Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Dush posted:

They're full of poo poo. What they really mean is there isn't much time before they get super impatient and crabby and they'll have to float around in their little hover-jars full of impotent frustration at the lobotomite's insistence on searching every drat nook and cranny.

There's no timer is what I'm getting at

Let me put it this way: I entered the Big MT at level 17 (I think?), and managed to reach level 26 before even bothering to do the main quest. I've spent like 10-12 hour there. That's twice as long as most full-price games these days. If there was a timer, it's set years in the future.

(Anyway, I really really really should stop obsessively looting every container. They only contain something interesting like 0.01% of the time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Ddraig posted:

This is going to sound really stupid: But where the gently caress do I get a shovel? I've seen one a few times but it's one of those items you can't pick up, and I want to go graverobbing.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Shovel_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)

I had to go looking for one myself, once the shovel just disappeared from my inventory.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Is there any reason at all for getting the Courier's Stash DLC?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

SpaceMost posted:

Is there any way to download the DLC data files from Steam without first having New Vegas installed?

I live in a rural area so I have a ridiculously low bandwidth limit due to the ISPs available to me. I was hoping to download the DLC at the office today, stick the files on my zip drive, and take them home. Unfortunately, Steam seems to insist on downloading & installing automatically (which requires New Vegas to be installed), and I don't want to risk being chewed-out by IT and/or my manager if I torrent the files. :ohdear:

I've already purchased Lonesome Road and Honest Hearts through Steam, but if I download them at home they'll eat up 1/5th of my monthly limit.

The only option is getting someone to zip up the DLC for you. It borders on :filez: but is the only solution.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Will there be more DLC, or was Gun Runners' Arsenal the last one?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Graviija posted:

Haha, I'm still laughing at the possibility of "Fallout: Oslo" mentioned a couple pages back.

I bet it would be the best selling FO game in Norway by quite a margin, if nothing else.

If nothing else just for the fact that you could have a geographically correct "Nobel Peace Prize" achievement.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

AlternateAccount posted:

ANYTHING but loving Gamebryo. Is it just sunk costs? Why do they insist on using a totally poo poo engine that wasn't well suited for this sort of thing back in 2008 and is even WORSE suited by comparison now.

UE4, idTech, ANYTHING. Come on.

Yes, it is sunk costs. The whole team has over a decade of experience with their engine now - can you imagine how long it would take to get everyone up to speed on a completely new system and workflow?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
I do wonder if they will finally give us cities that are properly integrated in the world now that they don't have the 360 and PS3 to consider. Maybe even interiors without loading?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
They announced Fallout 4 and not Fallout The MOBA or Fallout Mobile or Fallout MMO so I'm pretty satisfied.