Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2322 »
  • Locked thread
doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Weird thought; in Demon's Souls, the crow was asking for something shiny because she was building a nest. Now she's looking for something warm, something soft, because she's got eggs in her nest.

In... whatever Souls the third DS is, I'm betting the eggs will have hatched and she'll be looking for food for her chicks. "Something juicy, something fresh!"

Also, I'd kind of like to see boss soul armour ascensions. Even though the sum of boss souls in Dark Souls is virtually identical to the sum in Demon's Souls, the game is so much grander in scope it feels insufficient.
I have like, maybe three things about the game that bother me just a bit, and that's one of them. The game is almost perfect for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Elysiume posted:

I'm actually planning to head over there now, so I'll see!

This guy is really mad about me killing him in the forest. I started using the ring again, because I tend to invade people who are well over double my level and it evens the field a small amount.
The worst is when you get invaders who finally realize they are way in over their head and they go afk in some remote corner of the forest. Sometimes I really can't find them so I have to go engage Sif and that allows me to reset the zone.

All in all forest PvP is pretty mediocre, although hilarious if you are geared for it. Most of the people that invade me just seem like people trying to get their fog ring.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Rascyc posted:

The worst is when you get invaders who finally realize they are way in over their head and they go afk in some remote corner of the forest. Sometimes I really can't find them so I have to go engage Sif and that allows me to reset the zone.

All in all forest PvP is pretty mediocre, although hilarious if you are geared for it. Most of the people that invade me just seem like people trying to get their fog ring.
I have very, very few fights that are...fights. My build probably is partially to blame; I geared for low level assisting and my stat spread is 10 vit, 12 att, 18 end, 24 str, 14 dex. Low vit/end and a lightning zweihander +4 means I hit hard and can't take hits. Either way, every fight seems to be me 1-2 shotting some poor guy, I get backstabbed in the face, or somebody who is a monstrously high level takes almost no damage from getting hit. I'm pretty sure I've fought people who used the infinite souls glitch, because nobody should be taking that little damage.

Then there are Fog vs Fog fights which consist of blind swings until somebody connects a few times.

Assisting is way more fun but getting summoned is about as easy as crawling through knives.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Hello this video owns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esk2nuLGKzY

bat duck
Jul 22, 2001

Just gonna go ahead and post this again

bat duck posted:

So, Rhea isn't down in the tomb... I killed Petrus right before going down there, did that gently caress it up? This is getting loving annoying. Last run I saved her, but I didn't know she was in church nor that shed be killed if I didn't kill Petrus. How am I supposed to know these things?
I'd really like to know before I kill nito

bat duck fucked around with this message at Oct 24, 2011 around 22:51

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

One of my favorite places to invade is Sen's Fortress. I've maxed out my pyromancy but kept my level at a reasonable 45, so I'm able to invade pretty much every time I throw down the red eye stone. Folks tend to get a little antsy when it says they are being invaded in an area where so much of the environment itself can kill you, so they often dash to the beginning of the fortress to summon some super duper phantom friends to kill me. By that time I've found a great place to position myself, usually on the walkway that crosses over the first one, and when they take to dashing along to catch up to me I chuck a chaos fireball in their path, which most fail to notice also leaves a lava puddle. It's enough to either cause them to freak out and roll out of the lava and down into the pit to their death (by fall or titanite demon) or they hesitate and get knocked down by a pendulum blade. Those that don't die by that method then have to deal with me setting off dart traps along the chase to the top.

I still like to engage in battle a lot when it is just the player and myself, but once the phantoms come I have no problem playing dirty.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

bat duck posted:

Just gonna go ahead and post this again

I'd really like to know before I kill nito

It shouldn't have messed anything up, as I killed Petrus before traversing the Tomb and was able to interact with Rhea in the Parish just fine. You did encounter hollowed what's-his-face and Nico, yes? Or were they not there either?

bat duck
Jul 22, 2001

ireladd posted:

It shouldn't have messed anything up, as I killed Petrus before traversing the Tomb and was able to interact with Rhea in the Parish just fine. You did encounter hollowed what's-his-face and Nico, yes? Or were they not there either?

None of them where there.

My route skipped depths and most of blighttown if it matters.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cinroth posted:

Hello this video owns

I can't believe I watched the whole thing.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Cinroth posted:

Hello this video owns

I have no idea what's going on here.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Cinroth posted:

Hello this video owns

This is hilarious. I'm honestly a little stunned the dragon invader didn't twig what's going on when he threw a prismatic stone out right in front of him.

Pope Mobile posted:

I have no idea what's going on here.

He's disguised himself as an NPC that shows up only when you join the forest hunters covenant, and the other two guys are just glossing over his presence because he looks just like him and is in his spot.

e: If the basic stance wasn't different I'd almost experiment with disguising myself as a hollow spear soldier in the Parish.

doomfunk fucked around with this message at Oct 24, 2011 around 22:57

Lizard Wizard
Dec 25, 2004

mep, mep

So hey, is the Gargoyle Tail Axe worth using or should I keep rocking my +5 Claymore?

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

bat duck posted:

None of them where there.

My route skipped depths and most of blighttown if it matters.

If you don't kill the Capra Demon/Gaping Dragon, Rhea will never appear and go to the catacombs. If you kill Petrus before Rhea shows up (which I think is triggered by defeating Capra Demon), they will be hostile to you and I don't think they'll depart. I'm not sure if she'll depart if you get absolution.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Reich Joyce posted:

Lost my souls in the lava . Shame I couldn't find them in there while looking at magma brighter than the loving sun! That level is like staring into a solaire eclipse.

Excellent typo

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

gravyflood posted:

So hey, is the Gargoyle Tail Axe worth using or should I keep rocking my +5 Claymore?

I took it to +5 divine and it's okay. Hardly the best weapon. I used it to break into the Catacombs and that's it. It has a couple nice points; its reach on its R1 is... weird, it's not quite the full length of the axe but it's longer than the other smaller axes, and its swing speed is identical to the battleaxe so that's kind of nice. The marginal boost in resistances is okay too.

I'd stick with the Claymore.

bat duck
Jul 22, 2001

Roguelike posted:

If you don't kill the Capra Demon/Gaping Dragon, Rhea will never appear and go to the catacombs. If you kill Petrus before Rhea shows up (which I think is triggered by defeating Capra Demon), they will be hostile to you and I don't think they'll depart. I'm not sure if she'll depart if you get absolution.

Off to the depths then, hopefully you're wrong about the departing part

EAThief
Aug 28, 2006

I swear it's not what you think

Cinroth posted:

Hello this video owns

Yup, gonna have to do this now

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex

O+S: How loving far away do I have to roll to escape Mega-Smough's lightning butt stomp? Seems like it fills the entire room and one-hits me every time.

gently caress this fight. Goddamn it's tough solo.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Cinroth posted:

Hello this video owns

Hahah, this is the best thing. I love just how well he gets away with it and everything.

Him tossing a Prism Stone right in front of a guy and the guy just staring at him for a bit.

sentrygun fucked around with this message at Oct 24, 2011 around 23:17

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Hatter106 posted:

O+S: How loving far away do I have to roll to escape Mega-Smough's lightning butt stomp? Seems like it fills the entire room and one-hits me every time.

It's very avoidable and only covers about half the room at most, but I would recommend avoiding closing to melee range with him if at all possible. When you're that close, yeah, I had mixed luck running far enough away. He's a lot easier to deal with at range, where he just does his little push broom-style attack at you.

... either that, or just summon a phantom, because yeah, gently caress doing that fight solo.

Speaking of, I never did find Solaire's sign for that one, and I looked all over. It was supposed to be in the room right outside the fog door, on the stairs where the silver knight archer is. Nadda. I checked that entire drat room. I also never figured out what the little glowing circle that kept appearing in that room was supposed to be, it looked like a white version of the thing you use to go to Anor Lando the first time.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Hatter106 posted:

Two <50% rolls directly backwards were enough to clear me of it every time.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

THAT'S IT!
I'VE COME UP WITH A
NEW DISCOUNT!

Hey, playing right now, bumped my router off and turned it back on. Not seeing messages or ghosts anymore, even though I'm connected to Live and I can get a reading off the Book of the Guilty. Tried quitting the game and resetting to the dashboard, nothing. Any ideas?

waspinator
Oct 18, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Lol, someone's messaging me asking to make a "best of" of my trials and tribulations on stream today. Should be hilarious.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

They'll name a Happy Meal after me! That is, assuming they even have the concept of Happy Meals on
the other side!

Hatter106 posted:

Raise your shield.

Lizard Wizard
Dec 25, 2004

mep, mep

doomfunk posted:

I took it to +5 divine and it's okay. Hardly the best weapon. I used it to break into the Catacombs and that's it. It has a couple nice points; its reach on its R1 is... weird, it's not quite the full length of the axe but it's longer than the other smaller axes, and its swing speed is identical to the battleaxe so that's kind of nice. The marginal boost in resistances is okay too.

I'd stick with the Claymore.

Honestly, my biggest concern is that I'd have to put like four more points into dex. I need my endurance...

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cinroth posted:

Hello this video owns

I don't think that'd be very reliable. NPCs don't look like that when you invade, they look like ghosts because you can't directly interact with them. I have to believe that most people would notice this.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Volitaire posted:

I don't think that'd be very reliable. NPCs don't look like that when you invade, they look like ghosts because you can't directly interact with them. I have to believe that most people would notice this.

But, that rule is different for the forest covenant.

And I think they were afraid of attacking shiva and getting booted from the covenant.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

THAT'S IT!
I'VE COME UP WITH A
NEW DISCOUNT!

Hahaha, dicking around in the Gaping Dragon's lair waiting to be summoned and I tried hitting a wall with my sword. Turns out they coded in an echo sound effect in wide open areas. What a nice little touch

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

Wow. So I drained New Londo last night.

I need a drink. Make that ten drinks.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ineffiable posted:

But, that rule is different for the forest covenant.

And I think they were afraid of attacking shiva and getting booted from the covenant.

So Shiva doesn't look like a ghost if you invade with the ring? I never invade in the forest so I don't know.

They should have at least realized they could lock on.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Volitaire posted:

So Shiva doesn't look like a ghost if you invade with the ring? I never invade in the forest so I don't know.

They're unbelievably dumb, yes, they should have locked on to him.

I wish my opponents were all that bad...

bat duck
Jul 22, 2001

Roguelike posted:

Killed capra and gaping, went back to firelink and saw Rhea and her party there but didnt get close so theyd attack, went to tomb, found Rhea. And now she wont loving talk to me...

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Volitaire posted:

Shiva will only be there when you invade if the player had been in the forest hunters and betrayed them. The reason he would not appear as a ghost like other NPCs is at that point he will attack players on sight. He still appeared in my game after I betrayed the Forest Hunters even though I was no longer one of them.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

bat duck posted:

Killed capra and gaping, went back to firelink and saw Rhea and her party there but didnt get close so theyd attack, went to tomb, found Rhea. And now she wont loving talk to me...

Guess you need to spend a bunch of money...

bat duck
Jul 22, 2001

Pash posted:

Guess you need to spend a bunch of money...

On what? I wasn't in their covenant.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Doesn't matter. You killed a covenant member. Not just any member, either, but a recruiter.

She mad.

bat duck
Jul 22, 2001

Ok, this is strange. Shes sitting down in the tomb, and at the same time she and her party is in firelink.

Nuts and Gum
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Perhaps one of you kind goons can help me out. I'm SL 28, still rocking the Drake Sword, a Caduceus Round Shield, and the heaviest armor I can find. I'm stuck in the New Londo Ruins where you approach the building that has the 'guardian' on top. I killed him from afar with arrows as I thought he was bad, hopefully I'm not hosed, although I did get a key.

I can't make it into this building without getting royally gang banged. If I try to lure the ghosts out a few at a time I inevitably fall into the water because the targeting system sucks my balls. Am I at an appropriate SL to be in this area? I'd love to travel to Anor Londo so I could have a working Bonfire in the Firelink Shrine, but I can't even figure out how to get there

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Fargin Icehole posted:

It's like the end of a pilgrimage for castlevania fans who think they can still make a decent whip weapon, so they go into human form to kill the dude.

They, like me, ended up being greatly dissapointed. I think to rub salt on the wound, I got murdered by a fog ninja player that spammed pyromancy AoEs right after i acquired it.

Late, but I went up and grabbed it at lvl 40 in between babysitting sessions of anor londo without any trouble; but yeah the whip was kind of disappointing for anything other than entertainment value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

So i went back to the asylum to get the iron rusty ring or whatever and the gate is still locked. Where do i find the key for this lock?

• Locked thread
«2322 »