Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Welp I'm starting a new game. What is objectively the best starting special stat allocation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
My guy with 9 int at level 50 has every skill at 100 except for energy weapons vOv

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
All my bullets seem to be going down and to the right of where I'm shooting. They always hit towards the bottom right area of my cross hair. At first I just thought it was only my Survivalist's Rifle, but now I see that all my guns are doing this. It isn't too terrible because in most firefights I've tested so far, my gun is hitting outside of vats. I can shoot at a dead body, a tin can, or even a wall; however, and miss completely and hit whatever is down and to the right of what I'm aiming at. Then I aim a little bit up and to the left, and behold, I hit stuff.

Anyone know what could be causing this? It happens in first person. Maybe I'm just being weird and it's been this way all along. I mean it has to have been. Nothing has really changed except updating AG supplementary weapons mod. That couldn't affect my aim on all my guns. Anyone have any similar problem to this?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I'm trying to make a melee dude but I just can't do it. I tried in Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, and now. I can't do it. The temptation to pick up a gun always overpowers me. I did use some console commands to make a guy level 40 and give him the energy swords and all the perks and poo poo and it was pretty fun. I just don't know what it is but that kind of thing seems like a gimmick. I may try lasers, especially now since the GRA added some really cool energy weapons.

I don't know, my playstyle has always been a guns guy. Snipers and shotguns are both hilariously awesome.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I didn't actually wipe out the Powder Gangers, even though I fully intended to. I strolled up to the prison wearing the bloodsoaked uniform of one of their brothers I'd killed and stripped naked, and they said,"Yeah we know you're not one of us but.... you don't gently caress with us, we won't gently caress with you."

After that it just felt like a step too far to kill them after they were so accomodating to the guy who they KNOW murdered the gently caress out of a bunch of their buddies.

Don't forget to murderize their vault guys! I never knew about that vault until like three weeks ago. It amazes me that I'm still finding all kinds of stuff in the vanilla game after such a long time of playing it. I still haven't completed The Thorn stuff, just found that vault with the rest of the Powder Gangers, finally found Deathclaw Promontory, still haven't done that quest to free slaves from Cottonwood Cove, nor have I talked to the legion guy Dead Sea more than once. poo poo, I've never even gone inside the lodge at Camp Golf. drat. Also I haven't even done many of the NCR quests aside from the ones on the strip. I am a shameful person. I think New Vegas is the biggest game I've played.

Also, I just played the melee guy that I didn't think I'd stick with and got some Riot Gear at level 3. I bought it and have like 3k caps left over. Awesome! Lonesome Road breaks the economy but it sure is fun to do. That trip definitely reminded me of the run from Arroyo to Navarro in Fallout 2.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
So my guy is a cryogenically frozen Justin Beiber clone that came out of deep-freeze in 2281 to beat dudes to death with a golf club.

Baby baby baby, Oh Baby!

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I got a GRA ripper just now at level 5. I almost got through the god drat cazadores, but after one of my many deaths they decided to respawn. At that point I toggled god mode and punched them all to death. After that point it was smooth sailing to the Gunrunners booth. I got all my chips the legit way, by stealing everything that wasn't nailed to the floor. I wonder if the Cowboy perk affects rippers? I will need to check the wiki. I don't think something like Rushing Water or Slayer would affect it. Chainsaws and rippers and poo poo own but if I could manually swing them rather than just hold them out they would be a million times better.

I think a cool thing would be Heavy Handed + Elijah's Rambling + Slayer + Rushing Water + Cowboy + Grunt + Blood Nap. Or all that and Gahenna with Pyromaniac. Yep. That is pretty much some unstoppable poo poo right there.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Holy poo poo; if Glenn Beck has an online university, then we could surely offer an ethics class based on Fallout.

I think the legion is bad, but like Caesar said, it's thesis and antithesis. The NCR sprung up as a good institution, and the Legion sprung up as its evil counterpart. Also, the NCR is somewhat older than the Legion. NCR is buying up a ton of land and lots of NPCs remark that it's destroying their way of life. The Legion is simply taking things by power. The funny thing is, raiders and whatnot thrive in the NCR (who knows about California, etc., I mean in the Mojave) and they don't dare operate in Legion territory.

It feels obvious that the Legion is evil and NCR is good, but just like all people; nobody is 100% good or evil. NCR has a shadow of evil and Legion has a sliver of good. I think this plays out especially in Lonesome Road where you have these undying Legionaries and NCR officers fighting. They have pretty much become equal because they lost sight of the goals of their organizations. Probably has something to do with the radiation. I think the Divide was a place that had a chance to equalize people, regardless of affiliations. But that got all hosed up. Just like everything else in the Fallout universe.

War. War never changes. :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Mustang posted:

Anyone know how to fix the transparent gun thing when using enb settings? Apparently SSAO causes it? How would I turn that off?

Edit: I'm not home yet but I'll try the read only for thing when I get home, thanks.

This mod right here will partially fix the problem: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49420//?. Make sure to follow his instructions on shader modification. The only thing that this mod and the further shader tweaking will not fix is iron sights. The only fix for that is disabling detailed shadows and ambient occlusion in the enbseries file. That's pretty drastic and would probably make the game look a lot more poo poo than just having some partially see-through iron sights some of the time. It sucks, but I don't know there you can really eliminate the problem.