Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Its black mist swallows all.

So what sword do you get for sparing Sif? I know he has two that you can make from a +10 weapon with his soul, but if I could spare the big guy I'd rather do that, especially since I plan on breaking the forest covenant for the ring of backflipping anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

So I wasn't really paying attention to what the cat was saying and answered no. Is there any way to get back into the forest covenant? I'd really like to break the pact and fight that ninja for his ring, also I wish she spoke normal english jesus christ.

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

evilalien posted:

Farm up enough souls for absolution probably.

I have no sin though, I just chose no when I guess she was asking if I wanted to join?

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

So do shiba and the ninja disappear if I end my pact with the forest hunters or will they stick around now that they've shown up once and gone to blight town.

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

So uh, I was going through Sen's Fortress looking for the lightning stuff and I beat the boss and was whisked away to Anor Lando, how do I get back?

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Zetsubou posted:

So, one of those wheelie skeletons decided to pop in while i was chatting to Vamos (skeleton smith), and ended up missing me and instead crashed straight into the smith, and was really taking his health off as he did his spinny wheel attack. I panicked because I did not want the smith to die so I stabbed the wheelie skeleton, but also the smith with the same jab. So now the smith is mad at me and is trying to kill me. How do I make it so he is not mad at me anymore?

Go back up to the belltower, and bring your SLx2000 souls with you. You can absolve your sins there and the smith will be a bro again.

Defiant Sally posted:

Man im really not getting the frustration with the curse frogs. I took on like 6 at a time just wading through their gas and I didnt even come close to getting a full bar?

Same here, I have no idea why people are mad about them, they're pathetically weak and easy to kill.

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

So my lightning Iaido +3 does about 50 damage a swing to one of The Four Kings. There aren't any summon signs at around soul level 62 either so uh... what do I do? I got him to about 75% hp before bad times happened and I died.

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Megasabin posted:

Now that I'm in forest hunter covenant can I be summoned into other people's world by Alivina if I'm hollowed or do I need to be in human form?

Either one, you just have to have the ring equipped.

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Zebrasectomy posted:

Just killed me a Moonlight Butterfly and now I have a giant soul that promises me either a Fancy Weapon or Lots of Souls. So how does this work? do I just use it, or do I hold on to it for crafting?

Save it. You can make a Spear or Shield from it, the Shield is incredibly good and I highly recommend it as it has 90% magic defense.

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Emron posted:

I just realized that putting a gravelord sign in an area filled with big rear end in a top hat monsters is probably a better idea than hiding it under some barrels or something.

You don't actually place the sign. You use the eye and it gives you an aura and infects people's worlds where they can try to invade you. This is actually really awful because you have literally zero indication that you've ever infected anyone's world and you have to be human to use the eye. PvP in this game is so broken it's really sad.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Welp I'm hosed. All out of Humanity items and I can not even dent the boss in Anor Londo without at least the NPC guy's help. Summoning other players seems to be glitched to hell on my end, worked once or twice and now just refuses to even try.

You can get humanity by killing rats in the depths, time to go farm~

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Zebrasectomy posted:

I went with the way of light and just abandoned the covenant later by talking to that Dude in the robe after the first bell. It didn't cost me a thing. Maybe the first times free?

Leaving a covenant has no penalty, breaking a covenant's rules is what gets you sin and the inability to rejoin. This applies to every single covenant even Darkwraiths and kaathe don't care if you leave for another group, although you have to rejoin to continue using the red-eye stone.

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Elysiume posted:

Why is every armor so bad? Or is my starter just that good? I'm still using half of my starter armor even though I've found 3 full (theoretically) good sets.

Perhaps saying what armor you're using would help. Also gold-hemmed robes are the single best armor set in the game unless you upgrade stuff, so you probably just haven't gotten that far yet (it's past the second bell).

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

gravyflood posted:

Does anyone have screens/videos of a particularly bright or creative-looking area? I'm trying to convince my friend that this game is more varied and less grimdark than Demon's Souls, but he's having none of it.

Show him Anor Londo and Duke's Archives/Crystal Caverns. You can probably just pull any walkthrough video off of youtube.

Also show him Tomb of Giants. :v:

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Toiwat posted:

Weren't divine weapons supposed to keep skeletons dead? Those little shits in Nito's room kept standing up anyway, I had to fight him while ignoring them. Or bait him to attack so that he'd kill them for a few seconds.

Is that boss really that easy or was I just lucky? I went in with few flasks and kind of sucked, but pulled it off first try anyway. :confused:

Make sure that you're the one who's getting the killing blow on them and not him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Megasabin posted:

Words.

Some of this is pretty good advice, but one VERY IMPORTANT THING to keep in mind is that the crystal ring shield L2's damage is based on your main hand weapon. With a lightning zweihander +5 (which I swear by, simply because backstabs with a hornet ring do over 1500 damage) in your right hand the crystal ring shield will do anywhere between 700 and 1300 damage if they have good to bad magic resist. Also if you use tranquil walk of peace they cannot physically move out of the way of the laser in time. Also with the ring of fog they can't actually target you (for now), which pretty much guarantees hatemail assuming you are semi competent.

• Locked thread