Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Here's my code in anticipation for this http://goo.gl/SlGxq. It is so hard not to break and watch anything that will spoil this for me, I cannot wait to have this game make me run like a scared bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Can anyone tell me where to find the various upgrade embers? I checked the wiki, but I didn't see the ones I wanted. All I have is the large, magic, and divine embers, and I'd really like to start making some new stuff.

Also, for those of you looking to farm green shards should start going through the swamp and slaughtering the slugs. They can drop stacks of 5 a piece, and any you don't use can be broken down by frampt for regular shards.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Or just go kill the blue crystal golem things near the Hydra in Darkroot Basin for blue chunks, then feed them to that dragon thing and you'll get 3(?) green shards for each one.

I'm still a fan of the swamp ones, those drop greens like they are going out of style. You can even get a few large shards mixed in and save yourself a few souls.

ALso, I still can't find any more of those damned embers. i just want to make my own lightning/fire/occult/15 weapons.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

For all you guys making GBS threads your pants over Capra demon, I feel bad for when you get down past the lava lake.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

pixaal posted:

He's probably resistant to magic, try using a weapon I beat the crap out of him without getting hit by hugging a side "tail" and wailing on him with a lightning spear I think. I did it in my low 40s so you should be fine. You should have found a lightning spear in Sen's Castle by killing the mimic chest

I love those chests so much. the first time I ran into that one I was laughing for like a minute straight. This game doesn't give handouts, and I love every second of it.

McTimmy posted:

I laughed and fought and made a mountain of corpses.

There's something about fighting and killing them two at a time that makes you feel all :black101: .

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

McKilligan posted:

Can anyone give me a rundown on what divine damage does? I'm going to make a +10 Divine broadsword regardless (currently +6), but obviously the diving damage doesn'y apply to all enemies. Can anyone enlighten me as to how it works, and what enemies (other than skeletons and undead) that is actually helps against?

IIRC it gives you a damage bonus against the skellies (percentage I think?) and prevents the necros from endlessly bringing them back. I wouldn't do that to your broadsword though, Try using a regular longsword or the sunlight straight sword if you can find it. Similar damage but the R2 for those give you a pierce instead of the slash, which seems to be infinitely more useful on swords like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Holy poo poo, I just finished my SL2 play through and I am so loving pumped! I cannot wait for the DLC to hit.
Has anyone here done a SL1 play through? What was your main weapon?

• Locked thread