Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Ugh, this game.

What's a good class for someone completely new to the series(And games like this, I suppose?) I'm completely stuck on the Taurus Demon and I have a level 8 warrior. I can't see a feasible way to level up either, since those rear end in a top hat bomber skeletons somehow keep a constant stream of firebombs at my face region(Even if I block, and/or dodgeroll around, they catch me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Thanks to whomever it was that suggested firebombing that goddamn Taurus Demon. Took like, 12 firebombs and perfect timing on blocking with the Hollow shield, but I did it. Also, not sure if this is a spoiler or not, so I'll spoiler it but: The armored bull you fight soon after, was he supposed to be that easy? I mean, all I did was lure him into the fire and he burned himself to death

Also, hell yes Baldur helm looks awesome. Now, to get a better weapon than this bog-standard spear...

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Also, is it possible to get the Drake sword with a crossbow? I haven't bought a bow yet, but one of the hollow sniper fucks dropped one, and I figure, it should be just as good.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Alright, well I'm utterly hosed. I'm SL 34 and I finished blighttown, and I cannot proceed further in any goddamn direction. Every single enemy takes between 5-15 hits from my +9 Winged Spear, the best armor I've found was the Stone Armor(Which does absolute poo poo for defense, durf), I accidentally killed the blacksmith in the Parish, and every single boss can knock off my stamina in one hit, and kill me in 2-3 hits.

Should I just start over? Because this game is raising my blood pressure to dangerous levels, as it stands.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Alright, I think I will start over, and chalk up my previous run as a learning experience. Question for those who are clearly far better at these kinds of games than myself: What's the best stats to level up, if I want to be a big, stompy knight-like guy? Also, what kind of weapons should I be looking into? The spear did me well for a while, but I hit a brick wall with it very quickly.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Oh my god, I love pyromancy.

Instead of restarting as a stompy knight, I made a pyromancer, and am currently at the same spot I was on my previous run(Where I hosed up and killed the blacksmith in the Parish), with about a third of the time spent. And far less deaths!

Why did I never consider pyromancy before?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

So, I killed that golden rear end in a top hat Lautrec in perhaps the funniest(to me) way, and was surprised that it worked.

I ran up to him, and without even letting him finish his first sentence, blasted him off the cliff with the Drake Sword's two-hand R2 attack. Easiest humanity I've ever gained :smug:

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

waspinator posted:

oh yes

You really need to get the turdlord run over with, so you can start on that Zeus run I recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Dying in Anor Londo to the one Mimic I don't test-poke, and then accidentally rolling off a catwalk and dying on my way back through Sen's(Since I didn't realize there was a bonfire), and losing 50k souls.

Also, the first death I had since trying to beat the Asylum Demon at the beginning of the game. Oh, Dark Souls :allears:

• Locked thread