Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I just ordered this game and I'm really psyched about it! I want to play a warrior but I want to have a good amount of mobility since I like dodging and stuff like that. Which starting class should I choose, what kind of equipment should I use and how should I roughly distribute my stats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I have the Black Knight Sword +5 now (I'm around SL 65, have the Lordvessel and am about to start New Londo Ruins). I'm really kicking rear end with this weapon right now, but what's a good weapon to aim for next and maybe already start upgrading? I like one-handing swords and I like the feel of the black knight sword.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Cuchulain posted:

The Black Knight Sword is great, the only weapons that are in the same "set" are Claymores and Bastard Swords however. My Advice? If you're going to keep pumping strength, the Zweihander, BKGA, BKGS are all amazing. Just have to get used to the timing on them.
Thanks. I have the BKGS and Zweihander so I'm going to test them out and see which I like better. But for now the BKS is kicking rear end, so I'm good.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

In Demon's Souls my favorite track was Fool's Idol, and in Dark Souls it's Gwyn's theme. I'm just a sucker for good piano music.

The Souls series soundtracks are awesome, they have that old school Castlevania feeling while introducing a bunnch of new ideas. Just like the games themselves.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I really like that they kept the music so sporadic. The lack of music throughout most of the game does a lot for the atmosphere and sense of isolation.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Yeah, I agree, Dark Souls pulls off a great mood. But another thing I like about it is how it takes an old-school RPG feeling and combines it with innovative ideas. It has a lot of callbacks to classic RPGs (for instance the mimics, the polearms, weapons having +n modifiers, all the secrets, etc.) both in its gameplay and visual style, while also bringing a lot of new stuff to the table. Gameplay wise that's the online aspect, the combat, etc. while visually it's, well, everything that's not present in your run of the mill RPG.

In Morrowind, the world feels totally alien. What I like about Dark Souls is that it feels familiar but also fresh.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

If you rang the first bell, try going to the depths and blighttown and ring the second bell. You can access the depths from lower undead burg.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I'm starting a dex build, anyone got any tips? What are some good weapons/equipment to aim for? PvE is not much of a problem, so I'm looking for something with which I can do good in PvP. Are the bleeding daggers (priscilla's, bandit's) worth it in PvP? What about scythes?

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I'm doing a scythe/dagger dex build and I want a shield with as much stability as possible while also being able to parry. Which shield should i upgrade?

Also, doing my dex build, I was planning on having a +15 great scythe, for big monsters and prodding at people in PvP and then having a +5 lightning bandit's dagger. I heard somewhere that lightning weapons (and other non scaling weapons) have better critical hits than their +15 counterparts. Or should I go for a +15 bandit's dagger as well?

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Cool, thanks for the suggestions y'all. I think I'll stick to the Bandit's Knife for now because it really looks cool and I like the moveset, and I already invested a lot into dex, so yeah, there's that, but on my next playthrough I might go for something like that as well, looks really fun.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

It's cool cause instead of just staggering, he takes like a 5-minute break and lets you wail on him the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Yeah, I would say you are. :darksouls:

edit: Wait, maybe you can try to absolve your sins at the bell tower? It's worth a shot.

• Locked thread