Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

StarkRavingMad posted:

By the end of the game, I was rolling in full Brotherhood Power Armor, carrying the Inversional Protonic Axe, and had basically all the perks related to melee, including the knockdown one, the stonewall one, Piercing Strike, etc. I was pretty much running up to people as they emptied a full clip into me to no effect, and then one swing would cause severed body parts to go flying everywhere. I essentially turned into a horror movie monster. This game is fantastic.

Same here. I just rolled through Old World Blues with Bitey Jim the Cannibal (Full up Melee/Unarmed with perks to match) wielding the named Proton Axe and Remnant Power Armor. I'm pretty sure that no enemy in the entire DLC took more than 4 strikes to kill, except for the big-rear end robo scorpion at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

This is Bitey Jim.

(That's a pile of Human Remains, Strange Meat and other... erm, parts.)

Bitey Jim was a different man back when he was a courier but getting shot in the head does strange things to people. Sometimes it makes a man strange. Tearing people apart limb from limb with his bare hands, chopping them to pieces and doing an enormous amount of drugs along the way, Bitey Jim is now working for himself and is willing to watch the Mojave burn to get what he wants. The NCR currently hates him, the Legion thinks he's insane, most of the gangs want him dead, but Jim thinks they're all delicious.

When there's no more killing to be done, he tilts back a few with Raul. Did I say a few? I meant a lot.

(Dat's a lotta booze!)

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Content question about Spring Mountain Visitors Centre; Has anyone found both hotel room keys? I could only find A2.

EDIT: I resized the pics for my awful, awful, monkey cheese story.

BlackIronHeart fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 27, 2011

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Here's a story for you then. Once, during his stint as a hockey-masked mercenary, Jim punched a man so hard he got stuck in the ceiling.

(This is a little like the time when he banged a girl so hard her freckles came off.)

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Had to guy GRA for the Nuka Grenades. Bitey Jim currently has 70+ Satchel Charges and a few dozen Plasma Mines in his bag but a Nuka Grenade makes the best detonator.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Tewratomeh posted:

Well, with the Vault 13 canteen and katana plus all the other Gun Runners weapons coming out today, I guess it's time to make my third character and do a Hardcore Run.

I'm getting the same feeling. A Hardcore run with Wild Wasteland should be fun.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Isn't Detroit supposed to be like a churning sea of feral dogs in Fallout or something? That'd rule. Michigan might be too depressing a location to set an apocalyptic survival game, though.

From what I've seen of Skyrim, using its engine to do a Fallout: Detroit set in the snowy, winter months would look very cool.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Take the Mad Bomber perk, craft as many MFC Cluster mines as you can. Throw them all over the stairs and watch the Legate disappear in green, nuclear fire. They are my new favorite weapon of any Fallout game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Yeah, that made me groan too. My latest run through as 'Enclave Refugee turned Legion Sycophant' made it especially annoying. I got into a corner with CZ57 and thousands of hand-loaded 5mm rounds but ED-E decided he needed to float right up to my face before the Tunnelers hopped on. Poor lil' Eyebot had to be put down.