Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

So how do I progress in the londo ruins? I found the dude on top of the building, but the only ways to go that I see are locked. I have the wolf's ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

potaties posted:

Everybody I'm invading in the Dark Forest has crazy lightning spears and hosed up looking armor. This isn't fair!! :mad:

Edit: Okay I guess a dude died the instant I was joining. That'll do

Better than my luck. Everyone I've invaded for darkmoon covenant has one shot me through my hosed up looking armor and lightning spear.

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Stele007 posted:

Uh oh... Prepare your anus for incoming rape. If you're human in the forest you WILL get invaded. I also only ever saw one white phantom sign at the entrance of the forest.

Haha. I had some wizard summon me and another guy for Sif and they were dead before I could get through the fog door and sprint flat out for a Zweihander strike. That wolf is brutal.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Filthy Monkey posted:

So how do I progress in the londo ruins? I found the dude on top of the building, but the only ways to go that I see are locked. I have the wolf's ring.

You probably aren't suppose to be there yet.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Crowbear posted:

Also, the stats on it at base level are 60/0/180/0 and the scaling is E/B/-/-

Oh thank you. Base level? Can you upgrade it with demon titanite to do more physical damage or it takes another kind of titanite?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
What SL are you guys in the forest? If you're on PS3 i'll let u kill me if I see you in there.

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW

Comrade Flynn posted:

Holy poo poo I hate Sif. I've never had much trouble until this rear end in a top hat. gently caress him. I'm sitting out here waiting for someone to hopefully drop a summon sign.

Is your shield decent? There are two attacks I can't block without taking damage and those are A) when Sif does the double spin aka switches the side the sword is held and B) the dash towards you with a strike. For the double spin, either roll towards or away, you should land in a safe zone either way unless you're dumb. For the dash, retain some distance and keep blocking, the attack seems to do way more damage the closer you are.

Also, if you're not as fast as you can possibly be then you'll probably lose because speed > ugly armor.

Not a hard boss, people just don't seem to understand how to beat bosses that don't don't let you fillet their rear end in a top hat.

Buckwild Dorf fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 9, 2011

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

You probably aren't suppose to be there yet.
Entirely possible. I thought I was supposed to kill poo poo there to avoid missing on a covenent though? I've cleared Anor Londo up to the boss.

Bobnumerotres posted:

Oh thank you. Base level? Can you upgrade it with demon titanite to do more physical damage or it takes another kind of titanite?
Yeah, it takes demon titanite. Upgraded, it is 90 physical 270 fire.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

I'm totally lost in Blighttown. I made it to the bottom/poison swamp, got across that and back up to where the path splits to go towards some poison dart guys or out towards the Valley of Drakes. I killed the poison dart guys and took the ladder down to where a bunch of fire breathing dogs were, but it seems to dead end there. I'm just trying to get to Quelag's Domain and thought for sure I was going the right way?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

Better than my luck. Everyone I've invaded for darkmoon covenant has one shot me through my hosed up looking armor and lightning spear.

What SL are you and where are you usually finding people? Or are you one of those jerks who actually has a working covenant ring. :mad:

Bobnumerotres posted:

It uses demon titanite.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Filthy Monkey posted:

Entirely possible. I thought I was supposed to kill poo poo there to avoid missing on a covenent though? I've cleared Anor Londo up to the boss.

Yeah, it takes demon titanite. Upgraded, it is 90 physical 270 fire.

If you want to join the darkwraiths you need to kill the dude at the top of the building to get his key to proceed. You also need the ring from Sif in order to beat the boss there IIRC

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

DO IT TO IT posted:

I'm totally lost in Blighttown. I made it to the bottom/poison swamp, got across that and back up to where the path splits to go towards some poison dart guys or out towards the Valley of Drakes. I killed the poison dart guys and took the ladder down to where a bunch of fire breathing dogs were, but it seems to dead end there. I'm just trying to get to Quelag's Domain and thought for sure I was going the right way?

One of the ladders from Valley of Drakes leads to a waterwheel thing that takes you down to the swamp There's a bonfire there if you follow the wall to the left. I think you need to cross the tree branch back to the other side of where you are. Just go towards the waterwheel

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Oh man, I've gotten two indictments. Does absolving yourself of sin at the dude in the belltower remove you from the Book of Guilty? I don't want to be invaded by the Darkmoon guys later on if I can avoid it!

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

DO IT TO IT posted:

You need to go all the way right in the swamp (right being when you have the scaffolding/Shanty town at your back). It should be a big white mound with a lot of black spikes protruding out of it. Make sure you grab the bonfire at the center of the swamp, in a sewer-like place.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

DeathSandwich posted:

If you want to join the darkwraiths you need to kill the dude at the top of the building to get his key to proceed. You also need the ring from Sif in order to beat the boss there IIRC

You don't need to kill that NPC. He will freely give it to you once you have the Lordvessel. Just make absolutely sure not to talk to Frampt when you have the Lordvessel or you will get locked out of the Darkwraith Covenant until NG+.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

Holy poo poo I hate Sif. I've never had much trouble until this rear end in a top hat. gently caress him. I'm sitting out here waiting for someone to hopefully drop a summon sign.

Keep your distance. The 2 attacks you probably can't block are his spinning attack and his charging slash, so be sure to back up when you see one of those coming. After he uses one of those attacks with a reasonably long recovery time, sprint up and get completely underneath him, and you are entirely safe to wail on him until he jumps away. Then just wait for another opening to get back under him.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

potaties posted:

Oh man, I've gotten two indictments. Does absolving yourself of sin at the dude in the belltower remove you from the Book of Guilty? I don't want to be invaded by the Darkmoon guys later on if I can avoid it!

Yeah, it does.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Whoa, I just got a Pendant as a reward for killing the third guy I invaded in the forest :stare:

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Hopefully this isn't the annoying question asked constantly in the thread, but does anybody else have an issue where they can't get past the "Press Start" screen if they're connected to PSN? If I disconnect my game goes through fine, but I cannot get past the start screen if I am connected.

I'm updated to the latest version and everything too.

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
More on the Boar Helmet. Apparently there are more boars later on like the Taurus and Capra demons?

Can anyone confirm/deny that? I just really want that helmet. I'm all about form over function.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Hell Diver posted:

More on the Boar Helmet. Apparently there are more boars later on?

Can anyone confirm/deny that? I just really want that helmet. I'm all about form over function.

Yeah, there are.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

sentrygun posted:

Hopefully this isn't the annoying question asked constantly in the thread, but does anybody else have an issue where they can't get past the "Press Start" screen if they're connected to PSN? If I disconnect my game goes through fine, but I cannot get past the start screen if I am connected.

I'm updated to the latest version and everything too.

This happened a long time ago, before the NA or EU versions were out, when From shut off the multiplayer stuff due to bugs. Maybe that's happened again on PSN? For some reason?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If I just finished the undead church's belltower, how much longer until I can join the gravelord covenant? Is it in the catacombs under the cemetery? If so that'll be a while yet.

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW

RBA Starblade posted:

If I just finished the undead church's belltower, how much longer until I can join the gravelord covenant? Is it in the catacombs under the cemetery? If so that'll be a while yet.

Just go into the catacombs with a divine weapon or prepare to kick every skeleton over the ledge (this is the best option because you feel like a badass after getting to the gravelord.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Is there a bonfire in Sen's Fortress?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Funkmaster General posted:

This happened a long time ago, before the NA or EU versions were out, when From shut off the multiplayer stuff due to bugs. Maybe that's happened again on PSN? For some reason?

I think I was connected to PSN the first time I launched, but when I came back later that same day (Friday) it started doing that to me. I thought it was my PS3 at first, but the game has worked perfectly fine if I remove my ethernet cord.

Also, if it's a problem with PSN, is this affecting a lot of people? Haven't been watching this thread since I don't want to get spoiled on a bunch of stuff.

serling
Aug 25, 2005

Sarcophallus posted:

Yes, way in the back, when you emerge from the other side of the fortress.

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW

Sarcophallus posted:

Yes.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

sentrygun posted:

I think I was connected to PSN the first time I launched, but when I came back later that same day (Friday) it started doing that to me. I thought it was my PS3 at first, but the game has worked perfectly fine if I remove my ethernet cord.

Also, if it's a problem with PSN, is this affecting a lot of people? Haven't been watching this thread since I don't want to get spoiled on a bunch of stuff.

I've been playing all day without problems on PSN. I don't think I've seen any other people posting with that problem.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Stele007 posted:

The fog ring completely breaks PvP. Most magic is completely worthless against someone using it since you can't target them. Everyone that invades me uses it. Do you HAVE to be a member of the Forest Hunter covenant to get it? It seems like I'll have to join it just so I don't get hosed over.

No, you can trade a skull lantern at the crows nest for a fog ring later. Might want to get catacombs/tomb of the giants done as fast as possible if you want to get rid of it and snag it.

Comrade Flynn posted:

The trick is to stand right under him/her the whole time. Most of the bosses attacks will miss if you are right between the legs and gives you pretty much free hits the whole time. Even when Sif jumps, run/roll as fast as you can back under.

Filthy Monkey posted:

If you want to join the Darkwraith covenant, kill the old man up there (after you buy his stuff, of course) and take the floodgate key. You can then hit the abyss if you have Sif's ring and kill the four kings early if you don't have the lord vessel. Just a warning though, if you do join these guys you later lose the ability to sell things for souls.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but if any of you are having trouble with any boss and have a semi-decent melee build, you can pretty much crush 90% of everything with heavy armor/iron skin/and two handing the ever living poo poo out of it. Hamels armor and any weapon +10-ish will kill everything you come across. The only two bosses I have seen so far that this fails against is Executioner/Dragonslayer and Seath.

Really loving this game now as a dex build after getting the right equipment for it.

Finally got my red orb/armor from Darkwraith. +5 Priscilla's Dagger/+5 Lightning Iaido and a maxed out Dragonslayer Greatbow really just wrecks poor people in PvP.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Anor Londo is the worst place. I thought Blighttown was the worst but I was sorely mistaken. Blighttown wasn't full of black knights that shoot loving lances at you while you're standing on a very narrow bridge what the gently caress.

I want to go back to Firelink where it's safe and warm. Is there a way back or do I need to beat the/a boss?

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Finally got my first forest invasion kill. I came in wearing heavy armor and throwing lightning bolts and the dude dodge from tree to tree to close in on me. When he finally got to melee range I switched to my divine claymore and killed him in three swings.

Then a message popped up saying "You have been indicted". :smug:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Schlegel Mach posted:

Anor Londo is the worst place. I thought Blighttown was the worst but I was sorely mistaken. Blighttown wasn't full of black knights that shoot loving lances at you while you're standing on a very narrow bridge what the gently caress.

I want to go back to Firelink where it's safe and warm. Is there a way back or do I need to beat the/a boss?

Go back to where you started in Anor Londo. The gargoyles will take you back to Sen's.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

RBA Starblade posted:

You could go get it right now, realistically though, you're a ways out because the catacombs is going to savage you pretty hard.

Slacker Ace
Oct 30, 2010
Is there a trick to avoiding Gaping Dragon's jump attack?

Second time in a row where he's down to 1/4 health, then he immediately jumps and lands exactly where my character is. Doesn't matter how soon I start running or how much I roll.

Other than that 1-hit kill he's really easy, so it's pretty frustrating :(

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

So I'm pretty far in the game, and was running from Firelink to the Undead Parish blacksmith to upgrade some junk. As I was passing through the church, I noticed there was a pendant and 6 or so humanity sitting in front of the altar where you get the fire keeper soul. There was also a player message in front of it that said "Saint". Is this supposed to happen, or do dropped items transfer between worlds and someone just decided to be a nice dude?

Schlegel Mach posted:

Just go talk to the gargoyle that took you there from Sen's. Though I'd suggest just completing the area, as you get something at the end of it that you'll really want sooner rather than later.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 9, 2011

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Volitaire posted:

Go back to where you started in Anor Londo. The gargoyles will take you back to Sen's.

:swoon: Thank you!

I say farewell to this horrible place for another ten levels or so!

Vargs posted:

Just go talk to the gargoyle that took you there from Sen's. Though I'd suggest just completing the area, as you get something at the end of it that you'll really want sooner rather than later.

I'm having a remarkably difficult time with it, am on my last humanity, and my Internet/Dark Souls multiplayer is loving up to the point where the only person I can summon to help is Solaire (every time I unhollow I get a 'failed connection' sign, which is just adorable). I'd like to finish the area because I'm so close, and so I don't have to bother with those loving dark knights again, but I don't think it's possible.

Meowjesty fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 9, 2011

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Vanguard Warden posted:

Finally got my first forest invasion kill. I came in wearing heavy armor and throwing lightning bolts and the dude dodge from tree to tree to close in on me. When he finally got to melee range I switched to my divine claymore and killed him in three swings.

Then a message popped up saying "You have been indicted". :smug:

What do you use to shoot lightning?

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009
Just killed me a Moonlight Butterfly and now I have a giant soul that promises me either a Fancy Weapon or Lots of Souls. So how does this work? do I just use it, or do I hold on to it for crafting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Vargs posted:

So I'm pretty far in the game, and was running from Firelink to the Undead Parish blacksmith to upgrade some junk. As I was passing through the church, I noticed there was a pendant and 6 or so humanity sitting in front of the altar where you get the fire keeper soul. There was also a player message in front of it that said "Saint". Is this supposed to happen, or do dropped items transfer between worlds and someone just decided to be a nice dude?

After you save Rhea in the Catacombs, she ends up at that spot in the church at some point. She may have killed herself there. She's the NPC where you can get the Pendant from in-game so it matches up.

• Locked thread