Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
Speaking of Big Hat Logan, I just got him in Firelink and when I talk to him he says that I'm not capable of using sorcery but that's okay because not everyone is. Then he doesn't sell me anything. Is my intelligence supposed to be at a certain level before he will sell to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

doctor 7 posted:

EDIT: Oh and for gently caress's sake spend all your souls/humanity on poo poo BEFORE you get to Blighttown. Chances are you're just going to die and lose it at least once so might as well have a fully stack of anti-poison.
Also, spend humanity? What? I'd kindled every fire I came across.

So I went to take a piss and mosquitos came out of nowhere and mobbed me. I heard myself die and could do nothing (because I don't want to pee all over my room).

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Bring your controller to the toilet and play via the reflection of your TV on the mirror.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Rufus T. Turnbuckle posted:

Speaking of Big Hat Logan, I just got him in Firelink and when I talk to him he says that I'm not capable of using sorcery but that's okay because not everyone is. Then he doesn't sell me anything. Is my intelligence supposed to be at a certain level before he will sell to me?

I believe your int must be higher than 30 before he sells to you.

To be fair, he has loving ridiculously strong spells that only have a pair/handful of uses per bonfire.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Bobnumerotres posted:

I believe your int must be higher than 30 before he sells to you.

To be fair, he has loving ridiculously strong spells that only have a pair/handful of uses per bonfire.

nah, just 15.

invalid
Aug 1, 2005

by I Ozma Myself
Sorry hippie butterfly, but now a little less knowing there is change in difficulty in jumping between divine and occult.

Son of a bitch.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
The only real problem I see with Blightown is the atrocious framerate and getting glitched into a wall. If not for that it wouldn't be so bad. I actually find Sen's fortress easier simply because the framerate is better and you don't need to worry about your character getting stuck on physics object #1743.

Elysiume posted:

So I went to take a piss and mosquitos came out of nowhere and mobbed me. I heard myself die and could do nothing (because I don't want to pee all over my room).

I can't stop laughing at this.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wait you guys have been going to Anor Londo at 45? I'm in the mid 30s! :ohdear:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Also, I've found that Humanity and being human/hollow has a bunch of subtle effects on stats.

I went down to the crystal caves to grind some clams, I killed them all dealing about 90 damage per swing, and then turned human + ate some humanity to boost item find.

I swing at one, and suddenly, I'm dealing 116 damage per swing. I check and my weapon is getting a larger bonus from my dexterity, and the elemental damage is getting a bonus from..nowhere.

I believe I was also taking less damage. I'm not sure if this is to due with me being human or just the level of humanity. If it's the latter then that is a pretty poor design choice since there is very little reason to be Human at the moment.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

Also, I've found that Humanity and being human/hollow has a bunch of subtle effects on stats.

I went down to the crystal caves to grind some clams, I killed them all dealing about 90 damage per swing, and then turned human + ate some humanity to boost item find.

I swing at one, and suddenly, I'm dealing 116 damage per swing. I check and my weapon is getting a larger bonus from my dexterity, and the elemental damage is getting a bonus from..nowhere.

I believe I was also taking less damage. I'm not sure if this is to due with me being human or just the level of humanity. If it's the latter then that is a pretty poor design choice since there is very little reason to be Human at the moment.

I've noticed this too and just assumed my mind was playing tricks on me. If this is the case then being human has some benefit. Still not work being human though. :v:

Noe if you gained your humanity back when you recover your bloodstain, THEN it would be useful. As it is now, it's just a waste of a point.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

You are probably using the Furysword. It is a chaos weapon, and gets stronger as you have more floating humanity. Up to 10.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

it takes a special kind of rear end in a top hat to invade people during the bone dogs

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I'm having this hard time deciding. Pyromancer's spells aren't effected by the int stat is it? I'm trying to figure out some good casting builds. And I have 4 levels atm to put wherever I like. How many attunement slots should I try to go for?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Filthy Monkey posted:

You are probably using the Furysword. It is a chaos weapon, and gets stronger as you have more floating humanity. Up to 10.

The Futurepress guide also mentions that it has an influence on Fire and Magic resistances so it's possible its mixed in to a lot of stuff.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

After doing some looking around, I found out that Knights are automatically part of the Way of the White covenant at the start of the game, because I didn't remember joining it. My question is, if I join a different covenant (say, Chaos Servant), would I still break my "oath" that I made with Way of the White, since I never asked to be part of it in the first place?

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Is anyone on that could help me with capra demon? He killed me and I lost my humanity. I'm gonna go find some somewhere. Message znorps on xbox if you can help.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I've changed from way of white to knights of sunlight to darkmoon blades back to knights of sunlight
when I ask to see my stats in the book of the fallen or whatever it's called it says I'm not in there. I think you can change the "good" covenants at will

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So is there a way of dodging Gaping Dragon's fat rear end crushing you? Because holy hell, I chopped off his tail, managed to avoid the stupid little mage guy the entire battle, but rear end in a top hat just jumped and stomped on me and OHKO'd me.

Brian Fellows
May 29, 2003
I'm Brian Fellows

Brian Fellows posted:

So I'm sick of being in the Forest Cult and getting ambushed by shitheads that have gear I couldn't even hope to have at this point. If I peacefully leave it via the guy in the parish, will I be able to join up when I'm a later level and won't just get murdered before I even have time to put my shield up?

Anyone? Going once...

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Znorps! posted:

Is anyone on that could help me with capra demon? He killed me and I lost my humanity. I'm gonna go find some somewhere. Message znorps on xbox if you can help.

I've been sitting in front of the Capra for half an hour with a summon marker down but no takers. P2P (and the low 360 population) really is the worst thing about this game. :(

Calaveron posted:

So is there a way of dodging Gaping Dragon's fat rear end crushing you? Because holy hell, I chopped off his tail, managed to avoid the stupid little mage guy the entire battle, but rear end in a top hat just jumped and stomped on me and OHKO'd me.

When he jumps up in the air, just run. Unless you're at like 75% weight and running slow as balls you should be able to get away from his landing zone. Also, what stupid little mage guy? :confused:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Man I finally started a playthrough with the Old Witch's Ring so I could understand the Daughter of Chaos and her lines are depressing. :(

She is apparently blind. She keeps referring to you as Quelagg, or "my dear sister" and talks about how she's constantly in pain. :smith:

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Brian Fellows posted:

Anyone? Going once...

Yes. You can also peacefully leave by joining another covenant. Alvina will act as if you haven't joined in the first place (ring aside)

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Calaveron posted:

Have you considered killing the mage before the battle? Also, just run in a direction and look up. It's kind of hard to get hit.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Elysiume posted:

Also, spend humanity? What? I'd kindled every fire I came across.

Youcan quit the game and come right back where you left off, enemies dead and all.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Where's Gwendolyn? I'm at what I'm assuming is the last boss but I've never seen him.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Brian Fellows posted:

Anyone? Going once...

You can leave and come back later, the cat doesn't care, but you'll have to absolve your sins with the church man first because that's how things are.

The right way to do it is to go to the church guy and have him remove your covenant status then go sign up with your new covenant. This should keep you from having to pay sin tax later.

Calaveron posted:

Yeah. When lockoff disengages run your fat rear end the gently caress away.

raton fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 14, 2011

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Vatek posted:

I've been sitting in front of the Capra for half an hour with a summon marker down but no takers. P2P (and the low 360 population) really is the worst thing about this game. :(

When he jumps up in the air, just run. Unless you're at like 75% weight and running slow as balls you should be able to get away from his landing zone. Also, what stupid little mage guy? :confused:

I looked before but didn't see anything. Got my own soap down. No takers yet :(

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
Not sure if anyone saved this image yet. I always close it and then forget about the items, so I just found it through skype logs and uploaded it to my site. Kudos to the person making it! It's somewhat incomplete and a bit ugly-looking at the moment but it works for me.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Znorps! posted:

Correction, I got a few takers but they've all been "failed to join session".

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?

Zain posted:

I'm having this hard time deciding. Pyromancer's spells aren't effected by the int stat is it? I'm trying to figure out some good casting builds. And I have 4 levels atm to put wherever I like. How many attunement slots should I try to go for?

Correct, pyromancy is powered up by upgrading your flaming fist. Having 5 spell slots at 19 attunement is plenty, and should give you a stock of burning death more than large enough to make it to the next bonfire, unless you miss a lot. Since pyromancy is sorta close-ranged and casts slowly, I have found it good to get a bit of vitality and a lot of endurance, to wear heavy armor and shrug off someone's attack immediately before stuffing their face full of fireball.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vatek posted:

Yeah they really boned it. They tried too hard to not let people play with their frieds and hosed the MP. It's especially bad if you have played Demon's recently because it works fine it that game. 50 hours in and I still haven't been invaded and I am waiting for a summon while I type this (been waiting for 15 min)

It's not an Xbox thing. I'm on Ps3 and have the same problems.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Ovaltine Jenkins posted:

Where's Gwendolyn? I'm at what I'm assuming is the last boss but I've never seen him.

You know the bonfire accessible from the turning central platform thing in Anor Londo? Go into the room and put on the Darkmoon Seance Ring.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Znorps! posted:

I've been getting bites pretty well at CL13 on the capra demon, on the PS3 version. My dragoncrest boosted great chaos fireball can take it out in two shots too, so the fights don't last long.

Unknown_PC
Oct 9, 2002

What do you mean it's not done!?

Rufus T. Turnbuckle posted:

Yeah, you need 15 INT as others have stated. You can also negate this requirement after rescuing Logan for the 2nd time in Duke's Archive.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ixjuvin posted:

oh, Pyromancy! You don't have to put points into int to do a lot of damage! *spends 500,000 souls on stuff which could have been int levels* :shepface:

Yo, the point of pyromancy isn't that it's cheap. The point is that you don't have to raise your stats to use it. You get diminishing returns per soul because each point costs more. Buying a spell or upgrading your focus doesn't make the next point of endurance or strength you desperately need to equip something cost more. Hope This Helps You In Your Dark Souls Experience (HTHYIYDSE).

edit: this is important because some stats (dex, int, faith) only do one specific thing and if you aren't doing that, it's wasted. other stats (end, vit) are important to any character.

Drox fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 14, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Garin posted:

Not sure if anyone saved this image yet. I always close it and then forget about the items, so I just found it through skype logs and uploaded it to my site. Kudos to the person making it! It's somewhat incomplete and a bit ugly-looking at the moment but it works for me.

big chart

Mine's prettier hurrrrrrr

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
We can battle spreadsheets if you like, but I kinda prefer blue background + white text over that mess of colors even if it is smaller.

invalid
Aug 1, 2005

by I Ozma Myself
I feel bad about my initial decision.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Ok just helped someone beat him. Unzombified and going to hang out until I see some soap.

Sl22 knight dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yo guys I'm just checking in to say Garin was right

Lost Izalith is a loving abomination of an area. It's not even difficult, just straight out not loving fun at all. Not even the boss was redeeming.

My world is orange.

And all I can hear right now after shutting the system off is WOOSH WOOSH

• Locked thread