I think it's mostly people who didn't try to kill the monsters using close range weapons who complain. Stuff like bear trap claws makes combat exciting, and even somewhat trivial.
- The Cloud - Personally I didn't have any problems with it even on hardcore, but I've seen people complaining.

You forgot the holograms (I just don't like special unkillable enemies even though they're technically killable by shooting the emitters), especially the ones in the room where Christine is being held.

:byodame: SINCLAIR, SINCLAIR!!! OH MY GOD I AM SO SCARED! WHERE ARE YOU SINCLAIR!?

Ugh.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

with all the crazy city stuff and the fact that the logo looks way less like a rusted piece of poo poo than 3/NV I wonder if part of the theme of the game is going to be the world actually getting its poo poo back together

That would be great.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

You play as a Pre-War soldier whose brain was accidentally implanted into a dog. With your quick wits and the help of your trusted interpreter from Vault 111, you will have to explore the Wasteland, track down your descendents, and figure out how to shoot a laser cannon with your paws.

Actually you'll get a gun strapped to your back

Like this.

Also play Metal Saga it owns.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

2house2fly posted:

The shoulder mounted machine gun is insanely badass. It doesn't have a minigun's stopping power but it just feels good to fire. Definitely my favourite weapon out of Lonesome Road, which had a decent selection.

Red Glare had the best reloading animation of any rocket launcher in my opinion.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

Yeah if you don't mind it taking like half a day to finish.

Though to be fair I only tried the Red Glare once. Didn't seem as powerful as you'd expect honestly but then I was using it against Lonesome Road enemies who are huge bags of HP.

Rapid Reload, suckas. :tfrxmas:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Klungar posted:

Are there any mods that make it less of an annoying slog?

Here's a mod that lets you keep your stuff.

This one changes things up a bit, such as making speakers much easier to see.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s0HeS4cliY

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

:actually: if you listen to Marty Robbins' other works, including the compositions that build upon that story, it's indicated that Texas Red stole the gun with all its notches by ambushing another guy who'd actually done all the killing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTehgtJpPvw

Also check out this other wonderful track by Robbins: great Fallout material

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XxYwWg7F8I

I love the implication of a Marty Robbins Musical Universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Why Ulysses waste time say lot word when few word do trick?

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 29, 2020