Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

If 2010-2011 were the time for roguelikes to suddenly get respect, this year might be a new dawn for space strategy: real time, turn-based, 4X, squad-based, combat... new and shiny stuff is coming out left and right. It'll be a brief morning though. Matrix might want to get on the damned trolley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Here's a direct link to Matrix's announcement if you don't want to deal with a moronic blog:

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/949/Distant.Worlds.-.Legends.Receives.Massive.Update.and.Sale!

Even still, Matrix doesn't make it easy to figure out exactly what you want to buy. To anyone willing to part with the $60: enjoy your investment and come back and tell folks how awesome this game is. For my part, I won't be buying it until it realizes it's a PC game and that the current year is 2012.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

oogs posted:

I bought this after watching a Let's Play w/ the Star Trek Picard Era mod.

A what, now? No link?

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Also the game and expansions are on sale. About $60 instead of $90! Still too high for me, I'm a patient lad and I will continue to wait.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Ignoring strict profit and money for the moment, though not abandoning it, as people who either play the game or who simply want to, or those who just want others to enjoy the game like they do: we are all staggered by the $90 entry fee, and the apparent choice to entrench the game in an obscure, niche storefront, who say they know what is best for the game itself and its players. It's not just annoying, it's infuriating, at worst, alienating for people who actually like the game.

It's just dumb all around.

edit: much like my post.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 3, 2013

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

As it increases performance you probably want it. The game ran insanely poor prior to this engine update.

They don't apply engine optimizations to the base game? That's kinda lame.

superfutureedit: Scratch that, it's completely lame, given how much they want for all the expansions. F these guys.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Aug 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Lorini posted:

Yikes! I really wouldn't recommend Stardrive...the game isn't finished and the designer has already said he's done with it, took everyone's money to do his 'real' game.

Wow, that game went nowhere. Like the comment right after yours, it was everyone going, "Space Bears!" and saying they'd automatically buy it. He should do a game with kittens in the artwork for his next project.

• Locked thread