Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greasynig
Aug 14, 2017

LOL You guys really can't get over the fact that Bethesda makes the best RPGs can you? CONSISTENTLY getting GOTY, CONSISTENTLY selling the best on the market in the WORLD for a single player title. Among the highest rated titles on metacritic, IGN, and Gamespot reviews. What other accolades in the gaming world are there? And, there's no way any single player game will beat a multiplayer behemoth like Call of Duty, more real life people interacting with you = strictly better gaming experience experience. this isn't even debatable and if this wasn't the case why are online FPS games like Rainbow Six Siege and Call of Duty the most sold? You see that competition and then you look at how much Skyrim sold, I mean it isn't InfinityWard numbers but it is still by and far the best for a single player title, hands down. See, you guys sit here and act as if the extra choices in FNV or the "dialogue" or "muh hegelian dialectics" is some amazing design or something - when you have less choices, there's less thought involved, there's a better flow for the player. I don't want to read dissertations, I want nice, summarized, one to three word inputs I can decide on in the blink of a second. THAT is good game design. gently caress spending 100s of hours grinding or having some form of progression, give me the best weapons possible right from the get-go. I want that power armour and I don't want to work my rear end off for it, this is a single-player story-driven (and don't get me started, Bethesda storytelling AND story > Obsidian, more choices =/= depth) action adventure. I want the fun to derive in the combat and the story, I don't want to wait and hear boring, hours of lovely voice acting by lovely voice actors (Oblivion had Sean Bean and Patrick Stewart. Masterful cast choices, even world class actors audition for Bethesda game titles - should tell you pretentious hipster kids something).

And before you kids even say anything, BACK TO BACK TO BACK GOTY, Oblivion -> Fallout 3 -> Skyrim. Todd Howard is the MJ to Bethesda's '96 Bulls, sealing the three-peat. I don't EVER want to hear ANYTHING ever again about Obsidian being better than Bethesda, they couldn't hold a JOCKSTRAP to them and I just proved why right here. Hopefully you kids learn something. Stay in school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greasynig
Aug 14, 2017

xthetenth posted:

I'm going to guess based on the username that he's at the point where it literally doesn't matter whether he's serious or not, because someone who's intentionally terrible can be ignored just as easily as someone unintentionally terrible.

Yeah, redirect all VALID criticism to a simple "terrible" post. My work should stand on its own, with or without the username, you read it not based off of authorial intent but off of its merit - which it has plenty of. It seems not only are you people devoid of video game knowledge but genuinely lack analsyis skills for artistic pursuits. These are the fundamentals, go back and watch some more tape you pretentious hipster kids and learn something.

greasynig
Aug 14, 2017

King Vidiot posted:

That's because trying to come up with alternate routes and employing actual loving smart game design takes too much time and work and Bethesda are all about cheapness and cutting corners wherever they can.

I installed a Fallout 4 mod that flags every NPC as nonessential and Preston Garvey got his dumbass killed which locked me out of the main story from the very start. But hey, at least I didn't have to defend any settlements. gently caress you, Garvey!

e: I kinda want to revisit Fallout 4, but I'm waiting until the DLC is reasonably priced. So maybe never?

Definitely do so. The way it was meant to be played, too, so no modded playthrough either. You will love all the intricate design choices and the deep story. Fantastic game, really is. Top 10 RPG of all time.

greasynig
Aug 14, 2017

I am not trolling, I have a greater level of understanding. These posts come out of me in two minutes time. It's because I really know my poo poo, kid. Maybe we're just not on the same level playing field though. It is what it is. Still haven't had any of my points refuted. I guess it's probably because I'm correct.

greasynig
Aug 14, 2017

King Vidiot posted:

I don't know why this should surprise anybody when a ton of content in Fallout 4 was directly "inspired" (ripped off from) mods for Fallout and Skyrim. I mean even down to a lot of the songs on Diamond City Radio being songs that were in the Conelrad mod. The first thing I thought when I saw that teaser trailer was "Oh poo poo, they're using that song from the Conelrad Radio mod!".

e: Also you know something fellas? I don't think we're ever going to see another Obsidian Fallout game, ever :(

the whole settlement building and fighting of waves of enemies was a new vegas mod lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greasynig
Aug 14, 2017

Yeah, getting ideas from mods to be honest shouldn't be shunned. Bethesda's one of the only companies that not only tolerate modding but openly support it. Hell, they've even hired modders in the past.