Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Been going through OWB for a little bit, it's awesome so far but about forcefields...How do I get rid of them, I'm trying to find holotapes and one of them is totally blocked off by a forcefield on the floor. Will these come in time or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

This go-through I'm playing a melee/unarmed killing machine without a care in the world, whereas I usually play a smart/science/sniper/goody-goody. So... (end of OWB spoilers)I found it hilarious that as soon as I opened the door to the forbidden zone, I saw this giant fuckoff radscorp. My usual char would have hid, ran around and used the turrets and disabled it. This play though though, I didn't even think. I just took every chem I had and proton-axed its face off. :black101::black101: The ending dialogue was long as hell and I didn't even 'uncover all the secrets'. The game seemed to make reference to Sierra Madre, does it assume I have already finished Dead Money? (I haven't, I'm headed there now).

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It doesn't reference you finishing it but it does reference the characters you'll meet and it explains the tech you'll find in DM since it was made in Big Mt.

Ah. I thought it might be another case of Fallout 3 DLC where no matter where in the story you are, ":laugh::laugh::laugh:" talks about how you saved the wasteland and got water flowing.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'm about an hour or so into Dead Money...it's not grabbing me at all like OWB or HH did. Oh well.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

FuhrerHat posted:

Oh my god I went into Old World Blues at level 11 to prove how much of a man I was and now I am out of ammo, out of healing, and crying in a corner because all sorts of imbeciles and weird dogs are destroying me.

I hosed up I'm no warrior I'm just a mailman oh god please stop beating me up.

I don't believe in loading old saves because I am role-playing real life, the gently caress do I do now!!!???

Run for it!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I never plan on returning to DM, anything I should make sure I dont miss?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I just finished DM. I feel like I got the 'bad' ending. Here's what happened so please since I will never go back to that wretched place...please fill me in if theres a 'better' one.

[spoiler]I ended up having dog kill god, was kind of railroaded into a fight with the cut up chick and killed her, then i convinced Elijah to come to the vault, when he came down he instantly went hostile (no conversation or anything) so I blew him away, then ran away. Then just left for the Mojave.[spoiler]

It was easily the worst DLC I've played so far, and that includes the alien spaceship DLC from Fallout 3. Only one type of enemy, stupid gimmicky 'you're about to blow up beep beep beeeeeep' segments that wouldn't quit, bland looking. It was so bad I couldn't even get into the story, I could give a gently caress who anybody is except Dean. I hope he shows up on the strip.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

In the next fallout, I want more green, more people. I know this is fallout, but a nice lush area would be awesome. More people would be awesome. I also want some sort of town/base building sim built in.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So about the Legion and the Brotherhood...I am a member of the brotherhood of steel, but Caesar wants me to wipe them out. Is there any way to reconcile this without killing one side?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Well at least I got power armor training...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I've done the independent ending before. This is a legion run.