Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

DeathChicken posted:

Also you can go murder the Silver Rush and you're basically set for life on weapons

You should just do this on general principle because Rose of Sharon Cassidy is your friend and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Welp, I finally done did it. I beat Fallout New Vegas. My one complaint is, like others in this thread have said, Legate Lanius is a pretty lame final boss. I give the game points for at least trying to make him seem like a big deal (lots of NPCs talking about what a scary fellow he is), but when push comes to shove he was just some rear end in a top hat in a mask who went down in a few seconds. Of course, since I was going the free Vegas route, right after Legate's crushination I got a much more interesting scene with General Lee Oliver. I chose to talk him down instead of killing him and I tried to do it as politely as possible because I really do have no hate for the NCR. Sure they need to fix a lot of the problems they have in the upper ranks of their government and they need to quit it with the whole Manifest destiny thing when they can barely care for the territory they already have, but ultimately they seem like a decent civilization and I hope they and the newly independent Mojave can maintain good trade relations. In addition, NCR tourism would probably be great for the economy.

I'm a little concerned about Yes Man saying he's going to reprogram his own brain to make himself more assertive, to bad this game has no direct sequel because I would love to have seen how that played out.

Overall I give the main game a 10/10 and the DLC an 11/10, I had a fantastic time playing this it's now easily one of my favorite games.

Now play it 6 more times in a row, except try to start other games in the mean time and immediately return to NV.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well not everyone can deliver the Top Ten Facts YOU didn't know about DARTH VADER'S SUIT.

The Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center is a powerful and poignant entry into the greater star wars universe

Ulysses is 100% saved by his voice actor who i would listen to reading anything

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Orange Crush Rush posted:

realizing why that one Centurion had a locked box full of toys, teddy bears and a comic book was a pretty :smith: moment

which centurion is that? i never caught that before..

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

UED Special Ops posted:

Aurelius of Phoenix stationed in Cottenwood Cove. He usually stays inside the Cove HQ. He also has cigarette packs and beer bottles in his room too, despite the whole Legion ban on items like that, so either dev oversite or speaking of his character and bending/breaking of some Legion rules.

I just went and looked at that, teddy bear, toy cars, comic books, weird meat hook by his bed. I'm never gonna be able to do a legion run.

edit: incidentally, what started as wanting to look at this very quickly evolved into a god mode mini nuke 30 minute murder spree and i highly recommend everyone partake at some point.

Giga Gaia fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 7, 2019

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

UED Special Ops posted:

Hopefully you freed the enslaved family first, or at least avoided them during your cleansing of the Legion there.

does it make a difference if i felt really guilty when i remembered they were there?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

chaosapiant posted:

Anyone play New Vegas on Windows 10? Ever since I migrated, the game crashes on me fairly regularly. This is with nvac/casm/4gb patch installed as well, and no other mods aside from the official ones. Wasn't sure if there was something I'm missing? I've done a completely brand new install and removed all old config files, there are no old mods, etc.

if you have stutter remover and its still happening, try editing sr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover.ini and setting bReplaceHeap to 1 instead of 0.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

God help me, the weather getting nice has me contemplating another playthrough.

Let's see what gifts the Mojave has for us.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

Gotta give Caesar the hairpiece

caesar gets a beanie and gets real mad if you try to take it off his head

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

happy birthday to this future leader of humanity

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

ropekid did a cool talk about making games that lets you kill everyone but it seems like the twitch vid is gone.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

yeah that was good too but...

rope kid posted:

I gave the talk at Graz Game Dev Days and GIC in Poznań, Poland.

The videos are down but I put the slides here:

https://www.scribd.com/document/425729458/Death-and-the-High-Cost-of-Killing-Everyone

is the one. you're good at giving these types of presentations, ropekid. outside of ars technicas war stories series they're the only game dev discussion/talks ive watched. ars should have you do a war stories on pillars. bet theres something rad there.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

IllustriousChen posted:

Marty Robbins will always be first in my heart, but Cash has a pretty strong version that I had never heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNS1cShnh6c

you should listen to all the rick rubin/cash albums asap

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1nn-tp26KE

Honestly the fact they got vehicles working at all in this engine is impressive as all hell.

:eyepop: how the hell did they rig that up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

i mean even if theyre using the hat trick, it looks shockingly good for a fan project and that engine