Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

tangy yet delightful posted:

Does anyone have any thoughts and/or opinions regarding the Hearing Protection Act (wa-po article) actually passing both houses and being signed into law by Trump?

Please keep answers specifically related to the bill and not a political derail.

Highly unlikely. It's been over hyped and oversold. Ironically the manufacturers that have hyped the bill have done a lot of damage to their industry as the hype has practically stalled suppressor sales. This was compounded by 41p/f. SilencerCo layed off a bunch of employees. Gemco recently sold to S&W. The fact is that this bill may take years to even come to a vote (if ever). It's already been 7 months and Congress hasn't even gotten past healthcare. After that it'll probably be budgets and infrastructure. Who knows when it'll come up. While all the while no one is buying suppressors because HPA hype.

Steeltalon fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

So how bad is it for an out of state dealer to ship a silencer directly to you instead of your class III dealer?? Hypothetically speaking of course.....

No big deal just drop it off with the class III and pretend nothing happened?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

If that happened to me, that's probably what I'd do.

After it was in my local dealer's possession I'd call up and yell at the out-of-state dealer though.

Craptacular fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 20, 2017

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Steeltalon posted:

Highly unlikely. It's been over hyped and oversold. Ironically the manufacturers that have hyped the bill have done a lot of damage to their industry as the hype has practically stalled suppressor sales. This was compounded by 41p/f. SilencerCo layed off a bunch of employees. Gemco recently sold to S&W. The fact is that this bill may take years to even come to a vote (if ever). It's already been 7 months and Congress hasn't even gotten past healthcare. After that it'll probably be budgets and infrastructure. Who knows when it'll come up. While all the while no one is buying suppressors because HPA hype.

Kind of what I thought but I was hoping I was wrong.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Cool new SilencerCo stuff.

A better suppressor (or, just A Suppressor) for your MP5SD build: https://silencerco.com/silencers/omega-9sd

Smaller 3 lug mount for their Octane/Omega K/Hybrid cans: https://www.store.silencerco.com/products/3-lug-mount

Craptacular posted:

If that happened to me, that's probably what I'd do.

After it was in my local dealer's possession I'd call up and yell at the out-of-state dealer though.

This.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

This video is terribly depressing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCwSgVM87_E

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

158 grains of smiley powered justice

so that capitol armory tirant 45 deal, buy two silencers get a tirant 45 free.

Is that three $200 fees or one?

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

stgdz posted:

Is that three $200 fees or one?

Three, you have to pay one per item

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

It's looking like the end is nigh for my dad. He's in end-stage renal failure and rejecting both his heart and kidney.

What forms will I need to transfer his machine guns and AOWs when he's gone? Does anyone know the procedure for that?

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

Sorry to hear that.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/are-there-any-exemptions-making-or-transfer-tax-provisions-nfa
Tax exempt transfer of a firearm to a lawful heir: ATF Form 5.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/form-5-application-tax-exempt-transfer-and-registration-firearm-atf-form-53205/download

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

Can I run one form? There's four items to transfer. Or should I just fill out what's common on the online form, print four copies and submit them when the time comes?

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

Exit Strategy posted:

Can I run one form? There's four items to transfer. Or should I just fill out what's common on the online form, print four copies and submit them when the time comes?

I've never done it but given the way NFA transfer works I'd bet you have to have an item per form. Sounds like the latter idea would be a good strategy, get all the common fields in one form and print copies (probably in duplicate like form 1s/4s so you'd have 8 forms actually), then each pair of forms would have the gun's info. Plus signatures, copies to the CLEO blah blah.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/665412613

Just in case anyone wants one.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

I keep forgetting this thread exists and that someone should probably update it and make a new OP. Someone who is up to date on this stuff and can maintain it. Therefore not me.

I'm totally cool with that idea since I have to be an adult and have a real job.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Insane Totoro posted:

I keep forgetting this thread exists and that someone should probably update it and make a new OP. Someone who is up to date on this stuff and can maintain it. Therefore not me.

I'm totally cool with that idea since I have to be an adult and have a real job.

I can write up a new OP if no one else wants to. But I'm already the OP on two other relatively large megathreads so if someone else wants to do it, I don't want to monopolize anything.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

You know your stuff so if you don't mind doing it I'll second the idea.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

If I learned one thing from goons is that it's easier to take the lead and do a thing and just ignore the whining. And then back up your actions consistently without demeaning yourself on their level.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

OK, gimme a couple days. The current OP isn't bad, so I'll probably reuse large parts of it.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Someone come up with a good thread title.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

"I Shushed Insane Totoro: Shhhhhhhhhhh!"

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

(don't actually use that I am just bored at work)

Also let Craptacular do a thing. I prefer signal over noise.

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

Craptacular posted:

gently caress the BATFE.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

General Suppressor NFA thread: The paperwork has been pain in the rear end since 1934
or just
NFA: Pain in the rear end since 34'

NFA Thread: According to the paperwork they are silencers

NFA Thread: Suppressors, SBRs, AOWs, and occasionally a machine gun

I dunno, nothing clever here. I'm a literal person.

E:
NFA: Collecting stamps since 1934

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

TFR Philatelic Society

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Insane Totoro posted:

TFR Philatelic Society

Oooh OK I got a good idea now.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Wizard of Whistling Death

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Craptacular posted:

The stamp collecting thread

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Hmmm...
http://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/

plateau?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Has anyone done 5320.20s lately? What's the turn around like? I sent in two a week ago and kinda need them back by october.... I should have done this earlier!

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Capone's misguided children

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Bummey posted:

Has anyone done 5320.20s lately? What's the turn around like? I sent in two a week ago and kinda need them back by october.... I should have done this earlier!

You should be fine. I got one back in the spring in about a month.

Hubbins
Sep 3, 2007
THIS is what a Hubbins looks like.

Sten Freak posted:

NFA: Collecting stamps since 1934

This has my vote.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Close it up. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828242

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Nice job.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!

Nap Ghost

Great work Craptacular! I liked "collecting stamps since 1934" or "a more expensive form of philately" but your thread title was pretty great too

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

bye oldthread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

RIP

• Locked thread