Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

Explosives forever.

My Annabelle hosed up those deathclaws. First rocket crippled the legs and the second blew them into air. Then I brought out Mercy for the Marked Men. The only problem with Annabelle and all the explosive perks is I kept crippling myself even when it seemed I was far enough away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

My game crashes whenever I go to the northwest corner towards Jacobstown. My perfect character... ruined. :negative:

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

How to succeed at unarmed:

1. Run up to thing.
2. Hit thing.
3. Run up to next thing.
4. Hit thing.

High level unarmed is hilariously awesome, you can knock the head off almost everything. Not sure hw to deal with cazadores, tho, but gently caress those drat butterflies.

Also, superheated saturnite first FTW.

You go unarmed/explosive and blast the wings of cazadores before they get near you. My guy was unstoppable, Annabelle wasted Deathclaws before they got near and everything else got its head punched off.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

I hope this happens by moving the setting and not undoing all of the progress made by the player in Fallouts 1, 2, and Vegas. We still don't know anything about the areas north of Arroyo or East of Modoc. Washinton and Montana are still available as are the southeast and the southern states proper.

This is what I don't get. The independent ending is exactly the same except you're in charge instead of House. Why would anybody pick playing second banana to a megalomaniac instead of taking over themselves?

I'm to lazy to rule, I would rather just be the face of the organization.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

My first explosives guy was born due to the assassin spawns and me getting annoyed at trying to take them out with a 10mm pistol or a revolver. I'd horde what few 40mm grenades I could find early on and when they came it was time to lay waste. Turned out explosives is the best way to play NV because, well, poo poo explodes.

My melee/explosives guy was one of my favorite runs. Anything that survived the rockets had its head punched off. With all the explosives perks I could barely fire Annabelle without crippling a limb.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

Mock and Droll posted:

I won Fallout 3 from Steamgifts a while back, and I feel a little guilty. now that I've put some time into NV, I just can't bring myself to go back to FO3. :ohdear:

Also, I've got a bit of a problem. Whenever I head up into the northwest corner of the map, near Vault 22, New Vegas crashes. I've tried disabling all my mods, validating the files...Anyone else encountered something like this? It also occurs when heading west from the H&H Tools Factory, around where the...farm? starts. I haven't explored much in that area, so I'm not sure what that place is.

edit: Ah, it turns out it's only on this save game. Didn't happen on a new character I tcl'd up there. Is there anything I can do to 'save' my current character or am I going to need to start again?

I had that exact same problem and I never found a solution. I got around it by using the console to jump to Jacobstown. From there I could back track enough and hug the hills to get to the safehouse and Vault 22. I also used it to jump to the wasted caravan and managed to get out before it crashed.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I never killed Follows-Chalk but only because I knew to look for him thanks to this thread.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

Project Nevada was fantastic as far as I'm concerned. Lots of little tweaks built it, with some additional, more obvious choices if you want them. Cyberware makes implants more interesting than "grab every stat-booster your endurance can hold and maybe the +DT one for kicks" which I liked. The equipment add-on was fun, too, but somewhat superfluous after GRA and other packs. I can't tell which is which, to be honest. Sprint is invaluable, though, and I like the way the rebalanced health. It actually doesn't horribly suck to be above lvl 30 anymore.

I hear rope kid's mod is pretty solid too, but I haven't tried it thanks to my NV hiatus.

I thought the Project Nevada stealth changes were horrible though. I couldn't sneak up on anything in the trial in OWB, once I turned everything back to normal I passed it first try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

Merry Magpie posted:

Or playing a Courier suffering the aftereffects of a bullet to the brain.

I've decided to play a cannibal anarchist courier. He doesn't speak to well anymore so I'm expecting a lot of shooting. I want to double cross the NCR whenever possible before turning on Ceaser.