Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zmanl0p6
Apr 7, 2007

i am gun drive a trane up u
Well then.
Started to make my way through the sewers finally. After reading all the horror stories about this place and curse it took a lot for me to nut up and go through with it. I managed to make it through ok and even found the bonfire (I had gone in through the Butcher's cubby). However, before I could ignite the bonfire and save my position, a phantom I had started to summon earlier dropped in and I was locked out of it. Thankfully this guy was kick rear end, one shotting everything in my path and showing me where all the cool items were. We even made it through the frog room just fine. So when it came time for the boss, I was nervous but had a good feeling we could beat it. My blue phantom friend took off most of the bosses life with ease and I even got some shots in. However, the drat thing somehow got him in a corner and killed him, leaving me alone with it, and before I could take of its sliver of health he tail whipped me and killed me. I should also mention that we were "invaded" by Kirk and we killed the bastard, which gave me a good 7k souls.. Lo and behold I'm back at the Undead Burg, and in my panic to get back to the boss room past that lovely sewer, I feel off a cliff and died, losing everything.
The real Dark Souls starts here I'm sure, but I think I'm done for tonight.
At least I'm not cursed. Also, props to whoever that phantom was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zmanl0p6
Apr 7, 2007

Hey, I'm in Blight Town right now. I managed to make it down to the bottom to the swamp, but I seem to be stuck. There's a fog door up this tree trunk that I can't seem to cross over into, but that could just be because I had a white phantom helping me out throughout. Is that the reason I can't cross over? I found the weapon and everything down there, so there's nothing else. I didn't find the bonfire either, so if there's a boss behind that fog door I'd like to know so I can go back and try to search for one. Can anyone fill me in on what's going on here and where the bonfire is? I'd appreciate it.

Zmanl0p6
Apr 7, 2007

Entered Sen's Fortress for the first time today, and made it to the first trap bridge when I was revenge-invaded by a player I had killed earlier in the forest for the forest covenent. Needless to say, fighting another player on that death bridge is awesome. I even managed to knock him off it, but he didn't die and actually came back with full health, then killed me with his fire sword. :(

Which brings me to some advice I need. I'm currently deciding whether or not to keep upgrading my falchion to +10, because I heard it could be ascended into a pretty kickass weapon from there, or turning into a divine weapon at the blacksmith and using that to try to explore New Londo. Either way I need to start working on a new weapon, because my Dark Knights Sword +1 is too slow and weak to be much use anymore (both in Sen's Fortress and in PvP). Any advice on what I should do weapon wise? I want cool weapons too.

Zmanl0p6
Apr 7, 2007

Finally, after all that time and hard work, I have the furysword. Elation.
Only 2 more demon titanite and I can get this beautiful thing to +5.

The two archer knights weren't even that big of a problem, I died the first time because I went left and tried to actually kill them. On the second time I found just bolting to the right towards the door and letting that archer knock himself off the ledge was the easiest way to go. I got shot from behind but I wasn't pushed off.

Zmanl0p6
Apr 7, 2007

Ok, quick question about Darkwraiths.

I am talking to Kaathe right now and he's giving me what I assume is the option to destroy the flame and be a darkwraith and all that bad guy stuff. If I accept for the purposes of pvp, am I locked into an ending? Will Frampt still be my buddy? I'm guessing not but I'd like to know for sure before I commit.

Zmanl0p6
Apr 7, 2007

Hey, someone please tell me where the bonfire is in Tomb of the Giants right before Nito's boss door. The guide says there's one around but I cannot find it for the life of me and more than that the map shows one being in the boss chamber itself (which is impossible). I already have 45k souls laying on the floor of that place because I couldn't find one. So yeah, if you know, please tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zmanl0p6
Apr 7, 2007

Getting back into Dark Souls after getting frustrated by the Duke's Archives (or rather, the boss of that area). When he used his crystal breath on me and cursed me that was, for some reason, the last straw. Anyway, I've made a faith based character and I have a question about divine weapons. Will the damage bonus I get from faith on my weapon affect damage against other enemies besides undead?

I also got the Sunlight Sword, the one that Solaire drops. It doesn't appear to scale the way I want it to though, so I will probably dump it for another weapon that I can enchant. That is of course, assuming the Sunlight Sword can't be enchanted. I really don't have much experience with that aspect of the game.

• Locked thread