Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

FAO of anybody who listened to the drug court episode: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/blog/2011/11/judge-amanda-williams-faces-charges

Awesome, thanks for posting this, I wouldn't have found out otherwise. I can't wait to follow this, I'm glad she didn't step down, I hope all the horrible things she's done come out.

And I'm catching up on my backlog of downloaded episodes, I just finished Auto Show and now I want to see one of those Db Drag Races, I think it would be hilarious to witness.

ilysespieces fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

maniacripper posted:

The best comedy bit from This American Life, I think it was on the power-mad janitor episode, I could be wrong.
Kumail Nanjiani
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keypPSIu7o0

I remember that one, it was from the episode Million Dollar Idea. I have no idea why it was in there, it came out of nowhere right after the segment on elevator speeches and the competition for them. Apparently it was it's own act, which I obviously forgot/didn't realize at the time.

That episode was one of my favorites, the final act was the one about the guy who beat Press Your Luck and it was fascinating.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

maniacripper posted:

Yeah that was a really interesting story. The cigarette companies hiring marketers to market the killing ability in cigs was weird though. Did the results get leaked or was their final pitch put out with full faith by the companies? I forget.

I think they said after the initial backlash of the study being released by the companies that they just stopped talking about it altogether. Unless you're asking something different and I'm just misunderstanding what you're saying.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Liberty Valance posted:

Yeah, it was a waste of resources and all, but we only heard one side of the story. I think most of the guy's story was likely bullshit.

That's how I felt about it, as well.
And the Hostages episode was great, that last story was interesting how someone can do so much poo poo and gently caress up so many people's lives and there's nothing anyone can do about it to prevent him from doing it again.

• Locked thread