Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYxicEEuGLk&feature=related This guy is a bit overgeared (some spoilers). It is hilarious to watch if you've been to this area and know how god drat hard it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Bobnumerotres posted:

I have bad news for you, they removed crushing and dex-based weapons. Go faith/magic and make divine weapons, you'll deal far more damage than if you just dip 30 points into strength.

Yeah, they really hosed up the weapon upgrading system this time around.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I got the ring by standing on that little catwalk and rolling off right onto it. Then I got stabbed. Badly.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ixjuvin posted:

If you dodge while he's winding up he will just reorient himself and hit you regardless, you need to dodge while he is actually swinging downwards. If he hits you you're pretty much hosed anyways so yeah strip down and 2hand your weapon.

Yea thanks, that was a drat joke after I stopped trying to block anything.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Bobnumerotres posted:

I have bad news for you, they removed crushing and dex-based weapons. Go faith/magic and make divine weapons, you'll deal far more damage than if you just dip 30 points into strength.

Uhhh what? I don't really know what that means because I didn't play Demon Souls...I already have 25 strength :( I have 20 endurance and 20 vit too so it's not like I'm a low level to just start pumping faith and magic. I also don't know how divine weapons work :(

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

So about how much strength do you need?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

What is the drat trick with the shield holding spear skeletons? I can never seem to break past their shield with my sword swings.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

I talked to a dude there and somehow I'm automatically in his covenant? Because he's a merchant too, but now there is an option to leave it...which one is it, even?

Naw, that option is there even if you're not in any covenants. He just lets you leave any of them.

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
So, i'm stuck in Anor Londo and for the life of me cannot beat the fat guy and that lion suitted spear guy. Is there any way for me to get out of this place, or am I stuck farming for hours until I can beat the boss?

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Comrade Flynn posted:

What is the drat trick with the shield holding spear skeletons? I can never seem to break past their shield with my sword swings.

Kick them.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

What? You can KICK them? How the hell?

Edit: WELP figured it out. That's handy.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
^^^tap forward+r1/rb

Comrade Flynn posted:

Kick them, 2h a weapon and break their guard, or hit their shield and they should try to hit you, block it and kill them.

If these are hard for you you're in for all sorts of surprises :shobon:

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Im_Special posted:

Going to ask this again because this thread moves fast, I wanted to know, do I have to join the Way of the White to be able to learn/perform the healing miracle? I want to get it but do not want to join that covenant. Thanks

I didn't join his covenant, and he started offering to sell me miracles when his friends showed up, which I think is triggered by ringing the first bell.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

deadtear posted:

If these are hard for you you're in for all sorts of surprises :shobon:

I don't think it's like that. The dudes were annoying to me until I realized that I couldn't kick while wielding a scimitar, I could only do some worthless slash and jump back move (which ended up getting me killed when I accidentally triggered it fighting some rats next to a very long drop).

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

Yeah, they really hosed up the weapon upgrading system this time around.

That is probably the only thing about this game that's worse than DS though, don't forget in DS magic was pretty much putting the game in baby mode.

!amicable posted:

So about how much strength do you need?
It depends really. To use the majority of the items in the game you need about 14 strength. If you want to use things like the Great Axe/Sword, tower shields, etc. you're going to need way more, like 20+, and at that point it might as well be your focus. But no more than 26 to be able to hold any item in the game.

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 7, 2011

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

I am terrible at this game.

Eiderann
Jan 28, 2007

Restrict the restless hands, which quickly become the workmates of the Outsider.
I just had a railgun of invasions on my end while I was in the Depths. Three people in less than 20 minutes of exploration and edging my way around. Sweet, sweet humanity.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Funkmaster General posted:

I didn't join his covenant, and he started offering to sell me miracles when his friends showed up, which I think is triggered by ringing the first bell.

Nice, I just got to the chapel, opened up the shortcut and called it a day, so I'm close to that bell ringing thing, hope it works.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009

Eiderann posted:

I just had a railgun of invasions on my end while I was in the Depths. Three people in less than 20 minutes of exploration and edging my way around. Sweet, sweet humanity.

Is that counting the scripted black phantom?

the Paper
Aug 12, 2003

SUP GANGSTA BRUTHAS. I BE DA BIGGEST PIMP IN DA HOOD
Okay I just died exploring the darkroot place, there are these two huge soldier dudes that completely destroyed me. I ran in and got some elite armor. Am I supposed to be there? I already rang the first bell, but am just exploring.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Where can you get cracked red eye orbs beyond the four that you get near the beginning of the game?

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

Baseball bro'ing at a super-high level
Holy poo poo you guys weren't kidding about Blighttown and the swamp, this place is the worst. I cannot wait to down this spider chick and be done with the place. Thankfully she seems fairly easy, even though I died my first attempt.

Eiderann
Jan 28, 2007

Restrict the restless hands, which quickly become the workmates of the Outsider.

PurplieNurplie posted:

Is that counting the scripted black phantom?

Surprisingly, no.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Possible Glitch

I just killed the red dragon with ONE arrow. He fell off and disappeared and then I got 10k souls.

Go to the top of the tower where the black knight is in the area with the armored boar. Go to the top and there should be an open spot to snipe. Hit the dragon in the head with an arrow and he should drop off and he should die.

Hopefully others can replicate this.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Risky posted:

Possible Glitch

I just killed the red dragon with ONE arrow. He fell off and disappeared and then I got 10k souls.

Go to the top of the tower where the black knight is in the area with the armored boar. Go to the top and there should be an open spot to snipe. Hit the dragon in the head with an arrow and he should drop off and he should die.

Guess this ruins the ability to get any scales from him though?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Bobnumerotres posted:

Don't things like the esotic(whatever) and the scimitar still take dex? I saw a dude selling them.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

You need the Master Key to fight Havel?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Is the multiplayer broken for anyone else on 360? I joined Blades of the Darkmoon but every time I try to invade a guilty player it just says "Failed to invade". I've also never actually been invaded or summoned by anyone.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't get why I can't play online. I am trying to beat the gargoyles right now, If I am hollowed, no one will summon me, when human I have never even seen a summon icon. I think something is broken. I see ghosts and messages though. this is so loving frustrating.

To make matters worse I was rocking them with Solaire but flasks weren't healing him for some reason and he died. Is he like loving dead now or did he just get vanquished? I thought my flasks would heal him.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 7, 2011

Unknown_PC
Oct 9, 2002

What do you mean it's not done!?

Kiranamos posted:

You need the Master Key to fight Havel?

It's either that or you need to clear Moonlight Butterfly boss for the key.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

NESguerilla posted:

I don't get why I can't play online. I am trying to beat the gargoyles right now, If I am hollowed, no one will summon me, when human I have never even seen a summon icon. I think something is broken. I see ghosts and messages though. this is so loving frustrating.

To make matters worse I was rocking them with Solaire but flasks weren't healing him for some reason and he died. Is he like loving dead now or did he just get vanquished?
I think whatever is going on is not related to the game, it's players who don't know what to do, or don't understand how valuable the multiplayer components are. I hope it fixes itself someday...

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Nigulus Rex posted:

Guess this ruins the ability to get any scales from him though?

You can't get dragon scales from him anyway, largely because he isn't a dragon, he's a drake.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Risky posted:

Possible Glitch

Exact same thing happened to me.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

By the way, has anyone noticed that the "rating" statistic displayed on messages is actually a count of how many ratings it has recieved, and NOT upvotes minus downvotes? Downvote a message and watch the number go up. Doesn't that make the ranking system entirely useless?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I see things people are dropping all over the place both to summnon dudes and their notes. When you test your connection make sure it has NAT type 2, if not you need to open ports on your router. Easiest way is to setup dmz. I'm in central US if that matters.

Funkmaster General posted:

By the way, has anyone noticed that the "rating" statistic displayed on messages is actually a count of how many ratings it has recieved, and NOT upvotes minus downvotes? Downvote a message and watch the number go up. Doesn't that make the ranking system entirely useless?

In the last game if things were voted as positive they lasted longer. So sneaky rear end in a top hat messages got voted down and disappeared and only good ones stayed. I guess they don't want you to know if 30 people voted it as positive or negative, but just that 30 voted.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 7, 2011

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

The Wise Teen posted:

Exact same thing happened to me.

I don't think it's a glitch, people were talking about it earlier in the thread. But hey if it is, then that's pretty crazy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think whatever is going on is not related to the game, it's players who don't know what to do, or don't understand how valuable the multiplayer components are. I hope it fixes itself someday...

Actually just got summoned after I posted that. I waited 20 minutes for it and it's at the first boss everyone should MP'ing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

NESguerilla posted:

Actually just got summoned after I posted that. I waited 20 minutes for it and it's at the first boss everyone should MP'ing.
Yeah, the same thing happened to me about an hour ago, right after I wrote a similar post. Maybe bitching on the internet is what causes you to be summoned?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Professor Latency posted:

I don't think it's a glitch, people were talking about it earlier in the thread. But hey if it is, then that's pretty crazy.

I can't even see the dragon's perch from that tower in my game, and I know it's there and hasn't flown away. Maybe it's bugged for the people that can't do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Professor Latency posted:

Everytime I go up to the tower though, he disappears. In fact, if you walk two steps away from the gate, his shadow disappears.

• Locked thread