Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Weapon TYPE still matters right? My cleric had no issues with those non-soul-giving skeletons because maces rock skeletons. Why don't those give souls anyways? :(

God drat bridge dragon... I tried stripping to run faster and even then he keeps roasting me. Yes yes, suck it up. I don't know what to do, I hug the right, sprint and haul rear end but I get killed by the third breath. UGH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Man, I'm in the Parish now of course as soon as I post whining about it I make it past bridge dragon in one try, didn't even get hit once by fire.

But I really though that portcullis would stay open. :( It does not. My splat was right on the other side of it too! Of course I got gibbed on the way back by the lamest zombies because I got pinned in a corner on a ledge and couldn't target anything.

Oh Dark Souls.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Graviija posted:

Yeah, so, back attacking the armored boar is hilarious.

Getting the boar to commit ham-icide by standing in FIRE is even more hilarious.

VV- eh, I always play a medium armored cleric. I can't roll but I'm not slow either, shield and strafe is a totally valid choice.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Yeah the Parish Boss is really easy with friends. I'm helping random internet peoples kill it for fun now. White Soapstone HEROES.

Where exactly is the next place to go? I rang the first bell, now there's a lot of open paths but am I headed down? I remember getting ruined by those banshee things.

Also is there a good way besides ranged to kill the lightning beast by the Parish fire? He keeps untargetting and mashing my face. I don't care if you can run past him I want to see him in little stone pieces.

The 1H mace parry/riposte is :black101: Mace to the Face!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

So (forest) is there any decent way to melee down Moonlight Butterfly or does it just take a while as you have to let her land first? I've killed her once as a white phantom, it just took quite a while and I was wondering if there's a better way.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I've yet to run into issues with being too far from a smith that would have required me to repair my own poo poo. If you can hold on the blacksmith sells the kit for 2k instead of 3k though, I think.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

^^^From the top of the elevator literally go straight. 3 normal enemies, a long long hall, down some steps is your fire and some more is your smith.

The lady who sells the anti-curse is behind the sewer grate right near capra demon.

Curse isn't THAT bad, you can open up a path through the sewer that skips all the frogs. I cleared the entire area while cursed, just play conservatively and when you find the boss's fog door uncurse yourself (either run back like I did or bring one along. They're 6k souls, which is pricey, but it's really only a one time deal.)

Sewer is a fairly relaxing level compared to what comes after. Half health is nothing compared to TOXIN. Ugh.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It's not lost unless you die on the way back!

I had 30k souls in a pile on the other side of a 3 inch wide bridge being peppered with Toxin dart spewers. I was shaking, trying to cross that drat gap knowing there's a monster on the other side next to my puddle while dying of the nastiest poison ever.

I got it, then I died again on the same side of the bridge. So I had to make hell-run again. But I got them back, I did. Dark Souls didn't get me that time!

Of course I had another 15 minutes of Blight town before I could get to a bonfire and the Shrine fire lady is dead when I get back.

You can't win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Elite Knight(+3'd the whole set EXCEPT gloves, because hard leather gloves are freaking amazing, for some reason.) lasted me all the way till 50ish.

But I just picked up the Ornstein set after beating a boss, it's golden lion armor and it is amazing. Except the gloves, which are beaten handily by Hard Leather +6 (heh.)

The best part about this is I joined the Sun covenant and now when I get summoned to help people I am a giant golden glowing lion woman.

I'm farming shards in the depths so I threw down my soapstone and helped some guy kill the boss. It's really fun to be the cool powerful dude helping out the new guy when I was one of the ones who needed help two days ago.

• Locked thread