Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Berk Berkly posted:

The next Fallout should take place in Asia.

Perhaps in a neat Korea/China/Japan triangle. The US had/has a bunch of large military installations in the latter two so you can easily explain the gringos/enclave-likes. I could see all kinds of awesome things to see and do here. Instead of deserts, you could have radioactive super-jungles overgrowing and cramping into humanity, the oceans boiling in giant volcanic island crater whirlpools, and underwater cities. The former cities of Shanghai and Seoul would be explorable, but even the original Hiroshima/Nagasaki sites for some awkward moments of irony.

I don't understand why people think putting Fallout in China / Asia is a good idea. Do you know what the 50s China looked like? It was a shithole. No suburbs, no cars, no industry, nothing. There was massive famine in China until the 80s.

- No vaults
- No retro music
- No recognizable weapons, other than ~katanas~ or AKs
- No pop culture
- No English (I guess you could subtitle everything, haha)

It wouldn't be a Fallout game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
So the vault dweller will be voiced now?

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Chamale posted:

Why do you say that? Did I miss something?

He talks to the dog at the end of the trailer.