Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Boosh! posted:

Any tips on Hydra for melee? Not sure if it's a bug or not but when I get close I just fall through the water

There's a very faint, but visible, land bridge you have to stay on to fight the Hydra. Walk under the waterfall to its left from your approach spot and the land bridge starts over there. When you creep close enough, it stops spitting water, which is the scary attack, and uses its heads to attack. Then you can slowly chop them off one by one. After his death, follow the faint underwater bridge past his body for another kinda-boss fight and some cool stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ok, finally got done the Depths...holy Hell, I hated that...and the Gaping Dragon will give me nightmares! :gonk:

I got a key...but I don't know where to use it...how do I even get to Blighttown? I know it's under Firelink Shrine, somehow, but I've only found Londo Ruins and Drake Valley there.

You passed a locked door just outside the boss room, but there are a few other ways in.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Funkmaster General posted:

It's better than the regular spear, and you can attack while blocking with spears. I tried a halberd and didn't find it to my taste; even with enough strength to wield it your character staggers.

You only stagger if you miss, but yeah, takes some getting used to.

Before I waste more time, can anyone confirm that the dude at the top of the church can placate hostile NPCs? if not i'm just going to murder this loving blacksmith.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ok, finally got done the Depths...holy Hell, I hated that...and the Gaping Dragon will give me nightmares! :gonk:

I got a key...but I don't know where to use it...how do I even get to Blighttown? I know it's under Firelink Shrine, somehow, but I've only found Londo Ruins and Drake Valley there.

That staircase you took down from the room with two rats and some slimes to get to the Gaping Demon? Look right immediately after you get back up from the Gaping Demon and you should see a hole in the fence. In there is a merchant and at the far end is the front door to Blighttown.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Taurus Demon:

I realized that there was a ladder behind me at the beginning, so I climbed up there and killed the two snipers. I thought I'd be able to just snipe him to death from up there like I did a few of the bosses in Demon's Souls, but the motherfucker just jumped up there and crushed me. :(

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Capsaicin posted:

Taurus Demon:

I realized that there was a ladder behind me at the beginning, so I climbed up there and killed the two snipers. I thought I'd be able to just snipe him to death from up there like I did a few of the bosses in Demon's Souls, but the motherfucker just jumped up there and crushed me. :(

You're on the right track somewhat. Use that height to do a jumping attack on him. Just run off the platform and mash the attack button when he is below you. It will take a few of those, so you have to lure him away from the ladder before you can climb back up.

squirrelnow
May 29, 2009

What do you throw away that keeps returning?
A dialogue box just popped up saying "Your summon sign disappeared." Did I get too far away from it (put it near the start of the parish, I'm just wandering around while waiting) or did someone try and fail to summon me? Anyone know?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
God I hate Blighttown so much. It is everything I hated about 4-1 and 4-2 amplified a hundred times with terrible frame rate to boot.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
(catacombs) Pinwheel is a dickbag. I killed him first try but as he was dying one of his minions got a shot off on me that killed me.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

doesn't it de-aggro hostile npcs?

It does, I just did it and now I can buy things from that merchant I hit with my sword! She should not have snuck up on me.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DeathSandwich posted:

Hey sanders, while you're reading the thread, can you pop over to the japaneese wiki and find out what the unholy property on occult upgraded weapons do? I've been wondering that for a few days now.
It says

quote:

グウィン及びその眷属に対して(邪教値÷100)倍ダメージアップ
この場合の眷属とはグウィンドリンや銀騎士、黒騎士などを指す
(白ファントムに対しては未確認)
I guess it increases damage against Gwen and her people by the amount of the unholy score divided by 100? Or something.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

squirrelnow posted:

A dialogue box just popped up saying "Your summon sign disappeared." Did I get too far away from it (put it near the start of the parish, I'm just wandering around while waiting) or did someone try and fail to summon me? Anyone know?

You wandered too far. There are invisible boundaries where it will deactivate your sign because you crossed into another zone.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~
I don't suppose anyone wants to help me with Gargoyles later tonight? I brought Mr Helpful Templar along on both my solo runs: the first time he fell off the roof about a minute in and the second time he got trapped in a corner and stunlocked while I got melted. While I feel like I might be underleveled for this area I managed to kill Yurt guy and the two special enemies in the church that don't respawn just fine by myself and I've been close on the boss runs but I just don't think I can make the push alone. I have no idea where to get anything that has fire resist and apparently being a butchass knight with tons of armor and a kiteshield isn't cutting it.

Capsaicin posted:

Taurus Demon:

Alternatively you could just run around like a chicken with your head cut off like I did and he might just fall off the battlements and into the abyss. Seriously wait for him to charge, stand near the broken parts of the battlements and then just laugh straight to the campfire.

I810BUX fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 8, 2011

squirrelnow
May 29, 2009

What do you throw away that keeps returning?

evilalien posted:

You wandered too far. There are invisible boundaries where it will deactivate your sign because you crossed into another zone.

That's what I figured. Thanks! I'm setting up outside gargoyles to return the favor from earlier today :3:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

RotationSurgeon posted:

I don't suppose anyone wants to help me with Gargoyles later tonight? I brought Mr Helpful Templar along on both my solo runs: the first time he fell off the roof about a minute in and the second time he got trapped in a corner and stunlocked while I got melted. While I feel like I might be underleveled for this area I managed to kill Yurt guy and the two special enemies in the church that don't respawn just fine by myself and I've been close on the boss runs but I just don't think I can make the push alone. I have no idea where to get anything that has fire resist and apparently being a butchass knight with tons of armor and a kiteshield isn't cutting it.

what's your soul level?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

What the gently caress is up with ceaseless discharge? Sometimes he fights fair and performs his dodgeable attack but othertimes he goes "lol gently caress you" and fires his kamehameha gently caress-off one-hit-kill fire wave.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
So I just joined the Gravelord Servant covenant, got a nifty sword and miracle.

So question about the miracle, for anyone else who has it:

It says it has 40 uses, but each time I use it, it takes up 20 of them. Am I doing something wrong? I'd like to use it more than twice, it's very nice.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Just finished "wolfbro". Grey Wolf Sif was an awesome boss fight but be warned; do NOT use a slow weapon against him. He's extremely agile and the Dark Knight Sword dealt out a lot of damage but I also died 4-5 times because of that. Definitely one of my favorite bosses especially when you knock him down to 1/10 HP.

And now I'm in Blight Town with the intention of eventually hitting the Ash Lake. I am not looking forward to slow down city.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

what's your soul level?

Soul level 14, most of which I put into endurance, with knight armor, a kite shield, and a spear +2.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Also, I just rang the second bell and aren't I supposed to get an item that enables teleporting between bonfires, among other things?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

RotationSurgeon posted:

Soul level 14, most of which I put into endurance, with knight armor, a kite shield, and a spear +2.

i'll see if i can dig up any 2-day trials to help you out, hold on.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Samurai Sanders posted:

The rule of the traps in Sen's fortress is to figure out how to make enemies run into them instead of you.

There aren't even any enemies there! It's the narrowest one at the top with the bunch of 4 at the end. I don't think there's room to stand in between any of them. I made it through once by accidentally jumping, where I hit one but didn't take damage or fall off. Then I promptly died to the cannonballs on top of the tower.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So, is there a widely acknowledged class most suited to noobs? Apparently I need all the help I can get. :/

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

i'll see if i can dig up any 2-day trials to help you out, hold on.

Alright, thanks dude. What are 2day trials.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

DeathSandwich posted:

(catacombs) Pinwheel is a dickbag. I killed him first try but as he was dying one of his minions got a shot off on me that killed me.

The same exact thing happened to me. :(

Covenant Related: The gravelord sword that I got is fuckin' awesome. :D

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
holy crap i'm only grinding like 1.2k souls every five minutes someone loving shoot me

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

RotationSurgeon posted:

Alright, thanks dude. What are 2day trials.

oh wait, are you on xbox or ps3?

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Can somebody tell me how to get this item in the forest? You see it on a raised ledge to the left a short ways in on the main path entering from the Blacksmith. It's pretty much underneath the Moonlight Butterfly bridge, and I can see a tunnel leading to it, but I just have no idea how to get there and so it sits there taunting me every time I walk through here.

Bobnumerotres posted:

Also, I just rang the second bell and aren't I supposed to get an item that enables teleporting between bonfires, among other things?

That comes later.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

oh wait, are you on xbox or ps3?

Xbox. All of the messages I see tell me to roll off cliffs. It's pretty frustrating.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

evilalien posted:

Can somebody tell me how to get this item in the forest? You see it on a raised ledge to the left a short ways in on the main path entering from the Blacksmith. It's pretty much underneath the Moonlight Butterfly bridge, and I can see a tunnel leading to it, but I just have no idea how to get there and so it sits there taunting me every time I walk through here.

That comes later.

i saw it too, i wandered around for a half hour and found nothing :[

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Does anyone have any clue where to get more Eyes Of Death? I need them to for my sweet undead prizes.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

RotationSurgeon posted:

Xbox. All of the messages I see tell me to roll off cliffs. It's pretty frustrating.

i don't have gold so i need to find one of those two-day trial promotions they used to give out. if i find one i'll let you know. i should still be within your bracket to help you, hopefully.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Does anyone have any clue where to get more Eyes Of Death? I need them to for my sweet undead prizes.

You aren't going to like this. Go murder the frogs in the Depths.

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

I'm thoroughly enjoying this game - much more than Demon's Souls in fact. However, I wish I could stay human for longer than 5 minutes, if it isn't a surprise monster it's a black phantom, and I've never not been instantly backstabbed and one-shot by an untargetable bp so far (are there any other kinds?).

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

The Wise Teen posted:

There aren't even any enemies there! It's the narrowest one at the top with the bunch of 4 at the end. I don't think there's room to stand in between any of them. I made it through once by accidentally jumping, where I hit one but didn't take damage or fall off. Then I promptly died to the cannonballs on top of the tower.

Once you get up there again, light the bonfire (immediately run up two staircases after you get outside, then there's a break in the railing that you fall off of to land next to the bonfire)

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

evilalien posted:

You aren't going to like this. Go murder the frogs in the Depths.

Their drop rate must be absolute garbage because I was soul farming them for awhile and got more chunks of titanite from the slimes. Thanks though.

Being undead ain't easy playa.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Their drop rate must be absolute garbage because I was soul farming them for awhile and got more chunks of titanite from the slimes. Thanks though.

Yeah, I wouldn't bother unless you have the drop rate ring.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

evilalien posted:

That comes later.

Aye they should just loving give it to you. Getting into blighttown isn't fun but remembering the way out is impossible.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

Aye they should just loving give it to you. Getting into blighttown isn't fun but remembering the way out is impossible.

Oh god this was me earlier this evening; is there a shortcut from Blighttown to the Burg/Firelink besides going back through the depths, or though the Londo Ruins to find the elevator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sumixam
Jun 9, 2004

Always got to wash them at their ends.
Beat Taurus. Did you guys keep pushing on or go back and fight the black knight and/or Havel?
Dual wielding a scimitar and dagger is cool but not very practical.

• Locked thread