Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

Petty Tyrant is one of my favorites.

Story about a janitor that finagles himself to a supervisor position through fraud and deception then moves on to arson, vandalism, and terrorism .

I also get to see Ira Glass live in November :)

Mrens fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 1, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

danifestmestny posted:

Do you recall what episode numbers those were?

The talk show one is Last Man Standing

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

tooooooo bad posted:

I always really enjoy the shows where they dig deep into and investigate a topic.

They have two good episodes like that on the mortgage crisis Giant Pool of Money and Toxie

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

It's been a while since David Sedaris has been on I forgot he used to be much more regular.

He has always been one of my favorites, the story Cry me a Liver hit's particularly close to home and is one I adore.

PI Moms is fantastic, I highly recommend it.

That episode was a roller coaster of crazy, can anyone recommend stories about criminals conspiracies?

Not just criminal governmental and corporate grand schemes are also welcome.

Mrens fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 1, 2011

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

NmareBfly posted:

I'm not quite sure why you spoilered that, but try ...

It was a newer episode, I had an impression of what the episode would be based on the description, and I enjoy it when an episode spins off into crazy town and has little to do with the original title, why spoil that for others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

I saw Ira Glass live yesterday, it was a lot of fun, he talked about his experience on the show, had a bunch of unused clips from other episodes, elaborated on what it takes to make just one episode, he also took questions from the audience which were great.

• Locked thread