Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Berk Berkly posted:

Well, no, that isn't what we are talking about. BoS is pretty classic fallout in theme and location, it just attempted to translate it into an Action game instead of the isometric TBS-RPG.

Note that Bethesda did a similar thing, rehashing all the previous content and regurgitating it as a RPG-FPS, set in the capital wasteland. New Vegas brings us back to the American South West, but now with a splash of Pulp-Western and lots of fan-service/nostalgia.

Then again, maybe New Vegas is the last real Fallout game for a long time. I know LR was supposed to be the last content heavy DLC. In five or ten years we can rehash it all again with rose-tinted glasses. We will laugh about how bad the engine was(like we don't already).

Now I'm feeling kind of depressed. The second age of Fallout is over. :emo:

I would expect Fallout 4 within the next couple of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Chairman Mao posted:

I'm using Fellout to remove the green filter. I don't think I could stand playing it the regular way again.

Edit: I almost think I want to blaze through 3 as quick as I can now and go and try Fallout 2. Honestly it looks like it has more of what I enjoy about the Fallout games than 3 does.

Everyone in this thread should play Fallout 1 and 2. Playing 3 before the originals? Heck no!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Francois Kofko posted:

i tried to play the first one and died to some rats outside the vault, said 'gently caress this' and quit

Jesus, it's no wonder developers have to make games so easy these days.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Francois Kofko posted:

its true, i'm a major stockholder and my skill at video games is brought up at every meeting

No, rather I think that your attitude is pretty common these days. That's all.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Hitting the windows key should work if CTALDEL doesnt.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Get them all and play them in order if you really are into the story. The new story arc really drew me in.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

What boggles my mind is that people keep playing after QUEST FAILED QUEST FAILED QUEST FAILED without realizing something went wrong.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

woodenchicken posted:

Just finished the last piece of DLC. Obsidian are kind of hit or miss for me, but this was the best game in many years, holy poo poo. Now reading the wiki to find all the minor connections that I've missed. If Bethesda decide to make FO4 themselves, I'll be super disappointed.

Prepare for disappointment.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

HH, if just taken at face value, doesn't seem like the best DLC. But if you really explore and find the "hidden" backstory, it is just stellar. Really did a lot to flesh out the Fallout universe in my mind.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I felt like the Survivalist added a lot of depth to it.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

It is not possible to patch DLC on Steam, so you can look forward to that issue for the rest of your life.

Interestingly enough, as I recall rope kid told us that that NPC was flagged 'invulnerable' when the DLC was uploaded to Steam. Who knows what happened after that.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I feel like you should at least finish it. I thought parts were incredibly obnoxious, but was satisfied with the whole thing at the end.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Chronojam posted:

A big piece of which you would prefer is probably play order. If you played Fallout 3 as your first real open world game, and your first Fallout, you would probably prefer it better because New Vegas would seem off in many ways.

If you played Fallout 1 or 2, and perhaps had experience with a similar open world game, I'd wager you will prefer New Vegas. It just fits into the storyline and setting much better, to such a degree that if you had FO3 first you would see New Vegas as the outsider.

Bingo. I can't imagine anyone playing FO1 and FO2 and preferring F3 to NV. It just doesn't make sense.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Aside from that one scripted event, it was also buggy as gently caress and disappeared sometimes. I was always pretty careful with my saves back then.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Withdrawal Plans posted:

I have almost 2600 hours put into this game

You're about 10 more minutes of gametime away from an intervention man.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

DeathSandwich posted:

I wound up buying this during the steam sale and have played it pretty much non-stop since then. I'm 30 hours in and I've been playing a Energy weapons/science/lockpick character and teamed up with Boone so dudes can't even get close to us to start poo poo. I just got the platinum chip back via using the Black Widow perk and murdering Benny after sleeping with him :buddy: and I haven't even started any DLC stuff yet, and I'm already considering restarting the game as a High Str/end explosives/meelee guy.

I need help :smithicide:

Make sure next time you play as Confirmed Bachelor. It allows you to play as this sort of alpha male that even the dudes can't resist. That's how I play every time, cause I don't want to play as some limpwristed little bitch.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Huh. The source references both fallout.css and a bunch of prepareforthefuture.com images. The survivor would kinda fit into that Vault Dweller, Chosen One, Lone Wanderer, Courier line.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Or what if it was aliens...

I'm sorry guys, that would just be retarded.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

Was Doc Holiday gay in that movie? I can't remember.

No dude, what're you talking about? It's cause he was such an alpha male.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It happened to a lot, possibly even most people. Good thing that they thought of that and made him invincible pre-dialogue!

They DID think of that and DID make him invincible pre-dialogue, if I remember right. Something got hosed up when it was being uploaded to Steam or something, that's what rope kid said.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Confirmed Bachelor is perfect for alpha males. No time for weak woman bullshit when you are busy wrestling hairy, sweaty, partially nude Legion soldiers to the ground and showing them how dominant you are.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

rope kid my birthday isn't until November but if you want to announce your involvement in a new Fallout even before that it would be okay.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

amigolupus posted:

Ah nice! I never got to play FO1 and 2

It's not too late, friend!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Anyone have a link or screen caps of that post where Bloody Hedgehog realises that Confirmed Bachelor is a euphemism for gay dude?

I wish. The memory still makes me chuckle.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Fallout 1 and 2 are the prequels in a sense to New Vegas; no-brainer for me. Want to know where the NCR came from? In a way, who is responsible for its very existence.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Arcanum is so good. You really don't get games like that anymore. I bought it at release and probably beat it a dozen times.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

It's crazy how good the Fallout 1 and 2 soundtrack was.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Asked in the other thread too, but did anything come of Chris Avellone's "I missed you so much" Pip Boy comic? Did I miss something?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

You think? F76 wasn't announced yet if I recall.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Josh Sawyer has a new project. It's happening, folks.

Fallout: New Vegas 2: Arcanum

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Yeah, apparently.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Yeah just Josh Sawyer saying he's working on something that isn't Grounded or Avowed. Don't wanna make it seem like something it isn't.

Besides maybe F:NV2.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

It's weird that Microsoft owning Fallout is actually feeling like a good thing.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Wasteland 4: Fallout 5: New Vegas 2

A mobile game.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I always felt like the tribal stuff had a little Earth Abides in it. When did that book come out...

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I've been playing Torment on the Nintendo Switch and with the new control scheme I really think Fallout 1 and 2 would be awesome that way.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

gently caress a Fallout 1 remake would rule. Don't change anything about the text or voices.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

Don't worry dude I fixed it for ya

I don't disagree. I guess for changes I mean mostly like Planescape Torment got

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

NorgLyle posted:

** EDIT: I also almost always destroy the Khans because I am old enough to have played Fallout 1 and 2 at release and gently caress those guys and their fake rear end 'culture'. Bunch of damned raiders who have done nothing but make trouble for me for literal decades. :tif:

It's funny, since this is the same reason I have such a soft spot for the NCR. Shady Sands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Has everyone here played Pentiment? Just want to draw attention to it if any NV players weren't aware. What a killer game.